Realism

Pilsner

A lot of fans have said in the past that we need to have "realistic" expectations. No matter how optimistic some of us have been, there are many who try to temper our enthusiasm. Be realistic they say. I can see why many have been cautious because of the past 10 plus years. Also there are the cup half empty posters who are never satisfied and cannot see any positives in anything.

Well do you know what is "realistic"? We are 2-0 and improving! No matter if this team beats the Pats or not, the Bills are on the upswing! Now that is what I call "realistic".

I'm so glad that the players on the team and the coaching staff are hard working optimists with talent. When's the last time you heard of a pessimistic general who won?

This is a team that I can really get behind. It's not perfect but what team is? It's being built into something that has powerhouse potential. We are seeing it being built before our very eyes.

Realism is that this team is improving every week. Realism is that this team will win games. Realism is that we have more reason to cheer!

I'm a hard core Bills fan and will forever look for the positives.

Go Bills!!!

I think I just vomited in my mouth a little. Personally I would prefer winners to hard working optimists.

You can vomit all you want. I prefer winners who are hard working optimists. No need for them to be separate.

they are 2-0 man wtf do you want from them? how many more games should they have won at this point?

Exactly.

they are 2-0 man wtf do you want from them? how many more games should they have won at this point?

More convincing wins.

Yes, they're 2-0. That doesn't make me look at them and think "yeah, they're a playoff contender." That makes me think "okay, we crushed the Chiefs (big whoop) and just barely scraped by against the Raiders." I want to see them UP 21-3 at the half; not down by 18. I want them to play to a point where the opponents' fans aren't saying "you lucked out," but "wow, you guys played a hell of a game."

2-0 doesn't mean a thing to me. Remember when we started 5-0 a few years back...and finished under .500? Sorry, but 2-0 means nothing more than "yeah, we can still finish 2-14."

I expect us to lose against the Pats, but rebound against the Bengals... a 3-1 record is definitely better than an 0-4 record. :)

More convincing wins.

Yes, they're 2-0. That doesn't make me look at them and think "yeah, they're a playoff contender." That makes me think "okay, we crushed the Chiefs (big whoop) and just barely scraped by against the Raiders." I want to see them UP 21-3 at the half; not down by 18. I want them to play to a point where the opponents' fans aren't saying "you lucked out," but "wow, you guys played a hell of a game."

2-0 doesn't mean a thing to me. Remember when we started 5-0 a few years back...and finished under .500? Sorry, but 2-0 means nothing more than "yeah, we can still finish 2-14."

You don't find anything encouraging about winning a game we were down by 18 in?

I expect us to lose against the Pats, but rebound against the Bengals... a 3-1 record is definitely better than an 0-4 record. :)

You don't find anything encouraging about winning a game we were down by 18 in?

They're not going to be able to come form behind like that against better teams (which they tried to do too many times last year.) They still need to prove they can come out and beat a good team, it will be very difficult to do that down 18 points at halftime.

I love the fact that we're 2-0, but the 4-0 start from the 2008 season is too fresh in my mind to fully believe this team has turned the corner.

They're not going to be able to come form behind like that against better teams (which they tried to do too many times last year.) They still need to prove they can come out and beat a good team, it will be very difficult to do that down 18 points at halftime.

I love the fact that we're 2-0, but the 4-0 start from the 2008 season is too fresh in my mind to fully believe this team has turned the corner.

Of course we are still proving ourselves, it's only week 3 of the NFL season.

We wouldn't have come back like that, against the Raiders (who I believe are a decent team), in recent years. I think that's an improvement.

We shouldn't need to come back like that, but sometimes things happen. Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't think many people are handing us the playoffs yet, most of us are in the same "wait and see" category with hopefulness. 2008 is still fresh in my mind as well.

I agree with you but there is one thing that changes my mind about that season and this one. Fitz. Plan and simple. Trent was never the same after that hit he took and JP wasn't going to do anything other than try to throw bombs to Lee. We knew it, everyone knew it. Now if Fitz gets hurt. We will likely see the same thing happened we saw back in 2008.

.500 team is better than 4-12. I love this team as much as the next guy, but it is gonna be very, very hard to steal a playoff spot from Balt, NE, NYJ, Pitt, SD, & Houston. The realism will set in Monday I dread but a win over Cincy will go a long way to being respectable again (3-1).

I love how all you pessimists pshaw optimists, or even better yet the realists. The Bills were 4-12 last year, and just played their best two games of this regime's tenure. Meditate, do some yoga, or smoke a fatty but for crying out loud, relax and open your eyes. Nobody thinks this team is super bowl bound, and very few realist are buying in to a playoff run. We were all there, we all remember '08. Oh, you know who wasn't here then? The GM, coach and a majority of the players. When will people stop lumping in Buddy and Chan with the previous decade?

More convincing wins.

I bet your glass of Pilsner is half empty.

Here, let me take it off your hands :beer:

"Remember when we started 5-0 a few years back and finished under .500?"

Ah, I don't, actually. When was that? (I know, I know, it's nitpicking, but consider the temptation)

A lot of fans have said in the past that we need to have "realistic" expectations. No matter how optimistic some of us have been, there are many who try to temper our enthusiasm. Be realistic they say. I can see why many have been cautious because of the past 10 plus years. Also there are the cup half empty posters who are never satisfied and cannot see any positives in anything.

Well do you know what is "realistic"? We are 2-0 and improving! No matter if this team beats the Pats or not, the Bills are on the upswing! Now that is what I call "realistic".

I'm so glad that the players on the team and the coaching staff are hard working optimists with talent. When's the last time you heard of a pessimistic general who won?

This is a team that I can really get behind. It's not perfect but what team is? It's being built into something that has powerhouse potential. We are seeing it being built before our very eyes.

Realism is that this team is improving every week. Realism is that this team will win games. Realism is that we have more reason to cheer!

I'm a hard core Bills fan and will forever look for the positives.

Go Bills!!!

:thumbsup: i'm with ya Pilsner. I'm convinced the "half empty" crowd that always just complain no matter what the circumstances are just that way in life in general. It's a choice really. And I choose to be happy at 2-0. And I'll be estatic when we beat the Patriots this weekend. If we don't, I'll still find the positives instead of harping on the negatives. That's just how I live my life.

I think I just vomited in my mouth a little. Personally I would prefer winners to hard working optimists.

:thumbdown: