McGee and Williams

McKelvin is bad......scary bad! Not a very smart football player (see New England 2008). We just don't have any options right now.

When I was in pop warner, they would have every kid practice every position. The VERY FIRST THING they taught us during DB drills was to look back for the ball when the WR does. McKelvin aparently thinks you need to spin in a circle. Seriously, he shoulda had 2 or 3 easy picks if he could just look for the ball. He has gotten som PI calls because of that too. He was decently in position, but those balls were bad throws and should have been easy picks. Turning your head back to the ball is just not that hard. I have to wonder what our DB coach is doing, it should be second nature for the guy. Either way the guy is a 4 year vet and cant do it? Maybe the ship has sailed, bring back Greer...

Edited by Thoner7

When I was in pop warner, they would have every kid practice every position. The VERY FIRST THING they taught us during DB drills was to look back for the ball when the WR does. McKelvin aparently thinks you need to spin in a circle. Seriously, he shoulda had 2 or 3 easy picks if he could just look for the ball. He has gotten som PI calls because of that too. He was decently in position, but those balls were bad throws and should have been easy picks. Turning your head back to the ball is just not that hard. I have to wonder what our DB coach is doing, it should be second nature for the guy. Either way the guy is a 4 year vet and cant do it? Maybe the ship has sailed, bring back Greer...

Really, he was ugly bad. He makes a few of those stops and we win the game.

McKelvin is bad......scary bad! Not a very smart football player (see New England 2008). We just don't have any options right now.

McKelvin made some good plays as well, I recall one in the endzone where he stoped a TD. He reminds me of James Williams of a decade or two back...lasted 5-6 years, great physical specimen, fast etc, but couldn't make the plays. McKelvin is better than he was....certainly has the speed/tools, just needs to learn the techniques as stated here by others. He could be all world if he did that. Of course, that guy Greene is incredible, and nobody in the league will shut him down totally. I am not as negative on McKelvin as some of you here, he is still a player in my view. Neither McGee or Florence could run with Greene, McKelvin could!

McKelvin made some good plays as well, I recall one in the endzone where he stoped a TD. He reminds me of James Williams of a decade or two back...lasted 5-6 years, great physical specimen, fast etc, but couldn't make the plays. McKelvin is better than he was....certainly has the speed/tools, just needs to learn the techniques as stated here by others. He could be all world if he did that. Of course, that guy Greene is incredible, and nobody in the league will shut him down totally. I am not as negative on McKelvin as some of you here, he is still a player in my view. Neither McGee or Florence could run with Greene, McKelvin could!

There has been a J.D. Williams reference made here! :w00t:

Takes me back...

Edited by BmoreBills

McGee is a solid CB when healthy but is too often injured and can't be relied upon any longer.

McKelvin is simply an average NFL CB playing no where near his 1st round status. The guy is always a 1/2 step behind in coverage.

Don't know much about Williams. The only play I've seen of him was getting burned for a TD by at TE on the Patriots.

McKelvin is woefully inconsistent. During the NE game last week he seemed very good. This week, not so much. I don't think it is inexperience since it his 3rd or 4th year, but a lack of mentally preparation for each game. Maybe I am being too nice and should declare the kid just a complete moron with great athletic ability?

:cry:

McGee has an outside chance of returning this weekend. He was doing positional drills towards the middle of last week.

Williams I don't know. Probably a few more weeks.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Williams until after the bye week, make sure he's 100%