predictions

tbonehawaii

We are not on the team so we are allowed to look ahead. And be overly optimistic. Based upon how they are playing and how the opponents are looking I think the following is very possible. Maybe an additional loss to Washington, Dallas or one of the Jets games, but otherwise 13-3!

NY Giants w

Sun. Oct. 23 BYE

WASHINGTON* w

NY JETS w

at Dallas w

at Miami w

at NY Jets w

TENNESSEE w

at San Diego L

MIAMI w

DENVER w

at New England L

I'm sticking with my original predictions for the season. 0:)

Posted 9-10-11

10/16 @ New York Giants - Another tough loss on the road, 10 - 17.

10/23 Bye Record at the break 4 -2.

10/30 Washington Redskins (Tor) - Bills overcome the Toronto "home" crowd and get back to winning, 24 - 14.

11/06 New York Jets - Repeat of the NE game with the Bills coming from behind to win it on a field goal with 2 seconds on the clock, 17 - 14.

11/13 @ Dallas Cowboys Dallas - looking to stay alive in the NFC East, control the game from the start and win, 24 - 31.

11/20 @ Miami Dolphins - Bills squish the fish for a 17 - 10 win in 70 degree sunny weather (for a change)

11/27 @ New York Jets - Revenge time for the Jets, who cares, Bills lose 14 - 21.

12/04 Tennessee Titans - Titans are rebuilding w/o a decent QB despite Chris Johnson's best efforts, Bills win 21 - 10.

12/11 @ San Diego Chargers - SD is still a tough talented team and Rivers hoses the Bills for 28 points and a loss, 3 - 28.

12/18 Miami Dolphins - Low scoring game in the snow, Bills win it, 10 - 7.

12/24 Denver Broncos - Denver can't get running game going, Tebo can't get it done, Bills smother Broncos, 24 - 10.

1/01 @ New England Patriots - Bills already have the division wrapped up, play all the back ups and still almost win, 14 - 17.

Final Record 11 - 5 (fixed)

Division Title.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not on the team so we are allowed to look ahead. And be overly optimistic. Based upon how they are playing and how the opponents are looking I think the following is very possible. Maybe an additional loss to Washington, Dallas or one of the Jets games, but otherwise 13-3!

NY Giants w

Sun. Oct. 23 BYE

WASHINGTON* w

NY JETS w

at Dallas w

at Miami w

at NY Jets w

TENNESSEE w

at San Diego L

MIAMI w

DENVER w

at New England L

I love your optimism, but anyone watching this team knows it is no 13-3 team, by any stretch of the imagination. I am looking at best 10-6, but probably 9-7 which would still be quite an improvement. I think the Bills will struggle at NYG, at Dallas, at NYJ, at SD and at NE. I also would not be surprised if they win one of the games that they probably shouldn't but I also would expect them to lose at least one game that they should win, like they did the Bengal game.

Bottom line is the Bills need to go out and prove themselves every week, we aren't the Lions, Fitz isn't Stafford and Stevie isn't Calvin Johnson. I have confidence this coaching staff will put together a season that if all things go correctly will take us to the playoffs.

i know this will get peoples' panties in a wad, but this defense is going to start getting us beat soon...as soon as some of the more creative coaches start slowing down our collection of misfits and UDFAs (not even shutting down, merely slowing down), we are going to start dropping games. 9-7.

...but, but, but statistically the Bills defense is better than the Patriots, only given up one more point than the Patriots and only 9 more than the Packers for that matter, all while the offense has only scored one less point than the Patriots and 9 less than the Packers.

Do you see the Patriots and Packers slowing down to 9-7 also? Didn't think so! This isn't the '08 Bills with Captain Checkdown and a dead dick at the controls.

I would put Chan's creative offensive abilities up against anyone in the league.

...but, but, but statistically the Bills defense is better than the Patriots, only given up one more point than the Patriots and only 9 more than the Packers for that matter, all while the offense has only scored one less point than the Patriots and 9 less than the Packers.

Do you see the Patriots and Packers slowing down to 9-7 also? Didn't think so! This isn't the '08 Bills with Captain Checkdown and a dead dick at the controls.

I would put Chan's creative offensive abilities up against anyone in the league.

Haven't you heard? Its a huge conspiracy. Ask the Bengals :ph34r:

My preseason prediction was 10-6, and 4-2 at the bye, which is now the worst they can do.

I had us losing to the Jets twice, so those are both now in play. With some luck, 11 or 12 wins is possible now. However, I expect to see some fairly significant changes going forward:

I don't see the Bills keeping up the scoring pace on O, but I also see the D getting better, so the ppg against will also fall.

I see the biggest change happening on defense. I think the defense will tighten up, especially once McGee and Williams are back. I really liked what I saw from some of the young'uns Sunday--Carrington, Moats, and Shep. I think Merriman is actually playing really well. And Barnett...what can you say? Once the CBs get some reinforcements, the D will start to shut things down more consistently.

One of the reasons I Billieved the Bills could be a turn-around team was that they would have a swing of 7-8 points per game this year; that is, the O would score more (18 avg last year), and the D would give up less (27 last year). The O is scoring 15 more/ppg (33) and the D is giving up 3ppg less (24). I think we'll see both of those #s come down, which still translates into wins.

If we are 4-2 at the bye, then I think they end up 11-5; otherwise, 12-4 with a victory Sunday.

I think you hit animportant nailon teh head. I am hoping McGee rests for this game as well and we can have him back 100% the rest of the way. I think that and Merriman showing more signs of life, Williams being back will make the D much better (yards wise--takeaways they are world beaters). I also assume Leodis will be benched in favor of Florence once McGee is back.

I love your optimism, but anyone watching this team knows it is no 13-3 team, by any stretch of the imagination. I am looking at best 10-6, but probably 9-7 which would still be quite an improvement. I think the Bills will struggle at NYG, at Dallas, at NYJ, at SD and at NE. I also would not be surprised if they win one of the games that they probably shouldn't but I also would expect them to lose at least one game that they should win, like they did the Bengal game.

This team reminds me of the Chicago bears 13-3 year for some reason. When all the bounces and plays in the final seconds went there way.

Could be 13-3 who knows really?

For me, just focus on NY Giants. If this team takes it one week at a time and plays four solid quarters of Football, then they can win on any given Sunday.

NY Giants w

Sun. Oct. 23 BYE

WASHINGTON* w

NY JETS w

at Dallas w

at Miami w

at NY Jets w

TENNESSEE w

at San Diego L

MIAMI w

DENVER w

at New England L

It's all contingent on injuries, but I see us finishing around 10-6. Our defense is still average, but vastly improved over last season's turnstile.

Slow down guys - lets just get the next one and regroup over the bye.

Yeah, slow and steady. Us fans have to keep our head in the game. We can't let up, or think about anything but next week. Who knows, I might get injured cutting the lawn and not be able to cheer as well for the rest of the season! And at the same time, a Jets fan is right this minute recuperating from sore throat and is gonna come back STRONGER THAN EVER! Ready to cheer his team to the playoffs!

Yes, I think you are right, we Bills fans are gonna blow the season with this looking ahead business.

NY Giants L (tough road game)

Sun. Oct. 23 BYE

WASHINGTON* L (Toronto curse)

NY JETS L (Jets pwned us supremely last year)

at Dallas L (tough road game)

at Miami W (Fish suck at home)

at NY Jets L (another tough roadie)

TENNESSEE W (this one's really a toss-up but we should take it at home)

at San Diego L (another toss-up (SD is way overrated) but SD gets the edge as the home team)

MIAMI W

DENVER W

at New England L (this could be a massacre if NE has anything to play for)

That gives us an 8-8 record and serves as a solid step forward coming off of last year's 4-12 campaign. Shore up the defense in the offseason and add a legitimate WR complement to Stevie and I think we take that next step and become a playoff team in 2012.

Sun. Oct. 23 BYE

at San Diego L (another toss-up (SD is way overrated) but SD gets the edge as the home team)

MIAMI W

DENVER W

That gives us an 8-8 record and serves as a solid step forward coming off of last year's 4-12 campaign. Shore up the defense in the offseason and add a legitimate WR complement to Stevie and I think we take that next step and become a playoff team in 2012.

8-8 would be a total collapse at this point and I don't see anything less than 11-5. Looking at the schedule, I don't see a team that we cannot beat. I don't think we win them all, but I see no reason whatsoever that the Bills won't be in the playoffs.

Not really! They are a mess and injured. They just lost to a lousy Seattle team, at home no less. Win

Sun. Oct. 23 BYE

Skins D is tough. Tough "home Game in Toronto" Loss

Jets are good but they are also not playing well. Win

I think the Bills win this game! Win

Win

Loss

Win

Norv has them playing well. Loss

MIAMI W

Win

DENVER W

Tebow's a fraud he won't do shiitt against us. Win

Revenge for them. Loss

I have 11-5. They are not going 4-7 to finish the year, I don't care what you think. Chan will not let that happen. Everyone on that team has bought into Chan's system and they are learning how to win.

Enjoy the ride cause this could get fun!

Not really! They are a mess and injured. They just lost to a lousy Seattle team, at home no less. Win

Sun. Oct. 23 BYE

Skins D is tough. Tough "home Game in Toronto" Loss

Jets are good but they are also not playing well. Win

I think the Bills win this game! Win

Win

Loss

Win

Norv has them playing well. Loss

MIAMI W

Win

DENVER W

Tebow's a fraud he won't do shiitt against us. Win

Revenge for them. Loss

I have 11-5. They are not going 4-7 to finish the year, I don't care what you think. Chan will not let that happen. Everyone on that team has bought into Chan's system and they are learning how to win.

Enjoy the ride cause this could get fun!

Edited by FreakPop

That gives us an 8-8 record and serves as a solid step forward coming off of last year's 4-12 campaign.

8-8 would be a disaster at this point. As someone above said, 4-7 to finish the season? Eff that.

We've gone 11 straight seasons without the playoffs. This team better make it.

Anyone who is expecting 11 wins or better is setting themselves up for disappointment. This team still has glaring weaknesses which will be exploited as we get deeper into the season. On a neutral field i'd take the following afc teams ahead of us: ne, pitt, balt, texans, jets, raiders, chargers.