ESPN Ranks Week 2

Some Respect Finally...http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2011/week/3

But we already knew the Pats is the true test.

I hate how our ranking will hinge on the Pats game.

Why are the Pats the true test?

No one else can beat them either.

The Steelers have been to three Super Bowls lately. Why? They haven't had to play the Pats once in the playoffs during those runs.

Ya this is BS, How come the all knowing analyst's cannot evaluate talent until they see a team play a known powerhouse? The Eagles? The Falcons? Cowboys? Bucs? Are they not watching the games? Gimmie a break; the Raiders, Panthers, Niners, deserve to be higher as well.

If we lose to New England I'm sure they'll put us back down in the bottom 1/3.

And then you look at what they say for the chargers

A lot of teams will lose to the Patriots this season. Expect a rebound against the reeling Chiefs. (Kuharsky)

But if we lose to them you're right. Back into the mid 20's.

If we lose to New England I'm sure they'll put us back down in the bottom 1/3.

No doubt. They will say the Chiefs can be beat by a high school team and Raiders aren't as good as thought. All of a sudden the Bills will be what they were supposed to be. Even if the game is close.

There are a few on that list ahead of the Bills that I would have lower. I'm not being unrealistic and saying the Bills should be at the top, but Bears, Bucs, Cowboys I can see moving under us.

I hate how our ranking will hinge on the Pats game.

Why are the Pats the true test?

No one else can beat them either.

The Steelers have been to three Super Bowls lately. Why? They haven't had to play the Pats once in the playoffs during those runs.

True, but it is what it is. The road for national repect for the Bills team goes through Foxboro. They are the proverbial monkey on the backs of this organization. The media pundits seem to discard the fact that the AFC East has been the toughest division in football when organizing these rankings; although more of them are adding that fact and strength of schedule commentary to thier assessment of the Bills.

I agree about the Steelers.

I agree with you guys above:

Lowest ranked 2-0 team; and

whether we are real or not depending on the game this weekend; and

this is BS.

:P

Seriously, does being for real have to mean that you are not just a good football team, but a team that beats Super Bowl teams?

If that is the case then the Saints aren't for real b/c they lost to the Packers.

Two medium level teams play each other to the last play in the game... and you guys think we should be ranked in the what? Top 5? Top 10?

C'mon... let's be realistic here.

Wait until we play the Patriots to make that claim.

Edit: I think how we get ranked if we lose will be based on how we lose. If we look lost and get blown out, we'll drop. If we stay competitive and close, we'll be the same or slightly higher. If we pull off a win, we'll shoot up to the top 5.

Edited by Dorkington

Two medium level teams play each other to the last play in the game... and you guys think we should be ranked in the what? Top 5? Top 10?

C'mon... let's be realistic here.

Wait until we play the Patriots to make that claim.

Edit: I think how we get ranked if we lose will be based on how we lose. If we look lost and get blown out, we'll drop. If we stay competitive and close, we'll be the same or slightly higher. If we pull off a win, we'll shoot up to the top 5.

I think we'll do it Dork...top 5 next week. What say you?

Tirico aside, most 'experts' have come around pretty quickly on their assessments of the Bills. Most have us between 11-14 in the Pwr Rankings. Merrill Hoge has shown us lots of love on NFL Live (ESPN). Ditto from Mike Golic of Mike & Mike fame. But it will take more to convince some - we have been inept and irrelevant for too long. The Pats will be a true test for sure - but so were the Raiders.

Heck look at the Pats - they beat the fish - so what, they're 0-2 and look pretty bad. Then they beat the Chargers, who, IMO aren't any better than the Raiders. So therefore, WE will be a true test for the Pats too!!!

Pats defense hasn't looked great, I expect Fitz to be able to move the ball pretty well on them. We know the Pats offense is good, so the real question is - how will our defense do against them. We look better than the Chargers or Dolphin's defenses. Can we generate a rush and harrass Tommy Boy? That's what it takes to slow them down and beat them. I hope Chan has been holding Merriman back and we can expect him to be released on the Pats (from a pass-rush perspective).

Don't be shocked if we win this - it's been a few yrs since the Pats were champs - it just seems they're always at the top because of Brady, they haven't been - it's just the media constantly giving them a pass.

Can't wait for Sunday - I think some will be really surprised. Many think because we lost 15 in a row to them, that we'll turtle and they will run roughshod over us. I expect us to be sick of the recent history, stand-up, and punch them in their collective mouths!!!!

<br />Lowest ranked 2-0 team is not respect.<br />
we were the lowest rated 2-0 team to start the season. We beat the chiefs (maybe the leagues worst team) and barely beat the raiders in the home opener. We should be the lowest ranked 2-0 team IMO.