Playing With the Simulator

Astrobot

1 18 Buffalo Brandon Thompson DT Clemson--best DT prospect in the draft, space-eater

2 50 Buffalo Mike Adams OT Ohio State---First Rounder drops to here due to suspension

3 82 Buffalo Shaun Prater CB Iowa---68 tkl, 4 INTs, 6 PBU's and a fumble recovery.

4 114 Buffalo Isaiah Pead RB Cincinnati---ran for 1,029 yd, 6 TD's, an East-best 6.6 ypc

4 121 Buffalo Jon. Massaquoi OLB34 Troy---DraftScout Rated #3 out of 168 OLB's

5 146 Buffalo Kellen Moore QB Boise State---Bills need a better backup, with Elway in him

6 178 Buffalo Anthony Miller TE California---

7 210 Buffalo Mychal Kendricks ILB California

I like the 1st two picks and Kellen Moore!

I confess I've watched all of Moore's games over the last 3 years and have a son in Boise. However, with Fitz being the franchise, we don't have much behind him. Moore is a winner who would be able to step in and save season.

I have a feeling the Bills will be picking lower than #18, but my biggest fear is that it will need to be a CB.

picking a rb in r4 makes no sense. jackson, spiller and white are the 3 backs. not gonna give up on white as the #3 after 1 year.

we also have a late pick from SEA va the Lynch trade.

Agree, RB is the one position we shouldn't draft. I think round 4 would be a good place to pick a WR to replace Parrish.

Agree, RB is the one position we shouldn't draft. I think round 4 would be a good place to pick a WR to replace Parrish.

This could depend on Easley's status as well... and if Namaan can entrench himself this year. I thought he was good last year, but obviously that wasn't enough to originally make the squad. He and Fitz seemed to have good chemistry as well. We'll see how the year plays out for him.

I also like the Kellen Moore pick. Admittedly I've been on Boise's bandwagon for a number of years and love what that program has done. That said, Moore is short and has a 3/4 release which I could see being a problem at the next level, BUT... he's a winner and he's deadly accurate. He seems like he has that IT factor about him. That seems to prove time and again more important than the big frame/strong arm/etc. I'd like to see how Chan could develop him.

Edited by Cotton Fitzsimmons

This could depend on Easley's status as well... and if Namaan can entrench himself this year. I thought he was good last year, but obviously that wasn't enough to originally make the squad. He and Fitz seemed to have good chemistry as well. We'll see how the year plays out for him.

MY OLE, I also wouldn't be surprised to see Kamar Aiken on the roster next year. Big and athletic with seemingly a lot of upside.

I think we need to try to find an edge rushing OLB this offseason more than anything else, for obvious reasons.

That said Astro, it makes sense that you have us taking a CB early. McGee hardly counts anymore, McKelvin is unreliable, Florence I believe will have 2 years left on his deal. This defense would get significantly better with a true #1 corner that we can be comfortable matching up with our opponents' top receiver. I like Aaron Williams' potential but we can virtually double our odds of finding that guy by adding another highly-rated prospect.

I also would like to add a TE in the first 4 rounds if we can. We're seeing all over the league, perhaps moreso than ever, the matchup problems a big fast TE creates for a defense. David Martin was just cut. Chandler looks solid but we are paper-thin behind him. Gailey likes to spread the field with his receivers but adding another threat in the passing game at TE can still add another element to the offense.

Edited by Big Bad Boone

1. CB Morris Claiborne 6'0" 178 LSU

2. ILB Don'ta Hightower 6'4" 258 Alabama

3. NT Kwame Geathers 6'5" 348 Georgia

4. OLB Andre Branch 6'4" 258 Clemson

4. QB Kirk Cousins 6'3" 205 Michigan St.

5. OLB Ronnell Lewis 6'2" 237 Oklhoma (Yeah he's lightweight but he can play)

6. ROT Ryan Miller 6'8" 312 Colorado

7. CB Brandon Hardin 6'2" 215 Oregon State

Yeah its Defense again but our D has been giving up way too many points and our No- name offense is rolling. Like Cousins better because of size and makes clutch throws and Moore is a gamer but his size and arm are to much to overcome.

A few things wrong with this:

1st... The Bills are going to pick at #32... that is a given.

2nd... Kellen Moore is not going to drop to the 5th round. Andy Dalton went at the top of the 2nd and I don't see Moore as that big a drop off.

3rd... Mike Adams will not drop to pick #50. Getting a free tatoo will not make him drop in any GM's book.

1. CB Morris Claiborne 6'0" 178 LSU

2. ILB Don'ta Hightower 6'4" 258 Alabama

3. NT Kwame Geathers 6'5" 348 Georgia

4. OLB Andre Branch 6'4" 258 Clemson

4. QB Kirk Cousins 6'3" 205 Michigan St.

5. OLB Ronnell Lewis 6'2" 237 Oklhoma (Yeah he's lightweight but he can play)

6. ROT Ryan Miller 6'8" 312 Colorado

7. CB Brandon Hardin 6'2" 215 Oregon State

Yeah its Defense again but our D has been giving up way too many points and our No- name offense is rolling. Like Cousins better because of size and makes clutch throws and Moore is a gamer but his size and arm are to much to overcome.

love the Hightower pick, put him back with Dareus. After the last couple of years I am all for drafting as many people as you can from Alabama the new U as far as talent goes.

Moore, Cousins, or the guy from Wisconsin, any would be good picks to learn as backups and get their chance in a few years. Moore, especially, almost looks like a clone of Fitz but with a little less arm strength but more accuracy.

Edited by CSBill

I think we need to try to find an edge rushing OLB this offseason more than anything else, for obvious reasons

I also would like to add a TE in the first 4 rounds if we can. We're seeing all over the league, perhaps moreso than ever, the matchup problems a big fast TE creates for a defense. David Martin was just cut. Chandler looks solid but we are paper-thin behind him. Gailey likes to spread the field with his receivers but adding another threat in the passing game at TE can still add another element to the offense.

The Bills are approaching the point of being able to draft the best player available regardless of position.

However I agree with BBB… pass rusher.

Once Merriman heals up and gets that big harness of his right shoulder, I think he'll be more effective but ideally we would still want another pass rusher.

BTW, here's the Bills new tight end… the guy they kept instead of David Martin.

http://www.rotoworld.../6665/lee-smith

The Bills continue to get bigger and bigger… they're huge now with this signing and the recent signing of OT Sam Young (6'8" 322) and last year's signing of Colin Brown (6'7" 328).

http://www.rotoworld.../5704/sam-young

http://www.rotoworld...362/colin-brown

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

can say that again, would like Courtney Upshaw too but he will be gone by the second.

No offense to Sheppard but I liked Mason Foster last year a LOT! and he is proving me right in Tampa.

If they get Hightower in 2012 that will make up for missing out on Foster.

1 18 Buffalo Brandon Thompson DT Clemson--best DT prospect in the draft, space-eater

2 50 Buffalo Mike Adams OT Ohio State---First Rounder drops to here due to suspension

3 82 Buffalo Shaun Prater CB Iowa---68 tkl, 4 INTs, 6 PBU's and a fumble recovery.

4 114 Buffalo Isaiah Pead RB Cincinnati---ran for 1,029 yd, 6 TD's, an East-best 6.6 ypc

4 121 Buffalo Jon. Massaquoi OLB34 Troy---DraftScout Rated #3 out of 168 OLB's

5 146 Buffalo Kellen Moore QB Boise State---Bills need a better backup, with Elway in him

6 178 Buffalo Anthony Miller TE California---

7 210 Buffalo Mychal Kendricks ILB California

You need mor eguys from the SEC and the south in that mock.

Buddy and Chan like southern players.

Pick high teens - mid 20s.

1st Round : Vinny Curry - DE/OLB - Marshall 6'4 - 250

2nd Round : Cliff Harris - CB - Oregon 5'11 180

3rd Round : Kevin Zeitler - OG - Wisconsin 6'4 315

4th Round : T.Y. Hilton - WR - Florida International 5'10 180

4th Round : BAL : Matt McCants - OT - UAB 6'7 - 295

5th Round : Ladarius Green - TE - Louisiana-Lafayette 6'6 - 230

6th Round : SEA : Charles Brown - CB - North Carolina 5'10 - 205

6th Round : Russell Wilson - QB - Wisconsin 5'11 - 210

7th Round : Nathan Williams - DE/OLB - Ohio State 6'3 - 250

How do you beat NE???

Get after Brady dont give him all day. We have little pass rush. Lights Out hasn't been getting to the QB and we have little at the spot. So here comes Vinny Curry.

Have some ability to cover Wes Welker. Just a bit, if he gets 8 rec. 90 yards and a TD call it a good game. Face it you can't stop Brady to Welker but if you can hold him down just a bit you have a chance in the game. Cliff Harris is very fast and agile and has the pure talent to cover Welker in the slot.

Urbik meh, Rinehart meh. The Badgers RG Zeitler has 22 starts, the most among Wisconsin's linemen. Has helped pave the way for Montee Ball and James White.

Bye bye Rocsoce. Love ya but your getting old and injury prone. Hilton is an electric playmaker. SJ13, DJ, Nelson + Hilton in 4 WR sets = I like.

Bell has played nice but we have nothing behind him. McCants is a 3 yr starter at LT for UAB and is a good athlete. Would add some strength & weight in and NFL program.

Scott has played well but there is nothing behind him. Green is a receiver that presents mismatches to exploit a defense. Needs to ber a better run block. He has the frame to add 10 or so pounds in the NFL.

Nix said you always should grab a DB in the draft and we know why, they get hurt. McGee might be done in B-Lo, McLovin who knows, D-Flo is up in age, Williams nice prospect, Corner blows, Rogers could be a nice nickle DB. Plus we get another Tar Heel.

Worth a shot for a QB late in Wilson. Thigpen looked like crap in the preseason so who knows about the #2 QB spot.

Nathan had knee surgery who knows if he'll play this year. I thought he'd break out for the Buckeyes this year as the Joker LB that gets after the QB.

Based on the season so far, I'd say our biggest needs are a better pass rush, OL depth, DB depth, and WR depth. I'm favoring a draft order that looks something like this...

DE or OLB, Round 1:

Brandon Jenkins, Florida State

Bruce Irvin, West Virginia

Zach Brown, North Carolina

Courtney Upshaw, Alabama

OL, Round 2:

Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State

Mike Adams, Ohio State

Bobby Massie, Ole Miss

Ricky Wagner, Wisconsin

CB, Round 3:

Donnie Fletcher, Boston College

Leonard Johnson, Iowa State

WR, Roound 4:

BJ Cunningham, Michigan State

Juron Criner, Arizona

One deviation that I would seriously consider is ILBs Luke Kuechly (Boston College) or Manti Teo (Notre Dame) in Round 1, if they somehow dropped to us.

Based on the season so far, I'd say our biggest needs are a better pass rush, OL depth, DB depth, and WR depth. I'm favoring a draft order that looks something like this...

DE or OLB, Round 1:

Brandon Jenkins, Florida State

Bruce Irvin, West Virginia

Zach Brown, North Carolina

Courtney Upshaw, Alabama

OL, Round 2:

Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State

Mike Adams, Ohio State

Bobby Massie, Ole Miss

Ricky Wagner, Wisconsin

CB, Round 3:

Donnie Fletcher, Boston College

Leonard Johnson, Iowa State

WR, Roound 4:

BJ Cunningham, Michigan State

Juron Criner, Arizona

One deviation that I would seriously consider is ILBs Luke Kuechly (Boston College) or Manti Teo (Notre Dame) in Round 1, if they somehow dropped to us.

Been rooting for Kuechly but he SO reminds me of Poz it's not even funny. Upshaw and Hightower are the way to go at ILB.