Where's Sully?

Sully is the friend who always points out that every silver lining really covers a dark cloud. If the sun is shining and you say, "What a beautiful day!", Sully will respond, "Yeah, but it will rain tomorrow." Just by chance, sometimes he'll be right.

I wonder what he'll say about the KC win?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sully is the friend who always points out that every silver lining really covers a dark cloud. If the sun is shining and you say, "What a beautiful day!", Sully will respond, "Yeah, but it will rain tomorrow." Just by chance, sometimes he'll be right.

My guess is that he'll say the entire team had a solid performance but he'll zero in on Fitz, pointing out that great QB play is everything in the NFL - which I think is largely correct. He might even toss in a reference to the disaster that was the Colts game to help bolster the point.

Something along the lines of, for this year: as goes Fitz, so goes the Bills.

Edited by MRM33064

Well, if you're right then probably something about chewing the heads off kittens while talking about how the Raiders are going to absolutely destroy us.

He's steaming right now. He's busy rewriting his column for tomorrow's paper (deadline = 7:00PM EDT) that he wrote in the leisurely comfort of his hammock last week while sipping Campari on ice about how The Bills are the same old bills and Chan/Nix/Ralph are cheating the fans in Western NY out of their hard earned money.

Hey Sully - how about earning YOUR keep for a change! Same old shite you've been writing for over a decade.

Sully and all the haters will say "it's only one game" or they will talk about how KC was never as good as people thought -- or like Schopp and BullDog they'll deny making those negative comments and cry "journalistic integrity" was the reason they were so balanced --

I for one, am sick of the negativity -- for one day or one week let's feel good about being 1-0 without the party poopers raining on the parade

stop making threads about him. This is what is keeping him around

:blink:

Sorry! This is a good point!

I would enjoy, though, listening to some of the Negative Nancy's eat some humble pie right about now.

It's too early to talk playoffs but I think we're seeing clear evidence that Nix/Gailey are building a credible team.

Easy on Felser, cowboy. He has forgotten more about football than you will ever know. <_<

So true. Unfortunately, they still let him write a column on Sundays. He is obviously out of touch. At least he can use old age as an excuse. Sullivan is a lifelong hack. He's a mediocre writer and, worse, a schmuck.

Every week, sure as the sun rises in the East, a new "Sully is too negative" thread. In case you didn't notice, the Bills have not been in the playoffs for 12 years. Doesn't that make his pessimism in the past correct? Or should he have blown sunshine up our butts all those losing years?

Meh, I'll join the unruly mob. Throw Sal Maiorana and Leo Roth from the Rochester D&C on the same pile as Sully and tie em all to the PROVERBIAL stake.

I heard Sully say this week that the Bills had a better chance at going 0 and 16 than to win more than 9 or 10 games but we can already say that going 0 and 16 isn't going to happen lets hope now we can win those 9 or 10 games so we can shut him up! I am not sure that is possible but we can hope. GO BILLS!

Doesn't that make his pessimism in the past correct? Or should he have blown sunshine up our butts all those losing years?

Nope. Any yabo with Internet access can spout pessimism year after year...as TSW clearly shows.

But a professional columist who's 'product' has been as mediocre as Sully's has been should thank his luck stars that he's not on the unemployment line with hundreds of more interesting, informative and talented folks I'd rather read for my eight bits.

No access, no insight, no work ethic, no reason to read...'ol Jerry hits for the cycle.

Easy on Felser, cowboy. He has forgotten more about football than you will ever know. <_<

+1

You, I or anybody else on TSW...