Why is no one talking Wannstadt?

PromoTheRobot

Yeah, he'll make a difference on D. I think last year, Edwards was a bit over his head. With DW in the mix, I think there'll be better game time & halftime adjustments. Adjustments to their adjustments if you will. All games, affensively & defensively take on a life of their own as the game unfolds. I think Wannstadt will be a great help in that area. just my humble opinion

GO BILLS!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, he obviously doesn't know much because most fans here believe that Moats should be on the outside instead of the inside. What has Wanny done in this league anyways?

But honestly, he will be a huge help to Edwards. And he makes my top 10 moustaches (Fingers, Reynolds, and Mike Jordan - successfully pulls off the Hitler stache)

Yeah, he'll make a difference on D. I think last year, Edwards was a bit over his head. With DW in the mix, I think there'll be better game time & halftime adjustments. Adjustments to their adjustments if you will. All games, affensively & defensively take on a life of their own as the game unfolds. I think Wannstadt will be a great help in that area. just my humble opinion

GO BILLS!!

I think talent on the field also hampered what he could do as far as scheming and adjustment.

I think talent on the field also hampered what he could do as far as scheming and adjustment.

Agree 100%. Edwards got a lot of crap for things that weren't his fault. We didn't have the right personnel. Poz said he felt more comfortable in a 4-3. Stroud struggle to make the switch and is now out of the league. We had arguably the worst LBs in the NFL.

With more talent and another year in the system, Edwards will become a much better DC.

Wanny will definitely have an effect. He'll make sure that the linebackers are in the right place. He will also be a good field general. Think of Wanny as a 3 star general and Gailey as a 4 star general.

The idea that there is some kind of power struggle is way overblown.

If Wanny is a three star general and Gailey is a four star general, then that makes Edwards . . . a 3.5 star general? ;)

Edited by Edwards' Arm

Thinking about this throughout the week. Just being the second year with Edwards change to 3-4, we HAVE to see upgrade overall in our front 7. Add in Dareus, Barnett and Lights Out and improvement is gauranteed. It'll be hard to discern new strategy based on just better and more experienced play.

I'm confident he's been crucial in who we added and new wrinkles devised. Unfortunately, I think we'll have to go back and review many games from last year ( :sick: ) to see new D-applications at work.

Let me know what you learn.. :flirt:

After an exhausing and time consuming review of last year's defense I have learned that they could not stop the run

No.

Gailey(Head Coach) - ****

Wannstedt(Assistant Head Coach) - ***

Edwards Defensive Coordinator - Major

Get it?

not!

Edwards DC would be brigadier general **

OC likewise.

position coaches would be colonels and majors LOL!!!!

In all seriousness I hope an extra set of good defensive eyes just gives us that much more prepardness on game day

It's not just "an extra set of good defensive eyes…"

As Assistant Head Coach, it's been decided that "The Stache" will be in the booth during games and radio down to the sidelines.

Said Coach Gailey:

"He even will send notes to the offensive side about some things."

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/09/10/wannstedt-to-be-in-booth-sunday/

first and ten that was damn funny!

I read today that Wannstache has been assigned to the booth, thats a good thing imo. And Chan's little quip about sending notes to offense, as if we hadnt guessed. I think Wanny helped quicken the major transition on defense and gave a very good set of Def eyes to give insight and counters for Georgie. As the defense becomes stable this year, Dave will be able to take a more focused role as asst head coach.

The front seven really look good so far. They seem to be in sync and well on their way. I don't see any competition with any other

coaching position for him at this time. Just all around asset and i say effective so far. But i am mostly guessing with my heart and eyes.

Tomorrow will mean so much for us. We could not have a better challenge and it is almost as if we have built our Bills this off season to beat the Chiefs specifically. If we fail roles may change for Wanny because the project of STOP THE RUN is not completed. If he decides he needs more money at the end of this year maybe then he will replace someone on the next rung up.

I think his presence will be one of the biggest impacts on defense this year. Will we see some "exotic blitz" packages in buffalo??

If he just does ONE thing I'll be happy. Stop that stupid running play that worked about 200 times against the Bills D last year. The one where the back takes 2 steps forward, takes the handoff, runs to the outside shoulder of the tackle where a few Bills defenders begin to gather, then cut back up between the tackle and guard and gains 15 yards where Whitner would tackle him.

If I see that play work ONCE tomorrow, I swear I might jump off my roof.

oh my eyes. I forgot about that by now. That will never happen again. ok maybe once or twice, but we fixed that. you have my guarantee. if it does i promise to jump too. just off my porch. but i am old and it will hurt.

Yep last year we had Kelsay learning how to seal the edge which he would blow right by and Poz being on behind him would be just late enough to hope for the ankle tackle often. I think Kels has shown much improvement and nowadays if it's forced back to the middle there should be someone ( Nick, A. Davis, Morrison, Shepp) holding the gaps.

It looks like we are built up to force plays back inside so we sure as heck better be there before the safeties. That IS why we got Wanny right?

I will be watching Kelsey, if he looks better than last year Wanny was worth it and is god in my eyes :). JK, but it is a good thing IMO that we have him around, I am pumped about our LBs stepping up in big ways. With him and Gailey bouncing ideas around, I feel like we have a nice coaching combination of football minds.