Lee Evans

jumbalaya

Here is the summary of Lee's first Raven game. Bet they had him going over the middle. Baltimore will want that 4th round pick back pretty soon.

Baltimore's Joe Flacco spread the ball around and found six different players to catch passes for him. Evans was not one of them as he dropped all four passes that came his way. The four targets Evans received actually placed him fourth on the team, but he came away empty.

Well I read a Baltimore post praising him for opening everything up for boldin Dickson and pitta, saying even without a catch his presence was worth picking him up

Well I read a Baltimore post praising him for opening everything up for boldin Dickson and pitta, saying even without a catch his presence was worth picking him up

are you gonna go get the papers, get the papers?

No, I meant trading him.

EDIT: don't edit the quote of my post, numbskull.

I did...and you tried to sneak it a quick edit....idiot! Actually, I saw a pretty slick ajax thing that changed from "cutting" to "trading" right as I posted the first reply.

:P

Just fuggin with ya. You know that.

I did...and you tried to sneak it a quick edit....idiot! Actually, I saw a pretty slick ajax thing that changed from "cutting" to "trading" right as I posted the first reply.

:P

Just fuggin with ya. You know that.

I hate you.

Not because of this. Just on general principle.

He is such a good decoy, he is still opening things up for Stevie.

FWIW, the stats show that Flacco targeted him 4 times. Having not seen the game, I have no idea why did not catch any of the four. If I were a gambling man, I would bet that none of them involved crossing patterns.

I hate you.

Not because of this. Just on general principle.

Good. Then I am being effective in my role here.

You can only be a sanctimonious know it all for so many posts...25 k...and not mess something up sooner or later yourself.

Sorry you're aren't perfect. Carry on.

Here is the summary of Lee's first Raven game. Bet they had him going over the middle. Baltimore will want that 4th round pick back pretty soon.

Baltimore's Joe Flacco spread the ball around and found six different players to catch passes for him. Evans was not one of them as he dropped all four passes that came his way. The four targets Evans received actually placed him fourth on the team, but he came away empty.

one game

three weeks after joining a team

hurt

and i didnt see the whole game but im guessing it wasnt 4 drops.

he isnt going to be a probowler, but im confident he will help that team.

He is such a good decoy, he is still opening things up for Stevie.

FWIW, the stats show that Flacco targeted him 4 times. Having not seen the game, I have no idea why did not catch any of the four. If I were a gambling man, I would bet that none of them involved crossing patterns.

The note on cbssports.com under his name said he dropped all four. My opinion, without seeing the game either, is that they were crossing patterns as he does make catches on a deep fly routes but he does not like to go over the middle. If they made his go over the middle the four drops explain all that is wrong with Lee.

The note on cbssports.com under his name said he dropped all four. My opinion, without seeing the game either, is that they were crossing patterns as he does make catches on a deep fly routes but he does not like to go over the middle. If they made his go over the middle the four drops explain all that is wrong with Lee.

Two were deep and two were short.

Perhaps. Considering that's a lot of money to pay a guy who is going on his 3rd season as just a decoy.

Money may have factored into it, but it was one of several factors, and probably doesn't top the list.

Here's a list of possible factors:

- One-dimensional outside receiver who doesn't fit the profile for Gailey's offense

- Never "clicked" with Fitz

- Money

- A couple of younger guys (Jones and Easley) ready to take the next step

I'm sure there are more.