Eagles Rookie RG Watkins making first start this week

Max997

I don't like the matchup of a RG that is an unknown quantity... I can't be happy about this move as it replaces a known weak link with an unknown who could make a positive difference.

We'll see on Sunday...

Watkins was terrible during the pre-season and has been iactive for a few weeks now. Cant say I'm too worried about him.

Edited by Bangarang

Watkins was terrible during the pre-season and has been inscribe for a few weeks now. Cant say I'm too worried about him.

Everyone thought our offensive linemen were terrible during the preseason, also. And, for the most part, they were. So let's wait and see.

Everyone thought our offensive linemen were terrible during the preseason, also. And, for the most part, they were. So let's wait and see.

A rookie RG who had a limited and forgettable off season and pre-season who has been inactive for the past few games? If we can't take advantage of that and send a lot of big angry guys his way then we have issues. The Eagles offensive line has been man handled for much of this season. If we don't blitz or put any pressure on Vick then our coordinators aren't doing their job. If you give DeSean Jackson all day to run routes and get open because we're not forcing Vick to get rid of the ball early then it's going to be a long day for us.

Eagles Rookie RG Watkins making first start this week vs Bills.

He was thought of as a guy that could start from day 1 but struggled in preseason and lost the job to a guy that was cut by the Colts

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Report-Watkins-to-Start-This-Week.html

Through the first couple weeks in the season, it was made known that Vick can't handle the blitz...seems as though this should be an easy week for defensive game planning....as was last week...FAIL...I just hope Edwards pulls his head out of his arse and takes the handcuffs off of our D.

EXACTLY... and I don't care if he was inactive or not, big deal. To me, he's on an NFL roster and that should count for something.

Eagles o-line has struggled so far this season especially the interior and now starting a rookie who hasnt seen the field yet plus a backup LT...if Bills cant get pressure this week they never will

Edited by Max997

Watkins was terrible during the pre-season and has been iactive for a few weeks now. Cant say I'm too worried about him.

Watkins should be the Bills focal point in strategizing in getting penetration and getting to Vick. But the Bills never Blitz!!!

Watkins should be the Bills focal point in strategizing in getting penetration and getting to Vick. But the Bills never Blitz!!!

You can't leave our corners by themselves out there... pure madness. Blitzing would expose them and our defense to touchdown-making plays. Think CONTAINMENT.

Edited by BmoreBills

"DeVan had a tough time in the San Francisco loss. Among the lowlights of that game was DeVan tripping and falling into the hole Ronnie Brown was supposed to hit on the infamous "run-pass option" that ended up being a senseless giveaway""

I hope they practice this play untill they get it down. "...do I flop on my stomach or my back,,,, geesh I forget...."