Raiders' Tommy Kelly Talks Smack

Astrobot

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not selling Kyle Williams short at all... He was a good DT before the Pro Bowl nomination. But let's just be honest. He is no Richard Seymour.

Just look at Seymours body of work. We can prognosticate about Seymours tank all we want. But as of right now...as of last season Seymour was still a dominant DT. And last week... he dominated the Broncos.

So until he shows that he can't play at a high level, he shouldn't be addressed in that regard.

I guess I don't understand what you're saying.....Williams has been dominant for a few years now, and has been playing at a high level. You don't get named All-Pro, especially in Buffalo, unless you're playing at a high level.

WOW, in this post, a Raiders is arguing that Pro Bowl selection is purely based on how good a player is, but never mention it also bases on how famous the player is. This shows how much Raiders fans know about football...... :wallbash:

No, I'm basing the fact on Richard Seymour is just BETTER...lol

And your reading comprehension is not very good... I used the Pro Bowl as a reference on how Seymour didn't play because he has been there many times...it's nothing special to him. And it was a counter because the OP I quoted pointed out him missing the Pro Bowl.

Never did I mention the Pro Bowl as an indicator of how good he is, however, All Pro nominations DO and he has 3 of those. And Kyle Williams has none.

So yea, whatever.

I guess I don't understand what you're saying.....Williams has been dominant for a few years now, and has been playing at a high level. You don't get named All-Pro, especially in Buffalo, unless you're playing at a high level.

Ok, but Kyle Williams has never been All-Pro

No, I'm basing the fact on Richard Seymour is just BETTER...lol

And your reading comprehension is not very good... I used the Pro Bowl as a reference on how Seymour didn't play because he has been there many times...it's nothing special to him. And it was a counter because the OP I quoted pointed out him missing the Pro Bowl.

Never did I mention the Pro Bowl as an indicator of how good he is, however, All Pro nominations DO and he has 3 of those. And Kyle Williams has none.

So yea, whatever.

Ok, but Kyle Williams has never been All-Pro

Except for last year when he and Wilfork were named 2nd team all pro right?

Except for last year when he and Wilfork were named 2nd team all pro right?

Second team means nothing....

Kyle Williams had one more vote than Seymour.

To even nail this point home more..

Antrel Rolle

Eric Weddle

Malcolm Jenkins

Quintin Mikell

Chris Harris

Michael Huff

Michael Griffin

Darren Sharper

were all tied with ONE VOTE and named to second team All-Pro

When it's a unanimous first team vote or a large margin....then it's pretty significant.

Edited by Bump

Second team means nothing....

Kyle Williams had one more vote than Seymour.

To even nail this point home more..

Antrel Rolle

Eric Weddle

Malcolm Jenkins

Quintin Mikell

Chris Harris

Michael Huff

Michael Griffin

Darren Sharper

were all tied with ONE VOTE and named to second team All-Pro

When it's a unanimous first team vote or a large margin....then it's pretty significant.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night. You can marginalize Williams all you want, the point is, he is a dominant interior lineman who commands double teams. That doesn't change no matter what you write about him.

"Vermin is going to kill Johnny's brother at the Savoy theater tonight, pass it on."

Sorry, done for my own benefit. LOL

"Johnny and the mother's are playing at the Savoy tonight."

"VERMIN IS GOING TO KILLY MY BROTHER AT THE SAVOY TONIGHT!!"

"I didn't say that."

"Yeah, but I know this grape vein."

Right there with ya Jim. :thumbsup:

No Really didn't know that. How did he rate so high when The Bills were so bad defending against the run last year. Again im not trying to be funny as i really not familiar with the player. Still I don't see him giving satel the trouble more massive Dts might.

K Williams is a stud, He's not the biggest NT, BUT he plays with a mean streak and is pretty damned strong for his "lack" of size. He anticiapates plays and can shed blockers pretty well too. Dareus is only going to get better with time. The kid is strong as hell with a lot of quickness for a man that size. He's still inexperienced, but its fun to watch him play.

The All-Pro/Pro Bowl talk is mostly nonsense. All of these guys are damned good players! Pro Bowls are all about popularity and All-Pro can be decieving as well. Where did Seymour earn all of those All-Pro nominations? In New England, the last being in 2006. The lines on both sides will be battling hard as hell... looking forward to this one!

6-0 in division. 8-8 record. Not a dissapointment. Should be a close game. RAIDER NATION will rise, and take over buffalo. 27-23. Raiders.

As I said in the other thread, 0-4 on the East Coast last year with 3 of those losses to bad teams (Titans, Jags, Dols). Being a 2nd consecutive road game and having a short week to rest and prepare means no chance for the Raiders.

As I said in the other thread, 0-4 on the East Coast last year with 3 of those losses to bad teams (Titans, Jags, Dols). Being a 2nd consecutive road game and having a short week to rest and prepare means no chance for the Raiders.

LOL @ No chance....

OK Pal