Jones #2 receiver

Sig1Hunter

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have preferred a little more size on the outside with Easley, but we'll see how this works out.

http://blogs.buffalo...firms-hes-2-wr/

Hmmmm...would that be Jones confirming he's the #2, anything like Hangartner being assured he's made the team?

Easley has yet to earn a starting spot. Nelson and Parrish have shown more.

I wasn't totally sold on Jones last year. It will be interesting to see how Jones comes back - will he be able to be 100% focused on the catch, or will he hear footsteps?

just like any player rankings, it's based on opinion. Not trying to be hostile or anything but what has he done to earn the #2 position? I thought Roosevelt was lights out last year when given the opportunity. Jones was average at best imo

Last year, if Stevie Johnson started as the #2 receiver, a lot of folks would have said he was the worst #2 receiver in the league as well. You can't prove people wrong if you don't get the opportunity. IT's a great chance for Jones.

That said, as others have mentioned, it really doesn't mean much. The Bills play a lot of receivers. Roscoe is probably the real #2 option on most players, but he can never be a #2 receiver in the league because of his size. Jones is the best blocker receiver on the team, thus he gets the edge for now. I think eventually, it will be Easely job to lose.

Or on the outside....does anyone remember that sure touchdown Spiller had last year (had he not dropped the ball of course) he was wide open.....

Not to split hairs but wasn't that one on Fitzpatrick. IIRC he overthrew CJ by about 5-10 yards.

Last year, if Stevie Johnson started as the #2 receiver, a lot of folks would have said he was the worst #2 receiver in the league as well. You can't prove people wrong if you don't get the opportunity. IT's a great chance for Jones.

That said, as others have mentioned, it really doesn't mean much. The Bills play a lot of receivers. Roscoe is probably the real #2 option on most players, but he can never be a #2 receiver in the league because of his size. Jones is the best blocker receiver on the team, thus he gets the edge for now. I think eventually, it will be Easely job to lose.

Point taken, but I think almost everyone could see that Stevie was a star in the making when he began in the system. He stood out in camps, preseason, etc. but DJ refused to give him a shot. As soon as he had a chance, I knew he'd succeed.

I just don't feel the same way about Donald tbh. Obviously this is based on what I've seen previously and a hunch, so I could very well be wrong.

Point taken, but I think almost everyone could see that Stevie was a star in the making when he began in the system. He stood out in camps, preseason, etc. but DJ refused to give him a shot. As soon as he had a chance, I knew he'd succeed.

I just don't feel the same way about Donald tbh. Obviously this is based on what I've seen previously and a hunch, so I could very well be wrong.

This is revisionist history at it's finest. There were a ton of question marks around Stevie last year. He was given the job, and didn't live up to the message board hype until week 3 of the regular season.

Everybody "knew" he was going to be good. I am glad he worked out, statistically anyways. It would be nice if he could cut down on the dropped balls this year, and maybe mix in a spectacular catch here and there. He caught balls he was supposed to. I will give him he is a very good route runner, but I am not ready to put him in Canton yet.