Jahvid Best vs. CJ Spiller

ohioandy

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have on your team?

• Jahvid Best
    • CJ Spiller

thats an awful, awful point. if you can't see the skewed logic in that, well, god help you. who gives a flying !@#$ when someone was drafted or where they went to college.

To answer your question, DreReed83. And that's it

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is such a non issue right now.....

Look....Spiller did not have the rookie year that we hoped he would.....for a combonation of reasons....the MAIN reason is because he needed to work on his blitz pickup.....had he not been such a liability he would have been on the field a lot more....

BUT

You dont make comparisons in a vaccuum.....Best showed more in his first season because he was on the field more....and he made the most out of it....THIS DOES NOT MEAN HE IS THE BETTER BACK....he means that he was the better back last year.....things happen....players work on weaknesses....OC's change up their schemes to feature their potential stars better in the offseason.......

If at some point this year White is taking carries away from CJ spiller then talk to me....CJ is a threat to take it to the house each and every time he touches the ball.....he works into Gailey's receiving scheme perfectly.......lets see what happens this season.

I'm sick of hearing about what a "threat" CJ is. No one cares about empty threats. Come back when he actually does take a couple to the house. Until then, could we please have a moratorium on "he's a threat to score every time he touches the ball"? That statement does not sync up with actual NFL results.

No beef with you personally or your other points. Just really really sick of that one nonsense argument.

I'm sick of hearing about what a "threat" CJ is. No one cares about empty threats. Come back when he actually does take a couple to the house. Until then, could we please have a moratorium on "he's a threat to score every time he touches the ball"? That statement does not sync up with actual NFL results.

No beef with you personally or your other points. Just really really sick of that one nonsense argument.

Fair enough Cash....lets see him run in a couple before we start saying it.....but i think we will end up revisiting this later in the year.

If Spiller were any good, he would get playing time and carries. He is Gailey's hand picked boy. Gailey wants him to succeed but so far he has not shown the ability to play in the NFL, thus he is not getting carries. Best has been getting carries because he has made plays when he was given the chance. If he did not, Detroir would have picked up someone else who could. We have Freddy who is decent. He will continue to get the carries until Spiller outplays him. I personally don't expect that to happen anytime soon. In my opinion Spiller would not have the success in Detroit that Best has had. Best appears to be a better runner. But that is simply my opinion.

People have a tough time understanding LOGIC. According to everyone here, Bills players are the best players in the NFL. I'll just leave it at that. Bunch of homers. :nana:

I'd take Best over Spiller.

CJ hasn't shown anything yet. I keep hearing about how he is showing "flashes". Where?

Good post, exactly how I feel.

People have a tough time understanding LOGIC. According to everyone here, Bills players are the best players in the NFL. I'll just leave it at that. Bunch of homers. :nana:

i'm not a homer, whatsoever. go ahead and look at my posts. but i can sure as hell recognize a stupid point when i see one. trying to say "spiller sucks because he can't overtake a DII RB in Fred Jackson" is on another level of ridiculous.

as for the topic of this thread - the answer is jahvid best for now. but spiller is no where near as worthless as you're making him out to be.

That's SOOOOO untrue rock. Haven't you read DreReed83s posts? They are littered with facts and stats that most definitely prove that best is better than spiller. Actually he's 4x's the back spiller is. The problem is, you have to wear special glasses in order to decode the knowledge he is bestowing on us. The bigger problem is, DreRees83 has the only pair. And he lives in a cave.

The easiest way to reach Drereed's level of thinking is to don a tupperware bowl for a helmet and run straight into a brick wall.

i'm not a homer, whatsoever. go ahead and look at my posts. but i can sure as hell recognize a stupid point when i see one. trying to say "spiller sucks because he can't overtake a DII RB in Fred Jackson" is on another level of ridiculous.

as for the topic of this thread - the answer is jahvid best for now. but spiller is no where near as worthless as you're making him out to be.

Spiller sucks. Period. The fact that he can't overtake Jacksn or not, he hasn't produced. It's not even about taking over the starting RB position. He doesn't see the field because he sucks. End of story. Just like i said Poz wasn't good. Just like i said Demetrius Bell wasn't good. Just like I said Whitner wasn't good. If a player is good, I'll say he's good but I don't see what everyones obsession is with Spiller. Give me a break. Maybe if the defense played with 6 players on the field, he'll produce.

He is worthless. Compared to our recent run of RBs from Travis Henry, Willis McGahee, Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch, Spiller is by far our worst RB since... I don't even know. I'd take Antowain Smith over him RIGHT NOW. I'd take Cookie Gilchrist in his current state over Spiller.

The easiest way to reach Drereed's level of thinking is to don a tupperware bowl for a helmet and run straight into a brick wall.

I'm guessing you've tried this a bunch of times. :thumbsup:

bring it :lol:

Edited by DreReed83

Spiller sucks. Period. The fact that he can't overtake Jacksn or not, he hasn't produced. It's not even about taking over the starting RB position. He doesn't see the field because he sucks. End of story. Just like i said Poz wasn't good. Just like i said Demetrius Bell wasn't good. Just like I said Whitner wasn't good. If a player is good, I'll say he's good but I don't see what everyones obsession is with Spiller. Give me a break. Maybe if the defense played with 6 players on the field, he'll produce.

He is worthless. Compared to our recent run of RBs from Travis Henry, Willis McGahee, Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch, Spiller is by far our worst RB since... I don't even know. I'd take Antowain Smith over him RIGHT NOW. I'd take Cookie Gilchrist in his current state over Spiller.

I'm guessing you've tried this a bunch of times. :thumbsup:

bring it :lol:

lol what a raging douche. nothing like a little self-promotion as a way to show evidence that you're always right. as a miserable fan of a miserable team, i'm incredibly impressed that you predicted a couple players to not become pro-bowlers - well done! to have THAT strong an opinion before a player's 2nd season has even begun shows your ignorance and dickheadedness.

Ok Dre. I never noticed all of your "all RBs drafted in the top 10 should produce rookie year" rants prior. If I would've noticed them, I wouldn't have opened pandoras box.

Btw, ever hear of OJ? How was he in his rookie year?

Talk to me when he becomes a backup RB for some team in a couple years.

Talk to me when Best is out of the league in 3 years due too concussions.

OT- talk to me when Moats is a starter for the bills. Something you said he earned last year. He can't even beat out Chris Kelsey....and you stroke him, meanwhile spiller can't beat out Fred (who is actually good) and you berate him (cuz he's a top 10 pick?). So I guess Moats sucks too.

I refuse to use a rookie year comparison to be the evaluating tool. The Bills have Fred Jackson who would start on at least 2/3's of NFL teams and Spiller's foolish hold out limited his ability to really grasp the NFL and the Bills' offense plus he has Jackon ahead of him.

Over time it is a no-brainer Spiller has much more talent and will have a better career than the concussion prone midget.

Ok Dre. I never noticed all of your "all RBs drafted in the top 10 should produce rookie year" rants prior. If I would've noticed them, I wouldn't have opened pandoras box.

Btw, ever hear of OJ? How was he in his rookie year?

Talk to me when Best is out of the league in 3 years due too concussions.

OT- talk to me when Moats is a starter for the bills. Something you said he earned last year. He can't even beat out Chris Kelsey....and you stroke him, meanwhile spiller can't beat out Fred (who is actually good) and you berate him (cuz he's a top 10 pick?). So I guess Moats sucks too.

I was going to mention the concussions. I think best has a real short shelf life at this level

Edited by NoSaint