When Fitz bobbled the kneel-down

DaveinElma

Gannon was horrible. On this play Fitz was clearly down and never lost the ball. Even on the slow motion replay he tried to invent a fumble that never occurred. He didn't understand the second timeout taken by Belichick and totally missed the first down on the unsportsmanship call. Terrible.

I wasn't worried as there was a flag and I was about 95% certai nit was going to be a personal foul against NE as the ref threw the flag as soon as the NE player hit Fitz. The good news also was that made it automatic 1st down which assured the Bills would be able run the clock down and kick a FG I was a little surpirsed though that the Bill's didn't take their 2nd TO with about 9 sec,s just in case there was a problem with the snap, they still could have taken their last TO and kicked again. Would have meant a potential KO and one last play by NE

Yes....and they called one. Or was that the play before when they called the PF?

That whole sequence was like a low moving heart attack.

They called one on a pats* defender for pushing someone's head into the turf, but it wasn't Fitz... (his head never was near the turf, and the ref announced that the penalty was for driving a player's head into the turn)

Protect the QB, unless he's kneeling down at the end of the game and you're playing the pats*. That should be handled just like a QB sliding feet first. They are giving themselves up and they can't be hit.

Gannon was horrible. On this play Fitz was clearly down and never lost the ball. Even on the slow motion replay he tried to invent a fumble that never occurred. He didn't understand the second timeout taken by Belichick and totally missed the first down on the unsportsmanship call. Terrible.

Yeah it was like he wasn't even paying attention to what was actually going on.

And then he wouldn't shut up about not knowing what was going on.

That was pretty embarrassing.

They called one on a pats* defender for pushing someone's head into the turf, but it wasn't Fitz... (his head never was near the turf, and the ref announced that the penalty was for driving a player's head into the turn)

Protect the QB, unless he's kneeling down at the end of the game and you're playing the pats*. That should be handled just like a QB sliding feet first. They are giving themselves up and they can't be hit.

Couldn't believe there wasn't a flag on that hit on Fitz the play after the PF they did call.

I saw him take the knee without dropping it so I knew he was down with it.

F the Pats for hitting fitz on the following snap. Fagg raf shoulda thrwe another flag.

What worried me was the SECOND head slap by the Pats on Fitzpatrick that wasn't called. Total BS.

Exactly! Probably the Refs were in shock realizing there were seconds to go in the game and the Pats* were about to lose.

Couldn't believe there wasn't a flag on that hit on Fitz the play after the PF they did call.

I'm glad they didn't. It would have just stopped the clock and given us a yard and a first down we didn't need.

I'm surprised the Pats didn't do it 10 more times in a row.

I am not ashamed to admit that the thought of "oh my god they DID find a new way to lose" crossed my mind fleetingly. It reminded me of the Darick Holmes fumble at the goal line in SF years back.

But the thought disappeared as quickly as it came. This is a new era.

Yes, cheap BS shot by the pats*. The refs allowed it to happen which is hard to understand. By not calling the first one (the phantom fumble) the pats* escalated things on the next play. Should have been another penalty. We'll see if the league has anything to say.

I'm glad they didn't. It would have just stopped the clock and given us a yard and a first down we didn't need.

I'm surprised the Pats didn't do it 10 more times in a row.

Nah, they'd run time off once they didn't have TOs left.

Yes, cheap BS shot by the pats*. The refs allowed it to happen which is hard to understand. By not calling the first one (the phantom fumble) the pats* escalated things on the next play. Should have been another penalty. We'll see if the league has anything to say.

If the league says anything... it'll be to issue a new rule. You can't take a knee and intentionally run the clock down if Brady is on the sideline.