Where's Sully?

People really need to get a grip when it comes to the sour grapes bashing of Jerry Sullivan and the rest of the national sports media. Thread after thread bashes him, ESPN, various radio personalities, etc. all because they disparage the Buffalo Bills.

What the heck do you expect people to say about a team that has been just about the worst team in the entire NFL over the span of an ENTIRE DECADE?

Do you honestly believe that any journalist would have a job (save Chris Brown, perhaps) if they wrote positive things about such a historically impotent team?

Seriously - what do you expect folks to say about a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in a decade?

it's not just a Buffalo thing. It exists at every level from pro football all the way down to college water polo. People are over defensive about their teams. Any negative comment will be magnified a million times and suddenly the writer has started world war 3 with that market. It's hilarious to watch. We may not have been able to predict this final score, but we could definitely predict exactly which posters would be starting these threads and continuing the rant.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know both of these individuals personally?

Felser might know rules and history but he doesn't know shot about the buffalo bills!

Calm down there, bro.

Larry Fesler has been covering the Bills since 1960. His post-retirment columns have been lazy, yes, but his knowledge is unquestioned.

Though in my family, Felser was persona non grata for being what my father called a "Kemp Man" during the QB controversies of the 1960s.

I personally never liked his cheerleading for Matt Kofler to replace Fergy, but that's just me.

He loved to bash Fergy every chance he got.

Calm down there, bro.

Larry Fesler has been covering the Bills since 1960. His post-retirment columns have been lazy, yes, but his knowledge is unquestioned.

Though in my family, Felser was persona non grata for being what my father called a "Kemp Man" during the QB controversies of the 1960s.

I personally never liked his cheerleading for Matt Kofler to replace Fergy, but that's just me.

??

I don't hate him at all. For all I know, he's a warm and witty guy in real life

I dislike his writing style, which would never induce me to buy a paper - I read them online when they're linked from the TBD homepage.

And he's clearly chosen a particular style of writing and type of voice - his perogative, and right now it has him gainfully employed, so it "works for him".

The posters here pretty much have a sound understanding of exactly what that style of writing and voice entail, and it's all about being clever in cynicism.

I'd have more respect if I felt his praise today was genuine, instead of bringing up 2008 and 2009.

Ever hear him talk or read one of his live chats? He's the furthest thing from a warm and giddy guy. He's as condescending and a-holish as he is in his columns. Even more so since he gets to interact and act that way directly to people.