Bills have now advanced the state of the art offense

Scrappy

Link to article

Picture of Bills stack

Unlike previous “natural” picks, which depend on exact timing of receivers’ routes, in the Bills’ stacking formation the first receiver can more easily set a pick because the receiver directly behind him is running a following route — at least until the pick is set and the second man veers off, away from the blocked-out defenders. Ironically, this is the formation that the Bills used to beat Belichick’s Pats last Sunday, 34-31.

There's been a lot of discussion about this, with the WSJ article too - but honestly going back and looking at the games they do not really use this formation much. To me much ado about very little

There's been a lot of discussion about this, with the WSJ article too - but honestly going back and looking at the games they do not really use this formation much. To me much ado about very little

Exactly.

But, at some point in the recent past, 9 out of 10 posters on this board collectively decided they must include hyperbole in every post they scratch out. It's getting annoying, honestly.

awesome article. I think you have to have a pretty saavy QB to understand and be able to know how to exploit all those routes.

I do disagree with some of the article, they make an assumption that this formation somehow disguises a lack of talent at the receiver position on the Bills, just because the Bills WR's don't have all the pedigrees there are plenty of one on one situations where our no-names are smoking defensive backs with speed and individual efforts. Not that route-running wouldn't be a premium in this type of offense - it would be.

I am loving this passing attack as much as everyone else......but there is gonna come a point when we are going to have to run the ball and get tough yards.....

lets hope we can keep that running game going

A good sign is that on a lot of 2nd or 3rd and short, the interior of the o-line was able to push the defense back 2-3 yards and let Fritz just put his head down an forge ahead. We didn't see that under Jaroun.

A good sign is that on a lot of 2nd or 3rd and short, the interior of the o-line was able to push the defense back 2-3 yards and let Fritz just put his head down an forge ahead. We didn't see that under Jaroun.

We are getting a nice mix of run and pass right now no doubt......I am just thinking there is going to come a time when we will face a defense with shut down corners...and they will make us go one dimensional to win the game....

Jackson will do his part...Spiller will need to step up as well

We are getting a nice mix of run and pass right now no doubt......I am just thinking there is going to come a time when we will face a defense with shut down corners...and they will make us go one dimensional to win the game....

Jackson will do his part...Spiller will need to step up as well

No team has four shutdown corners. One of our most effective players is Dnelson, who the opponent's #3 CB or safety has to cover. Our #4 WR is often Spiller or Jackson or Brad Smith, which causes problems. As long as Chandler is still a threat and effective in the middle of the field, it's going to be hard to stop us. I don't even think that Chan has used 1/5th of what he wants to do yet.

With everyone producing, the line blocking, Freddy and CJ running well, the Wildcat effective when it needs to be, and the Bills able to throw 25 -30 yard passes and complete them like we did last week, it's not a matter of teams catching up to the scheme. It's a scheme that can go and go and go. There are five options in the pass game, and the run game is effective.

That is not to say that we are going to keep scoring 30+ points every game. But this is not a gimmick offense in any way. It's a very solid concept being executed very well by a uniquely talented QB and 7-8 versatile, different skilled playmakers.