Fitzy's Clean Shaven Look

Should Fitzpatrick Keep the Clean Shaven Look?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should Fitzy Regrow the beard?

• No way, I like my QB's smooth as a cue ball
    • Hell Yes, How can we have the Amish Rifle with no beard?

Even Rodgers?? who the hell is that?

Dan Fouts had a beard... he was pretty good.

Fouts was pretty good...never won it all but probably should have.

Bradshaw had a beard much of the time and he was pretty good too-He did win it all.

Jeff Hostetler-Mustache-Won the Superbowl!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who cares? You're trying to make Fitz out to be some clean cut all-american superstar qb like manning, brady and rivers. Fitz has his own swagger, doesn't try to be a pretty boy or conform to the "all american" qb look.

He's a workhorse, and has more heart than anyone I've seen in a long time. I could care less about his facial hair (or lack there of). His intangibles are what makes him such a loveable guy and a reason why he's a starter in the NFL.

I wish that all the bills would grow them. Build some unity and get some attitude. One thisng this team, definitely lacks.

This is beginning to look like major league. i just wish they would get some attitiude and some swagger and play like it.

I don't care what he looks like. He has his own image which is fine with me.

He had one good (pre season) game without a beard. I have a feeling that performance and facial hair length aren't strongly correlated

No? Then why do swimmers, bodybuilders, and tiatheletes steadfastly try to eliminate body hair before a competition? How do YOU feel after a nice shave or a haircut.

No? Then why do swimmers, bodybuilders, and tiatheletes steadfastly try to eliminate body hair before a competition? How do YOU feel after a nice shave or a haircut.

Swimmers are hairless to shave split seconds off their time.

Bodybuilding is basically synonymous with a beauty pageant. It's not performance related.

There was a Canadian triathlete who won a gold with carpet-like hair on his chest.

You're over-analyzing this. Football isn't a beauty contest or a game consisting of split seconds. It requires strength, heart and ability; all of which Fitz possesses: beard or no beard.

I wish that all the bills would grow them. Build some unity and get some attitude. One thisng this team, definitely lacks.

This is beginning to look like major league. i just wish they would get some attitiude and some swagger and play like it.

But see you've got it all wrong. Attitude and swagger comes with success and maturation. WINS develop swagger. -Not beards. In some cultures a young man isn't allowed to grow a beard without certain rites of passage. I think if this team goes 11-5 this year, they will have EARNED the right to rock scraggly beards.

But see you've got it all wrong. Attitude and swagger comes with success and maturation. WINS develop swagger. -Not beards. In some cultures a young man isn't allowed to grow a beard without certain rites of passage. I think if this team goes 11-5 this year, they will have EARNED the right to rock scraggly beards.

If there was ever a model for an NFL team, its clearly the Taliban. What are your thoughts on pubes? Bush = not a team player?

If there was ever a model for an NFL team, its clearly the Taliban. What are your thoughts on pubes? Bush = not a team player?

Did he, or did he not play sharper than he has in a long time?

Edited by #34fan

You beat me to it. I think Fitz's success wasn't due to his freshly shaved face, but his freshly shaved scrotum. The secret to success for superbowl champs and olympic gold medalists has for years been a little known, highly guarded secret only their wives and mistresses and gay lovers know - the freshly shaved scrotum, taint and ass.

The ultra liberating, ultra clean feeling it imparts leads to rim chews off the field and athletic exceptionalism on it.

For the Bills to succeed this year, they all need to start shaving their balls and ass.

Beards kick @ss

Fitzy went from 7th round draft pick, career second stringer to starter of an NFL franchise when he grew a beard. Yet onw preseason game played well and all of the sudden theres a problem with the beard? Long live the Amish Rifle!

Oh stop it. Anyone could have taken that job off Edwards. Fitz's rise was FAR from meteoric. That said, I was impressed to see a little spring in the guy's step. He honestly played like a different QB.

Oh stop it. Anyone could have taken that job off Edwards. Fitz's rise was FAR from meteoric. That said, I was impressed to see a little spring in the guy's step. He honestly played like a different QB.

I'm telling you, its all about the PUBES! His wife probably at his ass right before the game.

I wouldn't be quick to discount ANYTHING that has a positive effect on a losing team.

Could you provide a little more color on the beard - performance ratio? I've run my own simulation and re-crunched the numbers and I think your model ignore the Grizzly Adams effect. Are you calculating the model under the McGavin assumption (ie: Grizzly Adams has no beard) or are you using the Trevino hypothesis (ie: Grizzly Adams had a beard)? Please explain how your theory treats the ZZ Top outlier, and the weighting assigned to moustache and sideburns.

Could you provide a little more color on the beard - performance ratio? I've run my own simulation and re-crunched the numbers and I think your model ignore the Grizzly Adams effect. Are you calculating the model under the McGavin assumption (ie: Grizzly Adams has no beard) or are you using the Trevino hypothesis (ie: Grizzly Adams had a beard)? Please explain how your theory treats the ZZ Top outlier, and the weighting assigned to moustache and sideburns.

Not to mention the "Ben Rothlisberger won a superbowl while wearing a beard" effect.

Big Ben proves my theory - its not facial hair, its perineal hair that makes the difference.

post-12113-052682400 1314645263_thumb.jpg

A QB who hasn't thrown for a touchdown all pre-season, shaves his filthy face-rug, and then procedes to FRY the dang scoreboard. What do I think? I think that Fitz "cleaning up his act" subconsciously encouraged his young offense to do the same. I think discarding the "sasquatch mask" he's been hiding behind all this time had a profound effect on the way he played the game as well. Personally, a haircut and a shave makes me feel positive, and rejuvenated. I can think of far stranger pre-game rituals.