hissy fit with bruschi and ocho

brenty

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sirius NFL had the writer from Cincinnati on (Dan Lanham, sp?) He said basically that Bruschi had a point. He told the story of the rookie Ochocinco who slept in the training facility to get better and contrasted him with the current one who has a "lot of other things going on". Apparently it was an open secret in Cincy that Chad could only barely learn the "X" receiver position. He once asked a coach why Chad didn't go in motion or move around the formation and the coach looked at him and said "are you kidding me, the guy can barely make the reads where he is".

So he was saying Bruschi was watching practices and talking with his old buddies and they were saying the same thing, and then Chad tweeting about it was the last straw for Bruschi. Bruschi is probably a little out of line, but just a little. I thought the understory was interesting.

If this is true then Chad is going to have a helluva time catching passes. The Patriots passing game is all predicated on the WR's making reads

pre-snap and after the snap. It makes sense though......Chad was the man in Cincinnatti so he probably wasn't required to adjust his routes. He better start learning or they'll design him right out of the offense.

IMO their best receiver is Welker, because he's totally in sync with his QB. Reminds me a lot of Jimbo and Andre.

What he said. There is no reason to criticize a player for complimenting his teammates.

Ocho praises his teammate, former player gets pissed off... how nice.

I've never had an issue with Ocho, he has flare on the field, but he's never been a jerk, always does things for the community. I don't necessarily like his style, but he comes off as a fine guy, if flashy.

Bruschi though... that dude is a twat.

So when Whitner used to go on twitter, he was chastised for too much tweeting and too little production. But when the superstar, under-performer Ochocinco does pretty much the same thing, you guys are going after the media person who called him out for that ?

Hey, Fan. Dizzy Dean said "it isn't bragging if you can do it".

My beef with Whitners Tweets was the part that comes after the "if"

Which I suppose sorta comes down to the same point Bruschi was making to Chad Johnson?

Really? Personally, I find it hard to believe that a guy that has put up the #'s that 8 5 has in his career has no idea what he's doing on the field...

Not really, he's super talented. I don't think Randy Moss made his numbers by chessboard reads either. They didn't say he had no idea what he was doing, just that he was very limited, and could only retain simple reads from one side of the field. His talent apparently got him open anyway.

Hey, Fan. Dizzy Dean said "it isn't bragging if you can do it".

My beef with Whitners Tweets was the part that comes after the "if"

Which I suppose sorta comes down to the same point Bruschi was making to Chad Johnson?

"if" Teddy retired when he should have "then" pats may not have given up 32 pts in 2nd half afc championship against colts. "if" their defense hadn't had the epic collapse "then" pats could have beaten Rex grossmans bears in the super bowl that year.

Lol gotta love Teddy bear pancaked by right guard on colts go ahead run. Start watching from 1:10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=conw2AykCXA

I cannot believe some of you guys are rippin' on half-man/half-god/half-possibe-centaur...

Tedy Bruschi :beer:

Where do you get this stuff, Sen? High-larious.

That's just wrong bro...not even close to being funny...I'd expect more from such a veteran poster.

Don't pop an aneurysm, dude.

:)

We're allowed to have a little fun here, no?

The guy comes from the Bengals and it was an amazing performance by Brady & Co on Monday Night. He compliments his teammates and get lambasted for it. The arrogance of Patriots nation gets old fast.

This.

I'll admit that my siding with 85 probably has a bit to do with the fact that I've always viewed him as harmless and amusing as well as highly productive for a guy without elite speed, quickness, etc.

For better or worse, Chad is probably the template for a guy like Stevie Johnson, at least from a football standpoint. I think of Ochocinco as much less of a disappointment than Moss or Owens. His foibles are fun (racing a horse, riding a bull) and generally he's been less-divisive as a teammate.

Also, Bruschi's an icon for the Patsies* and I really could never stand him.

After I try to account for all of these "emotions," I still feel like "One D" Tedy was out of line.

How about this for a concept "One D?"

Let 85s coaches and teammates police their own locker room.

You're just a piece of the past.

Deal with it.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Where do you get this stuff, Sen? High-larious.

Don't pop an aneurysm, dude.

:)

We're allowed to have a little fun here, no?

This.

I'll admit that my siding with 85 probably has a bit to do with the fact that I've always viewed him as harmless and amusing as well as highly productive for a guy without elite speed, quickness, etc.

For better or worse, Chad is probably the template for a guy like Stevie Johnson, at least from a football standpoint. I think of Ochocinco as much less of a disappointment than Moss or Owens. His foibles are fun (racing a horse, riding a bull) and generally he's been less-divisive as a teammate.

Also, Bruschi's an icon for the Patsies* and I really could never stand him.

After I try to account for all of these "emotions," I still feel like "One D" Tedy was out of line.

How about this for a concept "One D?"

Let 85s coaches and teammates police their own locker room.

You're just a piece of the past.

Deal with it.

I have said since last year that Stevie Johnson is like a younger clone of Ocho. They are built very similar (fragile looking, but seem to take a hit), same arrogance and fun personality, have somewhat of a "Me First" attitude and like you said neither has elite speed but seem to get open and make big plays.

I would just like to remind everyone that when discussing the team from Foxboro on TSW, it is appropriate to add an asterisk (*) following all such references.

Thank you.

:censored: the Pats*

Dear Miss Manners,

Is it the correct form to asterisk only the team from Foxboro* (whomever they may be), or should players* who have played for the team from Foxboro* also be asterisked?

And does the asterisk apply only if they are on the current roster*, or does it apply if they have ever been on the roster*? Does it make a difference if they were cut or traded vs. retiring from the team*?

Lastly, should both slices of the bread in cucumber sandwiches be buttered, or is it more appropriate to butter only one slice?

Sincerely,

Curious

Twitter: officially the dumbest !@#$ing invention in history.

+1000

One idiot blurts out useless stream of consciousness in less than 140 characters. Commence the federal investigation.

Damn kids need to take their tweets and get off your respective lawns, huh?

Dear Miss Manners,

Is it the correct form to asterisk only the team* from Foxboro* (whomever they* may be), or should players* who have played for the team* from Foxboro* also be asterisked?

And does the asterisk apply only if they* are on the current roster*, or does it apply if they* have ever been on the roster*? Does it make a difference if they* were cut or traded vs. retiring from the team*?

Lastly, should both slices of the bread in cucumber sandwiches be buttered, or is it more appropriate to butter only one slice?

Sincerely,

Curious

What I try to do is use the asterisk at any mention of that team* from Foxboro* or any of its* current or former players*, as well as any pronoun or adjectival used in discussing said entities*, and - for good measure - include their* fans*, coaches*, front* office* personnel*, owner*, and all nearby New* England* geographic* proximities*.

I gets tedious, I know - and sometimes even I slip up, but best to play it safe and cover all your bases. (I've provided a corrected 'edit' to your post for future reference.)

I can't help you with your other question - you'd probably have to go to a NE* tailgate* to get good information about cucumber sandwiches...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

“None of those guys have any clue what they’re talking about,” Tom Brady said Monday morning on WEEI when asked about criticism of Ochocinco from ex-Patriots like Tedy Bruschi and Rodney Harrison. “They aren’t in this locker room.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/19/tom-brady-ex-pats-have-no-clue/

Dear Miss Manners,

Is it the correct form to asterisk only the team from Foxboro* (whomever they may be), or should players* who have played for the team from Foxboro* also be asterisked?

And does the asterisk apply only if they are on the current roster*, or does it apply if they have ever been on the roster*? Does it make a difference if they were cut or traded vs. retiring from the team*?

Sincerely,

Curious

I prefer Br*dy, M*ss, Br*schi, H*rris*n, Patri*ts, and the always popular I f**k*n hat* th* sh*tt* a*s P*tri*ts ch*at*rs a* mu*h a* I h*te th* 19*2 D*lph*ns and Br*an C*x!!!!!!!!!

:D