Detroit makes me nervous...

They have a obscenely talented Defensive line and we have an offensive line that is passable on their best days. These guys need to find their A-game and bring it.

Chan better start working overtime on protection schemes so Fitz doesn't get killed by Suh, Fairley, Bosch, and Averil. I just want this team to get through this next game without losing any key starters.

Maybe Chan sits Fitz and runs the wild cat for the whole game. :lol:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a obscenely talented Defensive line and we have an offensive line that is passable on their best days. These guys need to find their A-game and bring it.

Chan better start working overtime on protection schemes so Fitz doesn't get killed by Suh, Fairley, Bosch, and Averil. I just want this team to get through this next game without losing any key starters.

It's the fourth preseason game. Odds are Fitz and most of the starters sit. Plus, Fairley has been out all preseason recovering from foot surgery, and is likely to miss the season opener.

Odds are the starters won't play more then 1 series if that. Game 2 and 3 of the pre-season is the only time that starters see more then one series of action. Even Detroit won't have Suh and company in for more then 1 series.

I doubt that there will be any meaningful playing time for any teams starters. And hell it wouldn't surprise me if the Bills O-line got knocked around in their only possession, better O-lines get destroyed by Suh.

Not too worried about it last preseason game and if there line is that good that will be a good test for us.

I would have preferred to play Detroit this past Saturday when the starters get to play.

That would have shown Gailey exactly where both the OL and defense are (Stafford looked pretty freaking sharp). Gailey got a positive read Saturday, but I wonder if it was an accurate read or not.

I still don't understand why you are nervous.

Better to sit fitz after the first series, if even to let him play first series. A bad offensive line versus a stellar defensive line in preseason is a risk we don't need. Our offensive line can use the reps though, as it will face some very good defensive lines in the regular season.

So you weren't nervous when we beat them last year in a real game, but you're nervous now for a series or two in the preseason?? Fitz came out of 4 quarters last year just fine and with a W.

Honestly, why are so many Bills fans willing to be irrational in their doomsaying?

My strategy: take a knee all game.

PTR

Don't let that Knee hit the hard surface of RWS...Seriously....this is the 4th pre season game...The scrubs are going to be playing 4 qtrs for their spot in the 53 man roster or the 8-man PS.

So you weren't nervous when we beat them last year in a real game, but you're nervous now for a series or two in the preseason?? Fitz came out of 4 quarters last year just fine and with a W.

Honestly, why are so many Bills fans willing to be irrational in their doomsaying?

Real games count. You have to take your chances and play your starters and whoever else can contribute. Your last preseason game you have a stellar defensive line against a bad offensive line and a bunch (A BUNCH) of folks trying anything to make the roster. A recipe for disaster. Sit your mvp's and get ready to play real football.

Where is Nervous Guy when you need him?

This game is nothing to be nervous about, just a final tuneup. I don't expect to see Fitz play beyond the 1st quarter, maybe not even beyond the 1st series, so not too concerned about his health. Same with the rest of our key guys.

More concerned with seeing lots of play from the guys 'on the bubble'. Can Wang cut it? (Am rooting for the guy to make the squad - like the 'back-story'...and the 1.3 billion potential jersey sales!) Is there enough room for Big Mike? (Who doesn't love '69'?) Which of our remaining 10 WRs and 5 TEs get visits from The Turk?

Now we're gettin' real close to real football...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup: