Fitzy's Clean Shaven Look

Should Fitzpatrick Keep the Clean Shaven Look?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should Fitzy Regrow the beard?

• No way, I like my QB's smooth as a cue ball
    • Hell Yes, How can we have the Amish Rifle with no beard?

The U.S. Army believes that shaving encourages discipline and conformity in the the military services.

U.S. Grant, one of the most famous generals of all time would beg to differ. Not to mention the sheer amount of other admirals in the 19th and early 20th centuries that had full beards who are now revered. That is complete and utter bull, let me tell you.

The only reason why it is not allowed now is because 'it doesn't guarantee a full seal on a gas mask', which I think is also totally bogus. Men are inspired by quality leadership, coolness under fire, and a great example of conduct, not because of no beard.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not to mention the "Ben Rothlisberger won a superbowl while wearing a beard" effect.

Big Ben proves my theory - its not facial hair, its perineal hair that makes the difference.

LOL! You've proved my theory! As a clean-shaven ROOKIE in '04 Ro-berger went 13-0, and set a record for best start for an NFL rookie! He lost in the AFC championship game to the Patriots and an equally clean-shaven Tom Brady. So you see, unlike Fitz, by the time big Ben started rocking face hair, he already had the respect of his teamates (as well as everyone else.) Oh, and that beard did him no good at superbowl 40! It was one of the WORST passing games of his career. he was 9 for 21 with two interceptions, and would have been LOST without the Steeler's running game.

Edited by #34fan

You beat me to it. I think Fitz's success wasn't due to his freshly shaved face, but his freshly shaved scrotum. The secret to success for superbowl champs and olympic gold medalists has for years been a little known, highly guarded secret only their wives and mistresses and gay lovers know - the freshly shaved scrotum, taint and ass.

The ultra liberating, ultra clean feeling it imparts leads to rim chews off the field and athletic exceptionalism on it.

For the Bills to succeed this year, they all need to start shaving their balls and ass.

:beer:

You guys are right, it's all about me.

Wait, what?

I can only hope you created that name in hope of this exact situation. Hilarious.

Also thank you #34Fan this is probably my favorite thread ever.

I think we can all agree that being clean shaven (or having minimal stubble) is the building block for an all pro quarterback. Fitzpatrick has made the largest strides in his career just by shaving that small animal off his face. Some people are meant to grow beards (Karl Marx, Jesus, Santa) but Fitz is not.

Edited by Billsrhody

U.S. Grant, one of the most famous generals of all time would beg to differ. Not to mention the sheer amount of other admirals in the 19th and early 20th centuries that had full beards who are now revered. That is complete and utter bull, let me tell you.

The only reason why it is not allowed now is because 'it doesn't guarantee a full seal on a gas mask', which I think is also totally bogus. Men are inspired by quality leadership, coolness under fire, and a great example of conduct, not because of no beard.

Nice Avatar. So you believe in "Lord Of the rings" but not in the psychological benefits of simple good hygiene. Wow. Just frickin' wow.

Oh stop it. Anyone could have taken that job off Edwards. Fitz's rise was FAR from meteoric. That said, I was impressed to see a little spring in the guy's step. He honestly played like a different QB.

Thats not the point, Fitz took the job and ran with it to the point that everyone annointed him the starter this year before training camp. This was the first time he had ever gone into camp as the #1 guy, and also i believe the first time he had gone into camp with a beard.

Scoring 17 points in one half of a game isn't exactly lighting it up, HOF worthy playing.

I certainly hope so. Fitz plays 100% differently without all that face-cabbage. He has more confidence, better accuracy, and makes better decisions. The U.S. Army believes that shaving encourages discipline and conformity in the the military services. I personally think Fitz dumped a lot of baggage when he cut it off. All of that bad ju-ju from last season was just gone. He played lighter on his feet, and more in control. Of course beards aren't patently bad. Still, the presence of one can be accompanied by stubborness, pessimism, a sense of entititlement, and an overall "leave me alone" attitude -Not qualities found in successful QB's. I say, "why start off on the wrong foot?" LEAVE IT OFF. If the fans and the team can see a diference, it can't be dismissed as mere coincidence.

This :thumbsup: is better that this :ph34r:

This might be one of the most juvenile points of view I've ever read on here. Are you serious?

He's a 7th round pick for a reason. He doesn't have the rocket arm, precise passing, or quick feet like first round picks do; but he has "football smarts" which cannot be measured. I am not trashing Fitz in any way at all. It's a compliment if anything.

The fact that he turned his 7th round draft stock into a starting qb in the NFL really says alot about his character

And it talks about how desperate a certain team, in a land that gets a lot of snow, really is......

This might be one of the most juvenile points of view I've ever read on here. Are you serious?

Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa. -WHOA!

We're not talking about a lucky rabbits foot, here people. Or a lucky shirt, or a pair of shoes. We're not rubbing on some inanimate peice of memorabilia, hoping for good fortune.

You folks saw exactly what I saw in the first quarter. There was a marked difference in Fitz's composure, decision-making, and accuracy. As a result, there was also a marked difference in the performance of the offense as a whole. The only difference between this week and the last two, is the absence of the shrubbery on his face. Fundamentally, I believe that change is good. Changes in appearance can have drastic effects on the way we live our lives and play our games. THAT IS A FACT. Last week Fitz played like a true professional. I think the fact that he also LOOKED like one, may have had something to do with that.

LOL! You've proved my theory! As a clean-shaven ROOKIE in '04 Ro-berger went 13-0, and set a record for best start for an NFL rookie! He lost in the AFC championship game to the Patriots and an equally clean-shaven Tom Brady. So you see, unlike Fitz, by the time big Ben started rocking face hair, he already had the respect of his teamates (as well as everyone else.) Oh, and that beard did him no good at superbowl 40! It was one of the WORST passing games of his career. he was 9 for 21 with two interceptions, and would have been LOST without the Steeler's running game.

BAM!

Nice Avatar. So you believe in "Lord Of the rings" but not in the psychological benefits of simple good hygiene. Wow. Just frickin' wow.

What does the avatar have to do with my comments??? Wow, that is an utter stretch instead of rebuttal. I'm sure that bearded men on this board everywhere would be offended that you think their beard is unhygenic. Talk about WOW...

BTW, the avatar represents Ralph Wilson in deep slumber like Theoden, the King of Rohan, completely devoid of real control of his 'kingdom'

<_<

Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa. -WHOA!

We're not talking about a lucky rabbits foot, here people. Or a lucky shirt, or a pair of shoes. We're not rubbing on some inanimate peice of memorabilia, hoping for good fortune.

You folks saw exactly what I saw in the first quarter. There was a marked difference in Fitz's composure, decision-making, and accuracy. As a result, there was also a marked difference in the performance of the offense as a whole. The only difference between this week and the last two, is the absence of the shrubbery on his face. Fundamentally, I believe that change is good. Changes in appearance can have drastic effects on the way we live our lives and play our games. THAT IS A FACT. Last week Fitz played like a true professional. I think the fact that he also LOOKED like one, may have had something to do with that.

Thank you for clarifying, now I know that you are not serious at all.