Who is everyones surprise cut?

There are a couple of guys mentioned that would be huge surprises because theres no way they will be getting cut.

1. Roscoe - Chan loves him, Roscoe and CJ are the "waterbug" guys they talked about wanting, and Chan has said before that he plans to get Roscoe even more involved in the offence with more plays designed for him this season

2. Kelsay - As much as people hate him here and wish him gone, the front office like this guy and they just gave him an extension, he is here for the long haul

3. Thigpen - Who's the #2 QB? Levi hasn't shown anything more then Thigpen and has no experience in the NFL as a backup. And SMITH IS NOT A BACKUP QB, he is going to be listed as the #3 QB on game days because of the new rule that allows you to substitute in the #3 Qb without having to have your starter out all game. It basically creates a "wildcat" position for all teams, allowing them to have a player on the roster for when they want to line up in the wildcat and not have to keep your starting QB on the field as a WR.

4. Bell - He may not end up as the starting LT if Levitre can play it better, but he isn't going to get cut, who would become the backup LT then? At the worst, he becomes the 2nd string LT

5. Hangartner - Cutting him leaves the bills with no real experienced C behind Wood incase of injury. Levitre and Urbik may be the 3rd string emergency C's but this would leave them with no real backup to Wood.

6. McGee and McKelvin - Theres no way they just let either of these guys go for nothing, they aren't that deep at CB until Williams shows he can be a starter

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I had no idea this would get so long until I just fiished and looked at what I put down....

Little to no suprise

Shawn Nelson - I can't beleive he hasn't progressed by now. I was so looking forward to a TE with good hands once he learned to block, but it's very difficult to justify giving him more time

Heard

Jasper - the surprise could be that he's not invited to the Practice Squad if they like Heard better

Ruvell Martin

McCargo He continues to be invisible on the defense :thumbsup:

Felton Huggins - Shows promise but the competition is all as good or is bigger and shows more promise (Aiken). He's the guy who gets the call late in the season to join the team from his couch if we have a rash of injuries.

Not much of a surprise

Buster Davis

Wang - not enough shown, and better to give others the roster spot. I know he's young. Thaty's why he's here instead of the list above

Mansfield Wrotto

Cordaro Howard

Kamar Aiken The kid is huge and starting to show flashes. He's already shown more than James Hardy ever did . If he's cut, the Bills will be lucky to get him to their PS IMO.

Surprise Cuts

Corey McIntyre - If Bills decide to go without a FB this year. I think they'd add another RB, at least to the PS in additiona to Jackson/Spiller/White. I'd love to see Joique Bell cut by the Saints and added by the Bills

Naaman Roosevelt - Great training camp, but injury, good performances by the competition, lack of roster spots and PS eligibility could make him the last Bill cut.

Antonio Coleman - in favor of giving the roster spot to Moats (I know one's playing inside, the other outside)

Arthur Moats - in favor of giving the roster spot to Coleman (I know one's playing inside, the other outside). He outplayed Coleman last year, but not this year so far.

Chris White They might think with his injury and lack of preseason film on him they can get him to the PS

Reggie Corner Maybe belongs in the section above. While he occasionally has a good play, I think he takes risks and is just not consistent enough, and is not going to develop much more. I think he's usually our weak link when on the field.

Shocking but possible

Geoff Hangartner

Thigpen I haven't been impressed, but he's coming in late. I think this is only a possibility if they like another QB out there, likely a veteran. no way is it Brad Smith or Levi Brown after Fitz on the depth chart

Searcy I think the kid gets more time and likely won't be exposed to waivers as a 4th round pick, but I haven't been impressed at all. I think his try at punt returns ahas been horrible and is another reason I would be shocked if Roscoe was let go. Okay, I'm moving Roscoe to the no way section...

David Nelson I think he's solid and the Bills really like him, but there's a hard cut coming at WR and I can't quite say this is impossible, though I'd think they'd sooner cut and try to PS Aiken and/or Roosevelt. One significant WR injury and I don't think any of these guys are on my list.

Kelsay Shocking because they just extended him, not shocking because of his (new high) salary and the progress of the other defenders.

Mentioned by others, but no way

Roscoe - I would be very very surprised if he was cut given what the coaches have said about him, but I can see the pressure from the other WRs to make the roster too. I can't quite say "no way" but it's close... Never mind. No way.

Bell - No way, unless he brings a gun to work and actually fires it.

McGee - A starting CB who is a natural playmaker. Are you crazy? I think he's our best DB in man coverage.

McKelvin - A starting CB who can be a playmaker at times. Are you crazy?

Torell Troup He's making good progress

Spencer Johnson I would have had him on my list of possible cuts at the start of training camp, but not now. He looks 10-20 lbs bigger and stronger to me, mostly around the chest, and looks like a great D-Line rotation guy.

Bryan Scott No way are our safeties only Wilson, Byrd, Searcy and Corto. If we had to, we'd lose Searcy or Crto, but I don't see that happening

FYI ..... John McCargo's employment relationship with the Buffalo Bills football club ended this Spring ... it also marked the end of his long National Football League career where thanks to Aaron Maybin he will not be remembered as the worst first round pick in Bills' history.

FYI ..... John McCargo's employment relationship with the Buffalo Bills football club ended this Spring ... it also marked the end of his long National Football League career where thanks to Aaron Maybin he will not be remembered as the worst first round pick in Bills' history.

It did? Isn't he currently a member of the NFL's Tampa bay team, the Buccaneers?

Edited by apuszczalowski

I was kidding. I just went back and added a note since two people didn't "get it".

My vote is for Corey McIntyre, although I'd hate it.

I think Chris Kelsay is a possibility, especially if someone pops up on the waiver wire that is better suited in the 3-4.

You may be right with corey. He has been a special teams stud but with kickoffs mostly a formaility now, his value diminishes there.

Does anyone on this board watch buffalo bulls games?

I do and I have seen Robert eddins play. I know it's a small college but when we picked him up I was happy.

The dude is a good pass rusher and blocked four kicks last year. When I went to rochester to watch practices, he had a would be sack in all three. He also has two in the preseason. I hope we don't keep kelsay and cut this guy

Naw, they would trade him away for like a 5th or something.

Not sure what team would even give up a 5th for McFumble who seems to be more and more of a bust as time goes by. He started with some promise, but seems like he gets worse every game he plays in. Maybe that game costing fumble two years ago in New England affected him like the concussion in Arizona affected Trent Edwards.

KELSAY!!!!

To show you all how wrong you are about Kelsay, I'll make a prediction. If he gets cut, I bet dollars to donuts he's picked up the same day by someone, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was NE.. :)

Tim-

To show you all how wrong you are about Kelsay, I'll make a prediction. If he gets cut, I bet dollars to donuts he's picked up the same day by someone, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was NE.. :)

Tim-

Without a doubt, especially since they are running a 4/3 now. I don't think he'd get past a lot of other teams though.

Edited by 3rdnlng