Jackson, Johnson, and Fitz

Billsfanatic19

Stevie is getting about 400k this year.

Needless to say the Bills FO is asleep at the wheel.

They need to sign these guys ASAP. Fitzy and SJ13 will be Unrestricted FAs at the end of the season.

Edited by Why So Serious?

How....DO....YOU....KNOW what is or isn't being discussed?

They're asleep at the wheel? Is hurling baseless accusations just a hobby of yours? I don't understand some people.

I was just about to write the same thing...some people, huh? Especially when it has ALREADY been reported that they have opened talks with Fitz.

IMO Stevie 5 years 40 mil.; Fitz 3 years 25 mil and Freddy, 3 for 15 seems fair. Fitz can be extended if he keeps it up, and Freddy will be on the down side unfortunately and Stevie could be resigned for one more good contract.

As per Howard Simon, the Bills offered Fitz an extension last week, they're $2M/year apart with Stevie, and they're working on an extension for Parrish.

JK on the last part. ;)

I think Freddy is the easiest, Stevie the hardest, and Fitz the most interesting because of all the variables.

Fitz is 27. Unlike most pro athletes, he's going to be a success and make a lot of dough doing whatever he ends up doing after football. In other words, he doesn't have to make as much money as he can right now. he's competitive though, and he wants to be paid like anyone else for what he thinks he's worth.

He also can't take a lot less than he is worth because players around the league would hate him.

He also knows he has a fabulous thing going here with Gailey. Chan the evil genius thinks something and it comes out of Fitz's mouth on the field. They need each other, or at least Fitz IMO needs Gailey. He's smart enough to know he may be able to get more money on the open market but it may be more difficult for him to succeed in another system with another coach.

All that considered, it would be best for both Fitz and the Bills to not think long term, but perhaps just a three year deal, for 24-27 million. If Fitz tries to get a 5-6 year deal, it will be the last one in his career. If he gets a good three year deal now, he could still get a huge deal three years from now as a 30 year old four year starter. It would be best for the Bills, too, not having to break the bank now, on a QB that is difficult to gauge what he is worth. Plus have some extra cash to sign Stevie and Fred.

Fred can get a 2-3 year extension that pays him good but not great money. It would help him and the team and not hurt the bottom line.

Stevie can demand and get a ton. He's young, he's extremely productive, he gets in the endzone, and he's extremely marketable. He's got star quality. He can use FA to get the extra two million a year they are apart, if that is really the case. We need to sign him. Even though he says he loves Buffalo, and I believe it's true, he will be a huge attraction if he makes it to free agency. The Bills probably will not be able to sign him.

<br />$5M a year won't get it done with Captain Jackson in my opinion. Believe I read that Adrian Peterson is getting $13M/season over the first 4 years of his new deal. Don't think Freddy will be happy with less than <i>half</i> of that. I'm thinking around 8 a year.<br />
. I'm thinking you're thinking is off. He's under contract. I think he'd take 5 and be very happy with it.

How....DO....YOU....KNOW what is or isn't being discussed?

They're asleep at the wheel? Is hurling baseless accusations just a hobby of yours? I don't understand some people.

Baseless? Have you only followed the Bills sine 9/11/11?

I know because the contracts aren't done. They had the complete month of August to do this.

Every other NFL team can seem to extend their key players. The Bills' FO needs 17 weeks of regular season play to screw it up, every time, and watch their key players walk.

They do this all the time, wait until the season to negotiate contract extensions. The time to sign your priority Free Agents is before the regular season not during it.

SJ13 is 15 weeks away from hitting the open market that will pay him Brandon Lloyd with the Redskins, or Peerless Price with Falcons money. What motivation does he have to take Buffalo's typical low ball offers?

If the Bills FO showed respect and commitment and extended him last year or made it a post lockout priority he may have been willing to take a pay cut.

Sending low ball offers, weeks away from Free Agency is basically saying to Stevie, "Have fun back in San Fran."

I'll believe different when I see it.

I was just about to write the same thing...some people, huh? Especially when it has ALREADY been reported that they have opened talks with Fitz.

IMO Stevie 5 years 40 mil.; Fitz 3 years 25 mil and Freddy, 3 for 15 seems fair. Fitz can be extended if he keeps it up, and Freddy will be on the down side unfortunately and Stevie could be resigned for one more good contract.

Talk about baseless, where do you get these numbers from?

"There has been an update in the negotiations this is what RichmondRob thinks is fair." What are these numbers based on? How much pro athletes "should" make compared to teacher salaries?

If you double all that money, you'll be closer to what they' are worth in FA. Except for maybe Freddy, the 30+ RB is a tough market in Free Agency but the Bills need to back rev him.

Edited by Why So Serious?