Did we elect team captains yet?

WILLIS

I live here in Boston and this morning's sports radio talk was talking about who the Patsies chose as their captains...was wondering have we selected our captains yet? If not who are you guys hoping gets the big C? cheers!

There are special teams captains, foo.

Moorman has been our team MVP for the last decade.

I cringe at the thought of Moorman giving half time speeches telling the guys to jump on his frail back and let him carry the team to victory on his mighty right leg.

On Offense: Fitz & Wood - they are clearly the spokespeople

Special Teams - Moorman & someone from the return side

Defense: Kyle Williams for sure. Nick Barnett-maybe, but he may not have been here long enuff - but I LOVE his attitude. Shawne Merriman-also hasn't been here long enuff and frankly, hasn't demonstrated he can stay on the field for an appreciable amount of time - but he too has the right attitude. Kelsay for perseverence alone, but I like someone with more cred.

I cringe at the thought of Moorman giving half time speeches telling the guys to jump on his frail back and let him carry the team to victory on his mighty right leg.

This is funny. And for some reason, it made me think of Charlie Steiner's great

line.

I live here in Boston and this morning's sports radio talk was talking about who the Patsies chose as their captains...was wondering have we selected our captains yet? If not who are you guys hoping gets the big C? cheers!

I think they voted Lee Evans again?

Williams, Fitz, Freddie

punters do not deserve to be captains.

Which one of those will be the Special Teams captain since they normally have one of those? Used to be Wilson was the star of special teams, but he starts in the DB now?

Nothing against him as a player, but I don't see Fitz as a vocal leader. I would think someone who is a veteran and shows some fire like Fred Jackson would make a good captain. I would say Merriman on defense if he could stay healthy, but that most likely won't happen so Williams wins by default. I have no problem with Moorman being the Special Teams captain, I believe he is the longest tenured Bill and for a punter is an excellent athlete, and seems like a good lockerroom leader.

Are you arguing for the sake of arguing or are you serious?

I see your powers of objectivity are strong. Perhaps you'd like to shed some light on how Moorman's contributions to the organization have been so much more valuable than Lindel's as to render my suggestion so intolerably outlandish.

I see your powers of objectivity are strong. Perhaps you'd like to shed some light on how Moorman's contributions to the organization have been so much more valuable than Lindel's as to render my suggestion so intolerably outlandish.

I don't really care either way, but when was the last time a bad punt quite literally cost the team a win? Missed field goals in OT or when time expires do that....and I can think of multiple examples of Lindell doing that. Plus, you're not a f***ing coach or player, you (or anyone else on this board) have no idea how Lindell, Moorman, or anyone else behaves in the locker room or on the sidelines

Moorman is just as good with or without Lindell. On the other hand, Lindell's success as a placekicker is directly dependent on Moorman's holding ability. :rolleyes: It could also be argued that Moorman's punting has done more for the Bills in the field position battle that Lindell's kickoffs have. I don't have any evidence to back that up, but that's been my perception throughout their careers in Buffalo with the possible exception of last year, which was Moorman's worst. At any rate, captains aren't (or shouldn't be) chosen based on their on the field accomplishments, but by their off the field leadership skills. These are extremely difficult for an outsider to judge, especially for ST players who don't get much face time from the media.