Playoffs????

plenzmd1

So found this from the NY Times from last year

It’s true that since the N.F.L. realigned the divisions in 2002, 52.3 percent of 1-0 teams made the playoffs compared with just 22.7 percent of teams that dropped their first game

So there you go..buy them playoff tickets now :w00t::beer:

I'm as giddy as the next Bills fan -well, except for the Big Cat.. But it's a tad early to consider this century's Buffalo Bills for the playoffs..

Did not saying they were making the playoffs, just that statistically they have a better chance than not of making them now.. :thumbsup: .

It’s true that since the N.F.L. realigned the divisions in 2002, 52.3 percent of 1-0 teams made the playoffs compared with just 22.7 percent of teams that dropped their first game

The NY Times is not selling enough papers I guess. The budget cuts must have come from their math department.

What happens to the other 25% of the teams? They don't make the playoffs but don't miss the playoffs? :blink: :blink: :blink:

The NY Times is not selling enough papers I guess. The budget cuts must have come from their math department.

What happens to the other 25% of the teams? They don't make the playoffs but don't miss the playoffs? :blink: :blink: :blink:

They are two seperate questions. ie. 48% of 1-0 teams don't make the playoffs, and 78% of teams that are 0-1 don't make the playoffs. There isn't a missing 25%.

They are two seperate questions. ie. 48% of 1-0 teams don't make the playoffs, and 78% of teams that are 0-1 don't make the playoffs. There isn't a missing 25%.

So with a little rounding 52% of week one winners make the playoffs

and 23% of week one losers make the playoffs.

That is only 75%. Maybe they are talking about some weak teams not really having a chance once they get there but weren't the Packers a #6 seed last year? There goes that theory.

The article doesn't even discuss teams missing the playoffs so you seem to be barking up the wrong tree.

I think it's apparent from the posts on TBD that the Bills are clearly the Superbowl favorites now. The only question remains is which team from the NFC will challenge them.

Amazing stat--roughly half of the teams that win the opener make the postseason.

I don't see that happening, though, until we find some way to beat the Pats. The Jets are too good for us to be swept by any AFC East team and think about post season. Course the Chiefs were swept and made it but this ain't the AFC West.

I do see a 2-0 in the near future though. :pirate:

Please don't post when you have no idea what you are talking about. You know nothing about math or reading comprehension.

That is only 75%. Maybe they are talking about some weak teams not really having a chance once they get there but weren't the Packers a #6 seed last year? There goes that theory.

The article doesn't even discuss teams missing the playoffs so you seem to be barking up the wrong tree.

Dude, I am not sure you are baiting with your usual eclectically humorous posts but here is one way to look at it.

Week 1: 16 winners, 16 losers

52% of winners go to playoffs = 16*0.52 = 8 teams

23% of losers go to playoffs = 16*0.23 = 4 teams

total 12 teams that make playoffs. There aren't any missing teams or percentages.

Remember only 12 teams make the playoffs. That's about 38%.

Roughly 8 of the 16 teams that started 1-0 will make the playoffs (50%)

Roughly 4 of the 16 teams starting 0-1 will make the playoffs (25%).

The Bills started the season with a 38% chance of making the playoffs. We've now increased it to roughly 50%. That's progress!

The Bills can do really well this year and still miss the playoffs. There are two other great teams in the same division and a 3rd that should be at least tough.

It will take at least 10 wins to get in, maybe 11.

Is this team an 11 win team?

Edited by kobe808lak