Al Davis and Ralph Wilson

DDD

I know Davis and Wilson are buddies from the old AFL days. Given the ravages of father time, seeing these two together at RWS may be scary. Who will be the first to finish his bucket list? 0:)

The more appropriate question may be, who keeps a bucket close by in case he has to pee and can't make it to the bathroom?

RW is definitely moving a bit slower these days - that's to be expected at age 90 - but his appearance certainly does not frighten small children...

Link - So, This Is What Al Davis Looks Like Nowadays

Holy Hand Grenade Batman!

It normally takes skilled makeup artists about 8 hrs to make the star of the King Vampire Zombie Flesh Eating Monster flick look like that

I scanned this thread looking for some good dialog on two men who are icons. Maybe some discussion on how the AFL was formed, or how Wilson helped his fellow owners (including Oakland) in tough times. Maybe how Davis went from Coach to GM to Owner. How about the story of Davis going toe-to-toe with Pete Rozelle prior to the NFL merger?

Not one constructive comment. All you guys can come up with are petty insults against the aged.

To all you young hotshots that constantly insult Ralph for being old, take a minute to think about what your generation look like in 60 to 70 years? I mean between the obesity of your generation, the steroid side effects, and all the wrinkled skin covered with faded tats. That will be scary too.

Have a nice day.

I scanned this thread looking for some good dialog on two men who are icons. Maybe some discussion on how the AFL was formed, or how Wilson helped his fellow owners (including Oakland) in tough times. Maybe how Davis went from Coach to GM to Owner. How about the story of Davis going toe-to-toe with Pete Rozelle prior to the NFL merger?

Not one constructive comment. All you guys can come up with are petty insults against the aged.

To all you young hotshots that constantly insult Ralph for being old, take a minute to think about what your generation look like in 60 to 70 years? I mean between the obesity of your generation, the steroid side effects, and all the wrinkled skin covered with faded tats. That will be scary too.

Have a nice day.

You're old enough to know better.

Good call. Just read Wilson broke his hip and won't attend the game. Who knows anything about Davis?

Nothing but rumors.

Davis is said to be in poor health and the few, short shots of him in the owner's booth seem to back up that.

However he had a fairly long press conference in January when the team hired Hue Jackson.

Have a nice day.

:thumbsup: Agree. Love how these young kids make fun of old people. Do they think they're going to be 20 forever?

:thumbsup: Agree. Love how these young kids make fun of old people. Do they think they're going to be 20 forever?

Just to be clear -- I don't think anyone is making fun of "old people" in general. They're making fun of old people who look like something you might see in a horror movie.

Al Davis is absolutely frightening.