Bills claim TE Lee Smith

BillsObserver

No LOL here. He was signed by Buffalo days before the first game. We SMOKED them on opening day and his info was likely a large part of that victory. That close to the regular season, he was certainly privy to 'that' initial gameplan etc. Given that the victory occurred right after we signed Milloy and the fact that we have not beaten them since only supports the premise.

Yea - too bad his "great information" led to what 15 consecutive losses since......

Edited by Azucho98

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the kind of player Gailey and Nix like. I hope he can block in the pros. I'm not sure if he will replace Martin or Pianalto (who would go to PS).

Just got the text from the Bills. It is official and it was Pianalto who was released. Also said 7 were signed to practice squad.

Edited by CodeMonkey

This is the guy who was a late addition to the Sr bowl, and when he came in he was crushing people blocking. Not much of a reciever they say.

Its cool Yeatman made their team. He was at ND playing lacrosse and football but got a DUI for driving on campus roads designed only for pedestrians at like 4am. He ended up transfering to Maryland and only played lacrosse. I think he only played one fall semester of football in college.

This is the guy who was a late addition to the Sr bowl, and when he came in he was crushing people blocking. Not much of a reciever they say.

Its cool Yeatman made their team. He was at ND playing lacrosse and football but got a DUI for driving on campus roads designed only for pedestrians at like 4am. He ended up transfering to Maryland and only played lacrosse. I think he only played one fall semester of football in college.

Says here that Yeatman was released and signed by the Dolphins.

1. The Patriots lost two tight ends they were hoping to put on the practice squad. Both players went to division rivals.

Fifth-round pick Lee Smith was claimed by the Bills, according to Adam Schefter. Undrafted rookie Will Yeatman was claimed by the Dolphins, according to Mike Reiss.

He has great reviews as an athletic blocker.

Put 25 pounds on him and we maybe we can have Jason Peters part II this time without the holds

Update:

I guess that wasn't an original thought.

Mike Mayock appears to say the same thing when talking about Lee Smith on his 40 run:

He had 800 yards receiving and 4 TDs at Marshall.

This is an intriguing pickup, its like an extra, late draft pick.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Yea - too bad his "great information" led to what 15 consecutive losses since......

The information Lawyer Milloy provided was clearly a quick fix, not a long-term solution to the problem of how to beat the Patriots. Then again, TD never saw a quick fix he didn't like!

Actually reminds me of Ryan Neufeld, more of a blocking TE with questionable hands but still managed to catch the ball and make the team despite being consistently counted out.

Neufeld was like 34 other Bills TEs over the last 15 years or so. Not big, not fast, not good blocking, not good receiving. They were decent at most everything, did nothing well, and did next to nothing in the games. For a TE to be effective either he has to be a very good receiver OR a very good blocker. There are very few who can do both. But our guys never did either well. Lee Smith is huge and has potential to be a very good blocker. It remains to be seen if he can do it in the NFL on sundays but he has a chance to be a valuable cog if he can block well. I am so sick of the Ryan Neufeld Fine Stupar Royal Campbell Cieslak Euhus Shoumans we have had.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Former Patriots TE Lee Smith was claimed on waivers by Buffalo. Former Cowboys CB Josh Thomas claimed on waivers by Carolina.

Just a few quotes on him:

"Smith had a strong start to camp, and was ahead of Yeatman on the depth chart for the first preseason game. But Yeatman made his move in the second preseason game when he had a chance to play with the starters and seized the chance. "

- http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4701750/te-smith-told-he-will-be-waived

"Smith was a big, mature player who was selected for his ability to contribute right away. Instead, he struggled to get open and was knocked back blocking. Meanwhile, Yeatman, the former lacrosse player, impressed. He’s raw, but there is room to learn."

-http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/09/03/patriots-cut-fifth-round-pick-te-lee-smith/

Smith was one of the guys that I hoped we would get so this is good. Big kid that blocked well in college and had surprising hands. Stinks for Zach thought he would make the practice squad since he made the the 53, maybe latter.

Neufeld was like 34 other Bills TEs over the last 15 years or so. Not big, not fast, not good blocking, not good receiving. They were decent at most everything, did nothing well, and did next to nothing in the games. For a TE to be effective either he has to be a very good receiver OR a very good blocker. There are very few who can do both. But our guys never did either well. Lee Smith is huge and has potential to be a very good blocker. It remains to be seen if he can do it in the NFL on sundays but he has a chance to be a valuable cog if he can block well. I am so sick of the Ryan Neufeld Fine Stupar Royal Campbell Cieslak Euhus Shoumans we have had.

And Smith might be able to play special teams.

Depth at TE and LB generally makes up a percentage of Special Teams.

Probably why are special teams sucked so bad last year.

I think that's also why Ruvell made the roster and not Naaman, Martin has a rep as a good special teamed.

yes and Belicheck implemented the same gameplan for the next "15" losses??? You're missing the point. the fact that we killed NE days after we signed Milloy is the point. I.e. gameplan info.

You are missing the point - We beat them ONE TIME out of the last 16 tries - Milloy's info helped ONE time and it has been nothing but losses since.

He has great reviews as an athletic blocker.

Put 25 pounds on him and we maybe we can have Jason Peters part II this time without the holds

Update:

I guess that wasn't an original thought.

Mike Mayock appears to say the same thing when talking about Lee Smith on his 40 run:

youtube.com/watch?v=pFmUbDGWFN8

He had 800 yards receiving and 4 TDs at Marshall.

This is an intriguing pickup, its like an extra, late draft pick.

Excellent - now the Bills have another TE that will be ignored in the offense.

You are missing the point - We beat them ONE TIME out of the last 16 tries - Milloy's info helped ONE time and it has been nothing but losses since.

Did you think it would last forever? Once that info was out Beli changed at which point Milloy had no more info. Its not like he was a bad pick up as he played well during his time here.