Nelson in the Slot

Astrobot

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't really that surprising. I don't think it really matters who starts where though. We run a ton of 4 and 5 receiver sets. The one thing I really liked seeing is our tight end lined up split out like the Colts always do with Dallas Clark. I think that creates a terrible mismatch for defenses to handle.

18 catches in two games (and no drops that I recall) -- dude deserves all the playing time he can get.

Thats just in 2011.

He looked like a stud in 2010 too.

He played on the Tebow Florida team. He was highly recruited (Obviously if he was a WR at Florida) coming out of college but Tebow is a WR killer.

I think if he played on a college spread offense he would have shined and been higher regarded coming into the NFL draft.

I think this guy is a diamond in the rough.

Goes to show you that the draft (and undraft) is a crap shoot.

It really is.

But it's 1] Awfully hard to draft a player who had a tough time starting on his college team and didn't put up numbers on one of the highest scoring teams in the country, and 2] I think people who do the drafting in the NFL would tell you there is virtually no difference between a player drafted in the 6-7 round and a UDFA who is highly sought after by several teams and immediately signed right after the draft. They all have talent, they all have potential, they all have a couple or even several big question marks as to their ability to make it in the NFL.

Thats just in 2011.

He looked like a stud in 2010 too.

He played on the Tebow Florida team. He was highly recruited (Obviously if he was a WR at Florida) coming out of college but Tebow is a WR killer.

I think if he played on a college spread offense he would have shined and been higher regarded coming into the NFL draft.

I think this guy is a diamond in the rough.

Tebow and Nelson performed fine together.....watched a ton of UF games....Tebow threw for over 300 yards many many many times.......Lets tone down the Tebow hate....the dudes a stud....

Tebow and Nelson performed fine together.....watched a ton of UF games....Tebow threw for over 300 yards many many many times.......Lets tone down the Tebow hate....the dudes a stud....

Isn't it fair to suggest that Tebow's strength as a QB doesn't match Nelson's strength as a WR? I didn't see Tebow threading the needle into tight spaces while at Florida; it was more like heaving the ball to wide open targets. Nelson's not a burner; he works the coverage and can use his size as leverage.

It's not Tebow "hate" to mention what pretty much everyone else already knows; he's extremely rough as a passer.