The Lee Evans Curse lifted?

Acantha

Tried to search for this since I'd guess it's been brought up, but there's a lot of posts about Evans.

Evidence:

In 2003 we split with the pats*

In 2004 we drafted Lee Evans

From 2004 - 2010 we lose every game to the pats*

Lee Evans is traded in 2011

Curse lifted

Either that's one serious unlucky streak, or Evans was traded after being caught sending practice tapes to old Billy boy.

:devil:

I was going to blast this thread and it's certainly a 'bit much', but there is a deeper point in there. The players who aren't willing to sell themselves out to win are gone.

Whitner was willing to talk a big game, but he never followed it up. He played his game, but he never went outside of it.

Lee was the same way, great guy, fast and good talent, but could not 'break out' of his game.

I think we're seeing 'more complete' players versus guys who do 'one' thing like 'have a great first step' brought in...it's a lot like the what the Patriots do..

I was going to blast this thread and it's certainly a 'bit much', but there is a deeper point in there. The players who aren't willing to sell themselves out to win are gone.

Whitner was willing to talk a big game, but he never followed it up. He played his game, but he never went outside of it.

Lee was the same way, great guy, fast and good talent, but could not 'break out' of his game.

I think we're seeing 'more complete' players versus guys who do 'one' thing like 'have a great first step' brought in...it's a lot like the what the Patriots do..

You hit the nail on the head. Chanix have built a team around guys that are passionate about winning and all about the team... Freddie, Fitz, Nelson, Johnson, Williams, and and and.... they leave it all on the field.

Don't forget Pos.

:thumbsup: WHAT HE SAID! Add Poz and Stroud to that list of good guys who just didn't have what it took out on the field to win games and were apparently satisfied with losing. That is the biggest change ... these new Bills believe they will win and I think they are not going to be satisfied with anything less.

more complete like when donald jones let the ball go through his hands causing an int???, i remember evans being the sole difference in alot of wins throughout the years. why cant people accept that evans played hard but had a terrible coach and qb for almost his entire career?

this line of thinking is without logic and totally retarded

Edited by loserlovers

Check out who has a great first step

more complete like when donald jones let the ball go through his hands causing an int???, i remember evans being the sole difference in alot of wins throughout the years. why cant people accept that evans played hard but had a terrible coach and qb for almost his entire career?

If you're going to take a shot at Donald Jones, today, you're on the wrong side of the argument.

uhh...what? Are you implying that Lee Evans is a bad player? I didn't say that. I said he was not versatile. Do you feel Lee Evans is known for going over the middle?

Lee Evans had the same coach and QB that the current receivers have..

I'm also confused on how Donald Jones dropped passes come into play here.

Lee is able to change the whole dynamic of a game without even playing. That's how good the guy is . . . running straight ahead.

FYI Lee Evans didn't play today.

His replacement, Torrey Smith, had 5 receptions for 152 yards and 3 touchdowns.

So basically, Lee did a hell of a job playing decoy on the sidelines.