Half a BILLION down the drain

Wacka

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trivial amount of money in comparison to the loan.

But still amusing after the ridiculous whining over AIG bonuses, which were likewise trivial in comparison to the bailout.

Yes, it is a trivial amount but giving pay raises and bonuses with what is in effect public money after filing for bankruptcy somehow sticks in my craw. It's also pretty arrogant of them to even propose it.

Yes, it is a trivial amount but giving pay raises and bonuses with what is in effect public money after filing for bankruptcy somehow sticks in my craw. It's also pretty arrogant of them to even propose it.

And the same logic applies as did to AIG: you have to motivate your good people to stay around, an in a bankruptcy, that pretty much amounts to ponying up cash.

I question whether or not Solyndra had good people to begin with...but the logic is sound otherwise.

And the same logic applies as did to AIG: you have to motivate your good people to stay around, an in a bankruptcy, that pretty much amounts to ponying up cash.

I question whether or not Solyndra had good people to begin with...but the logic is sound otherwise.

I'd be fine with it, if those who got bonuses weren't allowed to leave the company....ever!

This Kennedy has it all figured out.

It's disgusting. An excerpt from your link:

"As investigative journalist Peter Schweizer reports in his new book, Throw Them All Out, 80 percent of all $20.5 billion in Department of Energy loans went to President Obama’s top donors, including such megarich one percenter Democrats as Google owners Larry Page and Sergey Brinn, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Ted Turner, John Doerr, and Al Gore."

"As investigative journalist Peter Schweizer reports in his new book, Throw Them All Out, 80 percent of all $20.5 billion in Department of Energy loans went to President Obama's top donors, including such megarich one percenter Democrats as Google owners Larry Page and Sergey Brinn, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Ted Turner, John Doerr, and Al Gore."

Sure. But it's just $16,400,000,000.00 and they're all good people promoting such a nobel cause. And it's "public money" anyway. Get with the program!

Green energy is the new deity of the secular left. It's worshiped regularly at all their altars of political discourse.

Their "Satan" is CO2 and it's as real a danger to the world in their eyes as Santorum's Devil incarnate - the evil prince is to him.

"As investigative journalist Peter Schweizer reports in his new book, Throw Them All Out, 80 percent of all $20.5 billion in Department of Energy loans went to President Obama’s top donors, including such megarich one percenter Democrats as Google owners Larry Page and Sergey Brinn, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Ted Turner, John Doerr, and Al Gore."

Except you're forgetting one thing: if you're someone starting a green energy company, what's your political leaning more likely to be? Or, to put it another way, how many Republicans do you think own green energy companies?

Except you're forgetting one thing: if you're someone starting a green energy company, what's your political leaning more likely to be? Or, to put it another way, how many Republicans do you think own green energy companies?

The emphasis is on the word donor not party affiliation.