We melt like ice

dayman

Let's take a moment to put this in perspective. Raise your hand if you thought we would be at 4-1 at this point. Anyone? Anyone?

I'll be honest. When the season began I didn't think that there would be a way in hell that we could possibly beat the eagles. I thought, best, and I mean best case scenario that we would be 3-2 facing the Giants to make it 3-3. I thought that we may just stand a chance going 4-2 into the bye if everything was perfect. So, now what? We've won four games, including a divisional win I never would have guessed. We are 3-1 in the AFC, 1-0 in the division and I feel good. So let our D bend. They just have to avoid breaking.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is definitely cause for concern. I'm confused as to how people fail to see this. We were lucky to pull that out today. I was cheering like the rest of you but that wasn't exactly a confidence inspiring win. I hope we come out next week and play tough...I'd like to see fitzy regain some form, he was having trouble with the blitzes today...rambleramble.

That said, my mood is happy and we're 4-1! Woot.

Go Bills!

no kidding, it's a joke really. maybe the worst 4th quarter i've seen offensively and defensively in years. and the homer crowd is SERIOUSLY pumping their chest and saying "i told you so"? are you serious? it's as if gailey's gameplan was "let the eagles win" and the players almost executed it to perfection. it's an absolute shock we won that game. sure i'm excited we're 4-1, but i barely take this team seriously.

I am worried about our second half play these last two weeks, especially after how spectacular we were in weeks two and three. But our D came up with the big turnover at the crucial moment. That's what winning teams do!

I'm thinking that it has more to do with being way too conservative, and having a bunker mentality when playing with a lead. I put that more on Gailey.

That being said, I think that it is easily correctable.

No mercy for 60 minutes.

no kidding, it's a joke really. maybe the worst 4th quarter i've seen offensively and defensively in years. and the homer crowd is SERIOUSLY pumping their chest and saying "i told you so"? are you serious? it's as if gailey's gameplan was "let the eagles win" and the players almost executed it to perfection. it's an absolute shock we won that game. sure i'm excited we're 4-1, but i barely take this team seriously.

buffalobills.com has a great message board. You should head over there.

cool. i want you to refute anything i said. they outgained the **** out of us, and we were catching INTs off of players' feet. it was ridiculous.

Let it go there's no reason to talk football w/ people that don't want to. We're all Bills fans and we're all happy we won. Let those who basically would be fine reading the paper to find out if we won to themselves...the rest of us will discuss the team which has a truck load of problems at the moment.

The defense was alright, but is still plagued by the big play. Our secondary is still the biggest weakness with at least one receiver each week getting a zillion yards. Need McGee and Williams to get healthy.

I saw more positives today than negatives. The defense did manage to get the iggles in 3rd and long more than a few times, but they just have to get more solid man coverage downfield and the sacks and stops will come.

Let it go there's no reason to talk football w/ people that don't want to. We're all Bills fans and we're all happy we won. Let those who basically would be fine reading the paper to find out if we won to themselves...the rest of us will discuss the team which has a truck load of problems at the moment.

Again, please tell me which team in the league is problem-free. I'm really curious.

This Bills team won. I am happy about that. But turnovers or no turnovers, our defense is simply trash. The offense played not to lose in the second half and the defense played to lose. We still pulled it out, but seriously we are not a good football team right now. We have got to find a way to stop someone at some point or we won't make the playoffs. I know people will probably pour in here and talk about how I'm overly negative and as a Bills fan should be happy we aren't 0-5 but you guys can save your finger strength. I am happy. That said...this defense is utter trash and I was honestly confused about the play calling down the line. How many screens were we going to throw?

Anyway, just had to vent. We tried to give it away but failed. Thank God for that offsides b/c even w/ no time outs that Eagles team may have gotten a TD there. Cinci did came back on us last week, Eagles did the same this week they just shot themselves in the foot.

Look at the whole league. We are a good team and like EVERY SINGLE OTHER TEAM and JUST ABOUT EVERY GAME in the NFL our games are decided by a few key plays.

We made more plays and less mistakes, therefore, we won.

Listen, lay off people who have reasonable criticisms about this team. We are all happy the Bills are 4-1, but the guy makes a good point. In the 2008 year when we started 5-1, there were a bunch of bean-headed people on this wall that said they didnt wanna hear any of the faults of that team. Then when we tanked the last 8 out of 10 games, those idiots were right back on here wanting to join in on the criticism. Any REAL Bills fan knows and agnologes the real problems on this team that need to be fixed before we can seriously contend for the playoffs. OP, I completely agree with you, dont listen to a bunch of jackasses who only want to bash peoples posts just to do it. People like you people need to find a life!!!!!

Look at the whole league. We are a good team and like EVERY SINGLE OTHER TEAM and JUST ABOUT EVERY GAME in the NFL our games are decided by a few key plays.

We made more plays and less mistakes, therefore, we won.

We beat the struggling Eagles who are (as of now) in complete meltdown. We won by 7 after getting 5 turn overs. Last week we melted to an Cinci team who basically had a young child playing QB for the first half. What I'm saying is not that we aren't perfect, but that we are further from perfect than a good team would be. Other teams w/ our record or with good records period are playing better 60 minute football than us right now. That's what I believe. We have problems.

There are none.Exc maybe GB.But does that mean there is something wrong with discussing the weaknesses of your team?

Nothing wrong with it, but there is something wrong if the team is sitting at 4-1, every team in the league has some major weaknesses, and your take on the situation is that this is not a good football team. They are, in fact, in the upper tier of the NFL so far this year. I don't see how anyone can even argue against that.

Let's take a moment to put this in perspective. Raise your hand if you thought we would be at 4-1 at this point. Anyone? Anyone?

I'll be honest. When the season began I didn't think that there would be a way in hell that we could possibly beat the eagles. I thought, best, and I mean best case scenario that we would be 3-2 facing the Giants to make it 3-3. I thought that we may just stand a chance going 4-2 into the bye if everything was perfect. So, now what? We've won four games, including a divisional win I never would have guessed. We are 3-1 in the AFC, 1-0 in the division and I feel good. So let our D bend. They just have to avoid breaking.

0:)

I did!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:14 PM

09/11 @ Kansas City Chiefs A non-Weis coached offense sputters, Buffalo's revamped defense stops their running game, and Fitz puts together some good drives with Jackson a workhorse all day. Bills Win 17 - 10

09/18 Oakland Raiders Raiders never get off the plane, Bills Win 24 - 7

09/25 New England Patriots Tough game start to finish, the crowd is frenzied, the Bills are pumped, avoid late game letdown and squeak out a win at home 27 - 24.

10/02 @ Cincinnati Bengals A sleeper game, but the Bills pull it off with a 17 - 3 win

10/9 Philadelphia Eagles Philly is really good, Vick lights it up and the Bills running game can't get on track for the Bills first loss of the season, 28 - 35.

do i agree that we are a great or very good team....no not at all. i still think it is possible we finish 8-8 or 11-5, but when you have a defense that continually is forcing turnovers you are doing something right. i hate seeing teams carve us up, and it will bite us in the ass most likely more than once this year, but a W is a W regardless of how ugly it is. as in racing if you win by an inch you might as well win by a mile because a win is a win. we are 4-1. enjoy it, we are doing ok. yes play calling was skeptical in the 2nd half, i thought it would be a miracle for us to come out with a W in the 3rd, but it happend and we did it. lets love it for atleast an hour before we remember we live in buffalo and our team is the bills.