Oh No! Solomon Wilcots this week!

dbringer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. This will be one of the few games I won't see this year; sucks that I'll be missing the work of one of the 3 best color analysts calling ballgames today(Mayock and Sterling Sharpe being the others).

Ignore these whiny fools and keep doing what you do Solly, you're one of the sharpest I've ever heard and some of us appreciate 'ya!

Wilcots is actually pretty good - he comes prepared and actually analyzes. There are far worse. Do people simply dislike because of how he speaks? That's what it sounds like.

He sounds like a black man from the South. The fact that he knows more about the game than any poster on this board is irrelevant.

Seriously? That's insane.

How is Marv Albert now the D Team at CBS?

Boy, the might have fallen.

Regardless, he was horrendous on Sunday.

Yes it was Marv... He saw the NBA season flushing so he gave up his job on YES doing Nets games. Plus he'll lose that paycheck from TNT, but they will keep him for college BB.

...I hope it was just a off week, when on his game he's one of the best.

I don't mind Solomon's analysis, which I think is pretty good. It's his pronunciations that make me cringe. I'm glad we don't have to hear ET-wards anymore. I'm glad our Buffalo Beeeewws are getting better.

I usually pause the game a lot to analyze things I see (injuries and such), so listening online to the 97 Rock feed isn't possible.

It's fun that we have hope again. How long will it last? C'mon boys!

And it WAS Marv Albert and he WAS brutal.

Edited by BuffalOhio

Who cares who calls the game? As long as the bills win a goat could be broadcasting for all I care. BAAAAAHHH

Who cares who calls the game? As long as the bills win a goat could be broadcasting for all I care. BAAAAAHHH

And for the record. Cris collinsworth is the worst announcer of all time.. and he in fact, reminds me of a goat

Better than Todd Christensen and his whiny, always critical delivery!

"Umm, well uhh I just don't understand why the coaches decided to to that, it is unnecessary. I just can't figure it out..."

Am I in a time warp? When was the last time Todd Christensen worked an NFL football game?

Wilcots is actually pretty good - he comes prepared and actually analyzes. There are far worse. Do people simply dislike because of how he speaks? That's what it sounds like.

Problem is that Wilcots is consistently wrong in his analysis. You can analyze all you want, but if you are always wrong then what good is it?

Am I in a time warp? When was the last time Todd Christensen worked an NFL football game?

The worst announcer of all time, hands down, that's why.

I'm old; leave me alone!!!!!! NFC on CBS, AFC on NBC, Monday Night Football on ABC, no FOX, that's how football should be!!!!

You know, I just watched NFL Rewind on the NFL Network, and I agree with you. I think Wilcots did a really nice job. It did annoy me in the past when he would mispronounce "Bills". I don't know if he's been working on it or if I was just being a jerk, but he's much better now. He did a nice job analyzing some of the big plays. I am now a convert...

Who worked with Wilcots last week? Was it Ian Eagle.. i thought it was funny(actually scared) when he said the Bills were changing Qb's in the 3rd quarter., Tyler Thigpen coming in for the bills.. Paused, corrected himself and then waited a minute to say Thigpen was on the field/sidelines not the huddle....

You know, I just watched NFL Rewind on the NFL Network, and I agree with you. I think Wilcots did a really nice job. It did annoy me in the past when he would mispronounce "Bills". I don't know if he's been working on it or if I was just being a jerk, but he's much better now. He did a nice job analyzing some of the big plays. I am now a convert...

Who worked with Wilcots last week? Was it Ian Eagle.. i thought it was funny(actually scared) when he said the Bills were changing Qb's in the 3rd quarter., Tyler Thigpen coming in for the bills.. Paused, corrected himself and then waited a minute to say Thigpen was on the field/sidelines not the huddle....

It was Kevin Harlan (without checking the506, I'm pretty sure he's paired with Wilcots). I caught that Thigpen screw-up too; Harlan sounds so much like Marv Albert for a second I thought it was ol' Marv getting used to fooseball again (that definitely showed Week 1 when he called the KC game), but no it was Harlan working the Oakland game.

(Lindell for three... YES!!!)

Edited by OvrOfficiousJerk