Cowherd power rankings

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Saints were pretty much a patch work team embraced by the media and especially so because they were in a small market suffering hard times. They took a shot on an injured Brees after Miami passed on him for Culpepper (the modern day curse of the Bambino). Their whole championship roster has always been filled with castoffs, low round picks and UDFAs. Their only name high first rounder never performed close to his selection number.

The media loved the New Orleans story because of the hurricane, though. Without Katrina, not sure the media would have put focus on the Saints.

Any one have any links?

I have all of Bills blurbs from the major power rankings that are out consolidated here: http://www.thebillsblog.com/2011/10/nfl-power-ranking-roundup.html

I will include Cowherd's if/when I can find it... but as usual, I don't think that guy's opinion amounts to much. One week he loves you the next week he hates you. He's always looking for a reaction, but offers little in the way of insight.

I have all of Bills blurbs from the major power rankings that are out consolidated here: http://www.thebillsblog.com/2011/10/nfl-power-ranking-roundup.html

I will include Cowherd's if/when I can find it... but as usual, I don't think that guy's opinion amounts to much. One week he loves you the next week he hates you. He's always looking for a reaction, but offers little in the way of insight.

Nice. NFL.com's got us at 6: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82309025/article/raiders-49ers-surge-in-rankings-after-big-week-5-victories?module=HP11_cp

They actually have a little blurb about each team this week.

This is all part of the plan. I hope everyone disrespects us. Micheal Wilbon said the Bills have to be 8-2 before we are taken seriously, but 2 minutes earlier he is drooling all over the 49ers for being 4-1. Do these guys hear themselves talk?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

According to Fox Sports we have a couple of pretty good TE's.. LOL

Fox Sports - 8th (up 4 spots) The Bills are for real on both sides of the ball, as they showed in Sunday's 31-24 win over Philly. Defensively, they give up a lot of yards, but are opportunisitc in creating turnovers. Offensively, Ryan Fitzpatrick is the perfect QB to orchestrate Chan Gailey's offense, and RB Fred Jackson and WR Stevie Johnson are augmented by a couple of pretty good TEs.

Fox Sports - 8th (up 4 spots) The Bills are for real on both sides of the ball, as they showed in Sunday's 31-24 win over Philly. Defensively, they give up a lot of yards, but are opportunisitc in creating turnovers. Offensively, Ryan Fitzpatrick is the perfect QB to orchestrate Chan Gailey's offense, and RB Fred Jackson and WR Stevie Johnson are augmented by a couple of pretty good TEs.

Well Smith was doing a good job blocking, and well...Chandler's production speaks for itself...

who am I kidding. Yeah, we have 1 good TE that is utilized more than any TE in recent Bills history...not sure what they see as the second pretty good TE?

In the final analysis, its "just win baby" The power rankings won't even get you a cup of senior citizens coffee at Mickey D's. The proof so far is we are the division leaders with a 4-1 record and having beaten our major division competition once. I had set nine wins as my basis for a successful season, and I'm not thinking winning hte division with ten or even eleven wins is out of the question.

The real power ranking is who gets to the playoffs and then who gets to the superbowl, and then who wins the superbowl.

and RB Fred Jackson and WR Stevie Johnson are augmented by a couple of pretty good TEs.

A lot of the outlets, including the FOX broadcast team, consider David Nelson a tight end.

Brian Billick is still confused about David Nelson's position, as he was on Sunday.

Driving back from Buffalo to VA after the first three home games, I have pretty much heard it all over the last few weeks. Cowherd isn't buying the Bills for two reasons. He said their defense is atrocious, which it is. And his main reason that he isn't buying the Bills is because of our schedule. He actually refers to the Bills as a pretty good team, horrendous schedule. Calls us one of the best teams in football in the redzone, and one of the worst on defense.

Sounds pretty dead on to me. The only reason I chimed in on this thread is because he doens't hate the Bills. He speaks well of them most of the time. He just doesn't think our schedule will allow our final record to be as good as the Raiders, as an example.

This isn't a Buffalo is a fraud type thing.

And overall, who cares!

Driving back from Buffalo to VA after the first three home games, I have pretty much heard it all over the last few weeks. Cowherd isn't buying the Bills for two reasons. He said their defense is atrocious, which it is. And his main reason that he isn't buying the Bills is because of our schedule. He actually refers to the Bills as a pretty good team, horrendous schedule. Calls us one of the best teams in football in the redzone, and one of the worst on defense.

Sounds pretty dead on to me. The only reason I chimed in on this thread is because he doens't hate the Bills. He speaks well of them most of the time. He just doesn't think our schedule will allow our final record to be as good as the Raiders, as an example.

This isn't a Buffalo is a fraud type thing.

And overall, who cares!

The Patriots are arguably worse on defense. So that argument don't fly. Neither does the schedule argument.

How high did we make it in 2008? I know that if the season ended today we would have home field advantage through the playoffs, but we also have won some nail biters, given up some big yardage and points, and haven't yet passed our 2010 win total.

I enjoy some of the national media attention, but I we still have a ways to go to earn the real respect. Getting to the bye week at 5-1 is the next step, which starts to look pretty good with two Miami games and Denver still on the schedule.