What is Chad Kelly (Jim's nephew) hinting at?

Doc

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems like good news, although I can't figure out what it is saying.

Sounds like there IS an owner/ownership group that has surfaced. This

person/group might or might not be good for the Blls in terms of how they

operate from a biz standpoint, but they will keep the team in ole WNY where

they belong.

Not the only good news seems to refer to a stadium issue: new long term

lease with the Stadium Authority and major renovations a la Lambeau Field.

We'll see if my between the line reading is any good in the near future.

This from Paul Peck's twitter account:

@PaulPeck4 NFL Commish tells fans about a possible plan for the Bills after Ralph. No specifics but he says he doesn't think team will leave Buffalo.

That is awesome!

chadwick definitely knew something was coming...

7 minutes ago - by Mark Ludwiczak - Goodell talks to fans about Bills future

NFL Commissioner expressed confidence in the future of the franchise in a conversation with select fans at Ralph Wilson Stadium, according to WKBW-TV. Goodell: "(Owner Ralph Wilson, Jr.) has what he thinks are the right steps for the team. We will obviously work with him and the team to fulfill his wishes. I know he will do, and we are confident we will do, what is in the best interest of this community and the NFL ... I think that's being taken care of." Bills RapidReports

Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis died Saturday at age 82, but the football icon ensured before his passing that his beloved team would remain in the family.

Davis' wife, Carol, and his son, Mark, will retain controlling interest in the team as part of what Raiders chief executive Amy Trask called "a good structure in place."

"The team will remain in the Davis family," Trask told the San Francisco Chronicle on Saturday night. "There is a succession plan in place in that regard."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822f1af5/article/davis-family-will-keep-ownership-of-raiders-executive-says?module=HP11_headline_stack

Read the Goodell thread about Ralph having a succession plan. And it's nice that Davis' wife and child want to run the team and that Davis' wife is his child's mother. Unlike the situation with Ralph.

“I promise you I’ll do everything I can to make sure [a move away from Buffalo] doesn’t happen,” Goodell told the room.

“I hope Mr. Wilson is going to be around for a long time, and he’s been a great owner. He has what he thinks are the right steps for the team, and we will work with him and the team to fulfill his wishes and do what’s in the best interest of this community and the team. It’s being taken care of.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/nfl-will-do-everything-it-can-to-keep-bills-in-buffalo/article2196032/

Not the only good news seems to refer to a stadium issue: new long term

lease with the Stadium Authority and major renovations a la Lambeau Field..

This is what I'm thinking. And maybe the lease agreement contains wording that says the Bills can't be moved. The current lease had some kind of agreement like that with a buyout option after a certain number of years with the amount decreasing towards the end of the agreement.

If Ralph was smart he would've died last year when there was no estate tax. He's always a year or two late with everything. (J/K) ;)