WOW!!!!!!!!!!!- STADIUM QU

packfntk

Congrats again guys! I guess I will continue to do this week in, week out! Maybe it will bring a little luck! Awesome win. The Ralph looked like it was rocking yesterday. Keep it up!

It was rocking. That was the loudest game I have ever attended.

Even after the game. Right at the end of the game, My wife and I where headed back to Hammer's lot and where walking in the handicap lot at the Ralph, and the noise coming from the stadium was still very loud. Sort of like the good old days.

It was very loud. But for me, the loudest game I ever remember attending was the Dallas MNF game a few years back. That stadium rocked from the kickoff until the final whistle.

I was on the field during pregame of that one... I still get chills thinking of how much energy was in the stadium that night. I can imagine that this one was close.

So is the Ralph loud on a regular basis? We travel to at least 1 stadium a year to support the Pack, and I love seeing what other fans bring to the table. Anyone been to other stadiums? I have been to:

Lambeau (Of course)

Arrowhead

LP Field

Heinz Field

Soldier Field

Lucas Oil

Metrodome

Georgia Dome

How does it compare to any of these if you have been?

So is the Ralph loud on a regular basis? We travel to at least 1 stadium a year to support the Pack, and I love seeing what other fans bring to the table. Anyone been to other stadiums? I have been to:

Lambeau (Of course)

Arrowhead

LP Field

Heinz Field

Soldier Field

Lucas Oil

Metrodome

Georgia Dome

I was at the Bengals stadium last year... talk about fair weather fans... they were cheering for the Bills by the end of the 3rd. Not that loud before then either... nothing like the Ralph

Lambeau (Of course)

Arrowhead

LP Field

Heinz Field

Soldier Field

Lucas Oil

Metrodome

Georgia Dome

Soldier Field was extremely loud the one time I visited. Of course it was a Dead concert, and I had kaleidescope eyes.

The NE game was the loudest in a while, but the late 80's early 90's were as loud on a consistant basis. We still have a "young" fanbase that needs to learn on the fly to go along with all the old coots.

The NE game WAS the most emotional since the Houston comeback. Everyone in our section was hugging or had an arm around someone at the end of the game....and everyone was a friend. That's the coolest thing about this is you really see what makes Buffalo such a great city. You come to a realisation you aren't there for the Bills....you are there because you are a Buffalonian. Young, old, black, white, guy, girl.....didn't matter....everyone sort of had an emotional release together.

I was also impressed how classy the Bills fans were. There were plenty of Pats fans around, and from what I can tell....it was mutual respect all the way for the most part. That is one thing I don't miss. When you know your team is good, some people take on a cocky attitude and you see more ignorance, fights, etc. It used to happen back in the 90's and you could even see it in the Sabres fans a bit in '07. The other day you saw the best in Buffalo come out. If the wins keep coming, I hope everyone keeps as level as the players have, because the other day alone was worth shoveling 120 inches of snow the next 3 winters.

I've been to Soldier Field and the old Indianapolis Dome (before Lucas Oil field), and neither one was anywhere close to the Ralph in terms of noise. But then again, I went to a Bears-Packers game where the Bears got spanked, and the Bills-Colts game I went to was in the early 90s when the Colts crapped the bed. So no surprise it was not loud in either place.

Edit: the only other stadium I've watched the Bills at was in Madison for a Packers-Bills preseason game in the early 90s. It was an odd experience. The place was packed, and the fans were seriously into the game, even though it was a meaningless preseason game. When Kelly was hit going out of bounds and was shaken up, the place was roaring with approval, as though it made any difference. Those were some hard-core fans.

Edited by Rubes

On the stadiums.....

NY Jets....gritty fans and tailgate, but all in fun. Not as loud on a whole, but they are smart fans and really get into it when it matters.

Indy...not much chance to tailgate. Pretty sterile environment but this was the old stadium. Even with Manning/Harrison/James could scalp a 50yd line seat for under face

Jacksonville....nice people and neat location near the water. Not very loud.

Tampa....fun stadium and good fans when the team is good. They really seem to amp up for the big plays and it can be a scary place to play if Tampa has the momentum. Beautiful stadium and lots of options in and out.

Miami...no tailgate, but they are underrated as fans. If things are going well it can get almost as crazy as the Ralph in there. Florida has a big college football rivalry, so you have fans that know football and how to whoop it up.

Atlanta...worst stadium by far. You feel like you are at convention center or something. No tailgate...crappy stadium...and if the team isn't good you can carry on a conversation with someone 2 rows away most of the game.

Atlanta...worst stadium by far. You feel like you are at convention center or something. No tailgate...crappy stadium...and if the team isn't good you can carry on a conversation with someone 2 rows away most of the game.

We went to ATL last year. It was loud but they were strong last year. People didn't show up until late in the 2nd quarter, and I just don't like Dome Football.

Tailgating was odd. We paid $60 to park is some gravel lot. We love to tailgate and do everywhere we go. It was MUCH different from what we are used to. Old school rap playing everywhere. 2pac mostly, which I used to love, and it was all right to hear it again, but shocking that I heard nothing but that almost the entire time. Just a different atmosphere. We were treated all right.

We went to ATL last year. It was loud but they were strong last year. People didn't show up until late in the 2nd quarter, and I just don't like Dome Football.

Tailgating was odd. We paid $60 to park is some gravel lot. We love to tailgate and do everywhere we go. It was MUCH different from what we are used to. Old school rap playing everywhere. 2pac mostly, which I used to love, and it was all right to hear it again, but shocking that I heard nothing but that almost the entire time. Just a different atmosphere. We were treated all right.

The move is to party at a bar and take the $3 train ride into the stadium.

I will give the dome props for one thing.....all you can eat peanuts at a few vending stands, or at least all you can carry away with you.

Ones i have been to that are still around

Baltimore..no tailgating for the most part..but the place rocks and gets very loud.Good crowd, lots of verbal assaults if you are in Bills gear, but all in fun.

DC. The old place rocked much more..Fedex is so expensive most o the lower bowl filled with corporate and or visting fans. Not much atmosphere at that place..they lost the homefield advantage they had at RFK

Gillette..Been a few times, and I always like it..but it too is getting sterile. Nothing like Schafer Staduim. Still gets loud, but it's the loud of a seasoned winner..kinda like Rich in 96,97 etc.Not quite the gutteral noise of when you have been down and are just starting to win again

Old Giants Staduim..(have not been to the new joint) It was good, and fun, Jets fans were great..but never very loud the times I was there.

Going to MetLife to see the NYG/Bills game 10/16. My 1st road game and I can't wait to sing the Shout song every time we score. Only problem is my wife is a huge Giants fan and I'm going only b/c of her so I might tone it down.

I want to go to Cincy soooooo bad this Sunday but I don't have a ton of cash right now.

Lambeau (Of course)

Arrowhead

LP Field

Heinz Field

Soldier Field

Lucas Oil

Metrodome

Georgia Dome

Buffalo's louder than Lambeau, or at least was when I was there. Then again, it was also the coldest and windiest game that Favre ever played in and ended in a 10-3 final I believe.... :)

The Metrodome is louder than both, but that's because they clearly pipe in music into the dome and amplify the noise that's there. It can be deafening, but you look around and nobody is yelling. Lame.

Haven't been to any other stadiums.

Lambeau (Of course)

Arrowhead

LP Field

Heinz Field

Soldier Field

Lucas Oil

Metrodome

Georgia Dome

I saw the Bills at Lambeau for a pre-season game in 2009. It was sold out, for a PRE SEASON GAME!! I don't know if it was louder than the Ralph, but you can't beat that enthusiasm.