Have you noticed?

Dr. Trooth

Bills are ranked 26th on defense. Bengals are rated 3rd on defense. Bills rank 3rd on offense and the Bengals 26th on offense. Me thinks this game is going to be tougher than most of the fans think.

Also... Barnett leads the Bills in tackles. However, after that, the next 5 players with the most tackles are DBs. You've got to go all the way down to seven to find a DL (Darius) ranked seven on the Bills with 7 tackles. Seems to me the front seven had better kick it up a couple of notches. They are putting almost zero pressure on the opposing QBs (save for KC). We may be 3-0, compliments of the offense, thank Fitz and the gang for that, but the D needs to start showing up.

Stats often lie. The Bills run defense has been very good to excellent, and it's ranked 26th. A bunch of those yards came on 3-4 reverses that gained 20 yards a pop. The pass defense has been abused, and it's leading the league in INTs. Two games were shootouts. The Chiefs and Raiders have great run offenses and we stopped them both. The Patriots have the best pass offense in the game (arguably, with Green Bay) and we gave up a ton of yards and points but we got four INTs, scored on one of them, and it led to 24 offensive points. Our defense, to me, has played fine.

I can't wait to see those juggernaut offenses from SF, Denver, and Cleveland start lighting up the scoreboards around the league now that they've gotten past the Bengals.

The only way the BILLS lose this week is if they don't prepare and then play down to Cincinnati's level - basically beating themselves. The Bengals are one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL.

The Clowns are 2-1 so evidently they know how to score enough 67% of the time.

You get to be 2-1 when you play 3 of the worst teams in the AFC to start your season. I guess the Colts and Dolphins have top notch defenses too, since the stats the Browns put up against them are remarkably similar to the game with the Bengals.

Averaging 200 yards passing and 100 yards rushing a week means a record of about 4-12 when the season is over.

Stats often lie. The Bills run defense has been very good to excellent, and it's ranked 26th. A bunch of those yards came on 3-4 reverses that gained 20 yards a pop. The pass defense has been abused, and it's leading the league in INTs. Two games were shootouts. The Chiefs and Raiders have great run offenses and we stopped them both. The Patriots have the best pass offense in the game (arguably, with Green Bay) and we gave up a ton of yards and points but we got four INTs, scored on one of them, and it led to 24 offensive points. Our defense, to me, has played fine.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."

Couldn't agree more.

The Bills holding all 3 of those teams to 110-130 yards on the ground apiece is a tremendous stat. (Holding KC to it won't look that impressive by the end of the year with their RB out for 14 games but it was impressive as well.)

I also think that the yardage and points put up against Oakland will look a lot more impressive by the time the season is done.

If the Bills win this Sunday, and I expect them to win, I'm revising my prediction from 6-10 to 10-6 at a minimum. I'm really looking forward to this game to see how Chan gets them to prepare for a game they SHOULD win. I'm expecting him and the team to pass the test.

These guys were entertaining to watch last year, now they're winning and entertaining. It's a good combination. If they can stay healthy that should continue.