Raiders' Tommy Kelly Talks Smack

Astrobot

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That would be a big mistake on your part. More reciever sets you go to more Wimbley going to play DE.( Coming off the corner against Pears) The only reason wimbley who had nine sacks last year dosen't have as many sacks as hali is because he playing SSLB majority time. He only plkays De(rush the QB) on obvious passing downs.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...stions-week-1/

Quote:

Nathan: While a number of quarterbacks impressed, I’ll go with Kamerion Wimbley of the Raiders. The Broncos spent most of the day throwing the ball, which left Wimbley rushing Orton and consistently bringing pressure. The rare times the Broncos ran, Wimbley had two huge stops. Last year he showed he can be a star, but never like this.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...roncos-week-1/

Quote:

Worth the money?

Three tackles. On the surface, that’s not that many for a hard day’s work, especially when you spend 33 snaps rushing the passer. But if one was to go beyond those numbers, they would see a player that Kamerion Wimbley (+8.3) absolutely terrorized Orlando Franklin, Denver’s rookie right tackle. The former Cleveland Brown was so quick off the snap; the he consistently forced Franklin to over commit to the outside rush, which allowed Wimbley to consistently beat him with a wicked spin move. It wasn’t just his pass rushing that impressed, but his work in run defense. Watch him with 12:35 left in the first quarter, as he beats both Julius Thomas and Ryan Clady to make a tackle for a substantial loss, and it would be hard to argue that Wimbley wasn’t one of the best defensive players on the field.

The problem is that Pears isn't a rookie, much less making his first start, much much less after an abbreviated off-season.

Don't get tommy Kelly mad. The guy had seven sacks last year playing DT. You can only double team one Seymour or Tom Kelly. Pick your poison.

That might be true... and you'll have to do the same with either Kyle WIlliams or Marcell Dareus.

The problem is that Pears isn't a rookie, much less making his first start, much much less after an abbreviated off-season.

Eric Pears is not a starting caliber Olineman , and its questionable if he good enough to be a backup olineman. If he starting on your Oline, you have serious problems. I rather play an inexperince rookie than this turnstile. at least that young player has a chance to get better. Eric Pears has a chance to get your Qb killed.

Eric Pears is not a starting caliber Olineman , and its questionable if he good enough to be a backup olineman. If he starting on your Oline, you have serious problems. I rather play an inexperince rookie than this turnstile. at least that young player has a chance to get better. Eric Pears has a chance to get your Qb killed.

He's far better than Orlando Franklin. And if Pears proves to be a turnstile, the Bills will turn to rookie OT Chris Hairston sooner rather than later.

That might be true... and you'll have to do the same with either Kyle WIlliams or Marcell Dareus.

R Seymour had two sacks in week one and Tom Kelly had one sack. How many did Kyle williams or marcel Dareus have. I don't se eiother being great getting to the Qb marcel Dareus will be ON another rookie wisniewski. and Kyle williams will be matchup on samson Satele. Satele has had trouble in past with massive NT. I don't know if Williams would be considered that. (i Like satele matching up well with him ) Looking at Williams strengths that the type of Dlineman he can play very well against.

He's far better than Orlando Franklin. And if Pears proves to be a turnstile, the Bills will turn to rookie OT Chris Hairston sooner rather than later.

No he not Franklin going to be a good player in time, Eric Pears is just playing on borrow time - until Bills find someone better. You have a better chance of winning the lottery, than Pears slowing down K Wimbley. I guarantee Wimbley across from him you can expect alot of false starts for Pears.

hairston a rookie going to do much better against experience dlineman like k Wimbley. You really can't give Pears help because Raiders have too much else on the Dline that have to be double teamed- R seymour.

Edited by Raiderjoe

R Seymour had two sacks in week one and Tom Kelly had one sack. How many did Kyle williams or marcel Dareus have. I don't se eiother being great getting to the Qb marcel Dareus will be ON another rookie wisniewski. and Kyle williams will be matchup on samson Satele. Satele has had trouble in past with massive NT. I don't know if Williams would be considered that. (i Like satele matching up well with him ) Looking at Williams strengths that the type of Dlineman he can play very well.

No he not Franklin going to be a good player in time, Eric Pears is just playing on borrow time - until Bills find someone better. You have a better chance of winning the lottery, than Pears slowing down K Wimbley. I guarantee Wimbley across from him you can expect alot of false starts for Pears.

hairston a rookie going to do much better against experience dlineman like k Wimbley. You really can't give Pears help because Raiders have to much else on the Dline that have to be double teamed- R seymour.

You do realize Williams went to the probowl, got mention for all-pro, and is generally considered one of the top 3 NT in the league right?

You do realize Williams went to the probowl, got mention for all-pro, and is generally considered one of the top 3 NT in the league right?

No Really didn't know that. How did he rate so high when The Bills were so bad defending against the run last year. Again im not trying to be funny as i really not familiar with the player. Still I don't see him giving satel the trouble more massive Dts might.

No Really didn't know that. How did he rate so high when The Bills were so bad defending against the run last year. Again im not trying to be funny as i really not familiar with the player. Still I don't see him giving satel the trouble more massive Dts might.

They were still transitioning from the Dick Jauron roster. Marcus Stroud was horrific last year, and Williams was doubled on nearly every play and teams ran away from him. The LB's were a mess with the likes of Reggie Torbor and Akin Ayodele starting for much of the season.

Edited by 5 Wide

I'm not talking about "in time," which still remains to be seen and is questionable at best considering Franklin' play in the opener; I'm talking about now. Franklin was a horror show. And as for Pears, he lined-up against Hali in the 2nd half and didn't false start once, although he gave up a sack. But Hali is a better player than Wimbley and crowd noise was a factor, but won't be in Buffalo.

hairston a rookie going to do much better against experience dlineman like k Wimbley. You really can't give Pears help because Raiders have too much else on the Dline that have to be double teamed- R seymour.

I was actually talking about Hairston "in time." As in "if Pears turns out to be a turnstile." And at worst, he won't be any worse than Franklin was against Wimbley. Again, it's not like the Raiders dominated the Broncos.

Pretty sure Kyle had his way with Satele when he was in Miami.

Actually, Williams replaced the aging, banged-up Richard Seymour in last year's Pro Bowl. The old guy (Seymour) is nursing some sore ribs this week, and I don't expect him or Tommy Boy to get past our o-line of 25-year-old maulers...

TOTAL DOMINATION

Buffalo Bills 53

Chokeland Raiders 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

post-2970-020422900 1316190665_thumb.jpg

Actually, Williams replaced the aging, banged-up Richard Seymour in last year's Pro Bowl. The old guy (Seymour) is nursing some sore ribs this week, and I don't expect him or Tommy Boy to get past our o-line of 25-year-old maulers...

TOTAL DOMINATION

Buffalo Bills 53

Chokeland Raiders 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Yea, Kyle Williams is a "spritely" 28..only took 5 years to have a career year. And yet, he was still a first alternate.

Don't make stuff up as you go because it's convenient. A lot of players who are voted into the Pro Bowl choose not to play. It isn't because they CAN'T go. Seymour, being there 6 times, and 3 times All Pro...already knows the rodeo. Nothing new to him.

Kyle Williams on the other hand......

Let's see if you feel the same way when your interior OL gets dominated by "the old and aging beat up guy"

Edited by Bump

Yea, Kyle Williams is a "spritely" 28..only took 5 years to have a career year. And yet, he was still a first alternate.

Don't make stuff up as you go because it's convenient. A lot of players who are voted into the Pro Bowl choose not to play. It isn't because they CAN'T go. Seymour, being there 6 times, and 3 times All Pro...already knows the rodeo. Nothing new to him.

Let's see if you feel the same way when your interior OL gets dominated by "the old and aging beat up guy"

Come on Man.... Seymour is good, but don't go selling Williams short. Just because you haven't heard much of him until now doesn't mean it took him 5 years to start playing, the guy was good from the start.

A few points of reference:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/05/22/kyle-williams-beast/

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/1/24/1953727/kyle-williams-named-to-all-pro-second-team

:lol:

Typical gay-der nation response - although, from the photo below, your team does seem to know about rodeos!

Tell me - does the entire team take turns on Tommy Boy?

post-2970-093476900 1316192319_thumb.jpg

Come on Man.... Seymour is good, but don't go selling Williams short. Just because you haven't heard much of him until now doesn't mean it took him 5 years to start playing, the guy was good from the start.

A few points of reference:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/05/22/kyle-williams-beast/

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/1/24/1953727/kyle-williams-named-to-all-pro-second-team

Not selling Kyle Williams short at all... He was a good DT before the Pro Bowl nomination. But let's just be honest. He is no Richard Seymour.

Just look at Seymours body of work. We can prognosticate about Seymours tank all we want. But as of right now...as of last season Seymour was still a dominant DT. And last week... he dominated the Broncos.

So until he shows that he can't play at a high level, he shouldn't be addressed in that regard.

:lol:

Typical gay-der nation response - although, from the photo below, your team does seem to know about rodeos!

Tell me - does the entire team take turns on Tommy Boy?

Tommy Kelly

you will get very familiar with Tommy Kelly on Sunday....

Edited by Bump

WOW, in this post, a Raiders is arguing that Pro Bowl selection is purely based on how good a player is, but never mention it also bases on how famous the player is. This shows how much Raiders fans know about football...... :wallbash:

Edited by syhuang