Anyone see the bandage/splint on Fitz's finger?

cale

It was on his throwing hand and I think his 3rd or ring finger. I don't think he's the world's most accurate QB - but maybe that's why some of his throws today were sailing way above the heads of receivers.

Looking at the stats the things that jump out at me are Chandler having 8 yards receiving and David Nelson having 18 yards receiving and Jackson having 66 yards rushing. Benson and Green going over 100 yards doesn't help matters any

It was on his throwing hand and I think his 3rd or ring finger. I don't think he's the world's most accurate QB - but maybe that's why some of his throws today were sailing way above the heads of receivers.

Cr*p, no I didn't. Did he start the game with it or was it an in-game injury? I hope not something long term.

The line didn't do a horrible job today, but he def. had less time to set and throw and was throwing under more pressure.

I did NOT like our play calling today.

The bandage was on fairly early in the game. Made me think he may have come into the game with it. I guess it could have happened early on.

I thought he was hit late at least once in the first half.

C

• 1 month later...

I noticed this bandage was still on against the Skins. Does anyone know whats going on with his finger?

No, but he's not been on any injury report and it certainly didn't seem to affect him vs. Washington. Don't see why we'd worry about it.

Does anyone know whats going on with his finger?

last i heard he was using it to test the temperature of his bath water, but that was a good five minutes ago. it might be engaged in a shampooing and/or loofahing effort at the moment.

Edited by Dirtbag

I've had a theory about Fitz dating back to preseason. At some point he hurt his finger (some say he hit it on someones helmet and I think this may have happened in the preseason) and he's been playing with the minor injury throughout the season. It would explain why his deep throws have been way off. I want to say it was a few weeks ago (maybe the game before the bye) where they showed him on the sidelines RIGHT after a series and he was definitely wincing in pain and moving his hand around.

I'm not saying the guy could always throw the deep ball with perfection but he was more accurate with it last year.

And I don't think there's a chance he would not play because of a finger injury.

JoeB_WGR Joe Buscaglia

#Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick has been "limited" the past 2 days, but head coach Chan Gailey, Fitzpatrick and trainers all think he'll play.

I think he's more limited due to the shot he took to the ribs than by anything going on with a smelly finger.

With all the talk of Fitz not being an accurate passer, he is completing 68% of his throws so far this season.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/team-statistics.html