time to be positive

I was thinking about all the horrible 1st round picks we've had the last 10 years or so, starting with Mike Williams and I realized something. At this point wondering what "could've been" in those drafts has long since lost significance. The results have come around full circle and actually have put us in quite a nice position. Basically, Had we hit on another guy besides a williams a losman or a Mcargo, we would have maybe had a playoff appearance or two, but hey, we picked Williams Losman and Mcargo. So we got 7-9 records a new coach a Wood a Mckelvin and a Spiller.

Either way, those busts all old now and even the guys we could have picked are old too or getting there. Heck the only solid pick we had, Evans in 2004 is 30 and alot of you here were saying how hes old. even the most recent bust, maybin, led us to once again address the D and pass rush which forced the FO to gamble on Merriman and to draft Dareus. Both of whom look awesome, especially Dareus.

Now regarding Dareus, I think we all know if we had won just one more game last year we would have picked 4rth or worse and not gotten him, and had we lost just two more games we would have drafted first and picked future bust cam newton. Right now wed all be saying "bust bust bust" and worrying about why Cam is playing like crap. SO in my opinion, our limited talent and crappy roster got us just the right amount of wins to land Dareus. That being said last season was my favorite in the last 5 or 6 years, ya we sucked record wise, but i enjoyed nearly every game (for 3 and a half quarters or so!) and at least we beat the Dolphins.(didnt we?)

Sure we can still talk about Lynch Maybin Mckelvin and Spiller but no matter how you slice it, the losers are all gone and here we are with at least a couple decent players and Dareus. You can all give up the dream of getting Luck. We won four games last year with a much weaker defense and trent (limp wrist) turdwards wasting the first two games. Hes where he belongs now(san fran area) and we are going to win 8 or more games this year, I say 9. Timely sacks make a huge difference, remember 95 and bryce paups affect?

This is the year we almost make it, and next year after we draft a good LT we'll be talking playoffs. Go Bills!

Edited by loserlovers

I too am optimistic. I'm one of the few people on this board who believe that McKelvin and Spiller will still become good players in this league.

However, the assertion that the Bills will do well this year is dependent on the fact that we must avoid major injuries 'cause our depth is pathetic. And we all know a healthy roster is extremely unlikely.

I was thinking about all the horrible 1st round picks we've had the last 10 years or so, starting with Mike Williams and I realized something. At this point wondering what "could've been" in those drafts has long since lost significance. The results have come around full circle and actually have put us in quite a nice position. Basically, Had we hit on another guy besides a williams a losman or a Mcargo, we would have maybe had a playoff appearance or two, but hey, we picked Williams Losman and Mcargo. So we got 7-9 records a new coach a Wood a Mckelvin and a Spiller.

Either way, those busts all old now and even the guys we could have picked are old too or getting there. Heck the only solid pick we had, Evans in 2004 is 30 and alot of you here were saying how hes old. even the most recent bust, maybin, led us to once again address the D and pass rush which forced the FO to gamble on Merriman and to draft Dareus. Both of whom look awesome, especially Dareus.

Now regarding Dareus, I think we all know if we had won just one more game last year we would have picked 4rth or worse and not gotten him, and had we lost just two more games we would have drafted first and picked future bust cam newton. Right now wed all be saying "bust bust bust" and worrying about why Cam is playing like crap. SO in my opinion, our limited talent and crappy roster got us just the right amount of wins to land Dareus. That being said last season was my favorite in the last 5 or 6 years, ya we sucked record wise, but i enjoyed nearly every game (for 3 and a half quarters or so!) and at least we beat the Dolphins.(didnt we?)

Sure we can still talk about Lynch Maybin Mckelvin and Spiller but no matter how you slice it, the losers are all gone and here we are with at least a couple decent players and Dareus. You can all give up the dream of getting Luck. We won four games last year with a much weaker defense and trent (limp wrist) turdwards wasting the first two games. Hes where he belongs now(san fran area) and we are going to win 8 or more games this year, I say 9. Timely sacks make a huge difference, remember 95 and bryce paups affect?

This is the year we almost make it, and next year after we draft a good LT we'll be talking playoffs. Go Bills!

I'm too tired to respond to another RIDICULOUS post. So on that note:

Good night

I feel lucky that Carolina drafted Newton, otherwise we might have taken him. We needed Dareus more IMO.

PTR

Good God, me too! We may never know if Channix had aspirations on Newton, but I think they did. Y'all WNY'ers could have heard my huge exhale from Florida when Carolina drafted him, because Denver wasn't likely to.. Miller/Dareus we're my hopes.

In 10 years, we/I may look the fool if Cam is a superstar, but I feel lucky today.

I'm too tired to respond to another RIDICULOUS post. So on that note:

youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Good night

wow thanks for your feedback, well stated, :thumbdown: and why is it ridiculous to say playoffs in two years? whats your prediction then? OrR are you just mad that trents gone, or that we didnt get Cammy?

I'm one of the more negative posters on the board as to the personnel processes we have engaged in, even in the past two years, and I think as fans we are entitled to something more than a three year plan before we are respectable.

HOWEVER...Our defensive line is looking very good and I can't help but think the defensive backfield is going to stop playing badly (they didn't look bad against Jacksonville) and will be a positive as opposed to the mess against the run they were last year. I believe settling on a quarterback (who seems to be quite good) is a great idea and is beginning to pay off. The effect of the loss of Evans is yet to be determined.

Gsiley has always been a strong game day coach.

I think we'll know what we have by the bye week, and we might reasonably hope to be 3-3 at that point.

wow thanks for your feedback, well stated, :thumbdown: and why is it ridiculous to say playoffs in two years? whats your prediction then? OrR are you just mad that trents gone, or that we didnt get Cammy?

You seriously think we'll realistically be making the playoffs in 2 years? This is why you're a Delirious Dreamer. :thumbdown:

Playoffs in 2 years is by no means impossible. A good defense can steal games, and if we can provide pressure and cause turnovers we can win. The lines still a mess, but I think we should make the playoffs over the course of the next 3 seasons. We almost have to make them at some point, even the bengals were able to bounce in and out of the playoffs. This isnt baseball, there isnt a 5 year plan to get there.

Playoffs in 2 years is by no means impossible. A good defense can steal games, and if we can provide pressure and cause turnovers we can win. The lines still a mess, but I think we should make the playoffs over the course of the next 3 seasons. We almost have to make them at some point, even the bengals were able to bounce in and out of the playoffs. This isnt baseball, there isnt a 5 year plan to get there.

left tackle in the upcoming draft, te as well and this team will look real good next season.

We certainly should make the playoffs in two years. Look at Tampa, the Jets and others who have done it with good management and fine personnel decisions. In essence if we make it in two years it would be FOUR years into the Chan Gailey administration. We invaded NORMANDY in less time than that.

we should be between 7 and 9 wins with this team, assuming we can make do with a bad offensive line. We should address the line (albeit ten years late) in the next draft and go to the playoffs next year.

Boy that Von Miller is good and will be a pro bowler for sure. That being said Dareus is the better fit for our needs and will be a mainstay for a very good defensive line for many years to come. Given the choice again I would say go with Dareus...even over Cam Newton. I think we got the best player in the draft.

Boy that Von Miller is good and will be a pro bowler for sure. That being said Dareus is the better fit for our needs and will be a mainstay for a very good defensive line for many years to come. Given the choice again I would say go with Dareus...even over Cam Newton. I think we got the best player in the draft.

Agreed completely. Dareus was the best choice and best player. And I dont mean to take anything away from Newton and Miller who both look like they were good choices.