Wade Philips

I know it would have never happened because of how Ralph holds a grudge forever (Lou Saban) but I wish we really we would have brought Wade back to run a real 34 defense because this hybrib thing is not working. I was opposed to this last year when Chan said they would run it but I warmed up to it thinking that multiple fronts would be more confussing. However it as I thought it would be, 34 guys don't work in a 43 or vice versa. This crap of Merriman playing like a 43 end is not his strength nor Kelsay in coverage along with putting moats in the middle again until last week was another misuse of talent. If Wade was here our D would tearing it up just like it is in houston, and when he was in Dallas, San Diego, Atlanta, Buffalo and so on. He knows how to run a 34 unlike our 43 coaches who "run" a 34 but really want to run a 43. Chan needs to make up his mind on what D we our because this hybrid doesn't work and never will, its like trying to be smash mouth and spread at the same time not going to work.

Sack attack

"The Wade Phillips’-led defense accounted for five sacks on Sunday, bringing down Ben Roethlisberger three times in the final quarter."

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/Postgame-notebook-Sack-attack-Joseph-shines/07be1fd8-833d-401a-b571-3f8511e8fda0

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

It's pretty silly to think that a man that was fired and had to sue his former employer for breach of contract would ever consider going back to work for him. In other words, It's not because of Ralph's grudge-holding ability, rather Wade would probably wouldn't be caught dead working for Ralph again.

Give it up.

I'm sure having a #1 pick DE and going against a terrible oline in the Steelers helped the Texans. They got light up by the Saints the previous week and Dallas had one of the worst defenses in the league last year.

The league hates defense. It is nearly impossible to play defensive back and any aggression in tackling is a penalty. As bad as the Bills defense has looked, the league is filled with them. And it will remain that way until the league changes some rules.