Why so much hate for ex-Bills?

Why do some fans (seems to be the same ones) need to bad mouth or downplay there ability or contribution made to the team? I've seen it with Peters, Mcgahee, Lynch,Poz, and most recently Evans? I've even seen it towards Freddie jackson and he is still on the team! I don't get it! Does it make you feel better to say he is a bum and he can't play or help the team? There seems to be a losing mentality among Bills teams and fans that anyone leaving or being traded must be no good.

I am all for rooting for my favorite sports team and the players who play for the Bills. But the homer-ism and negativity is pretty extreme on both sides. You have some posters who will jump all over you if you say anything negative about the team, then there are the negative nancies who never have anything good to say. it reminds me of the feuding between the left and the right in politics. I thinks it stupid in politics and in this forum.

Thanks for letting me rant. As always GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

Not so much hate, but the "they are bums, can't help this team, don't fit the system" posters. I even seen some posts saying they are overrated. How can they be overrated on this team?

It's not really apt to say it's badmouthing Lee Evans to say that he doesn't fit the system. His numbers kind of bear that out over the last few seasons. I love Lee Evans and hope he does well with the Ravens, but at this point, frankly, I'm more excited to see the young receivers -- as a UB alum am happy to see Namaan likely make the team (and he looked good in the games he played and from what i've heard in pre-season). Ok, maybe I'll regret these words if SJ is double-teamed and we're 3 and out most drives, but Jones, Nelson, and Roosevelt were all exciting to watch and helped make last year's 4-12 season more watchable and hopeful than that dreadful array of moribund 7-9/6-10 Jauron teams.

It's not really apt to say it's badmouthing Lee Evans to say that he doesn't fit the system.

shouldn't the "system" be designed around the abilities of the team's top performers? i think we get too mired down in "systems." a good football player is a good football player. a good coach should create "systems" that best employ the talents of their top players.

it's clear that the front office thought lee's abilities weren't up to snuff. if he sucks, then they were right. if not, it's on them. we won't know who was right until january. or, if lee lights it up, maybe september.

Why do some fans (seems to be the same ones) need to bad mouth or downplay there ability or contribution made to the team? I've seen it with Peters, Mcgahee, Lynch,Poz, and most recently Evans? I've even seen it towards Freddie jackson and he is still on the team! I don't get it! Does it make you feel better to say he is a bum and he can't play or help the team? There seems to be a losing mentality among Bills teams and fans that anyone leaving or being traded must be no good.

I am all for rooting for my favorite sports team and the players who play for the Bills. But the homer-ism and negativity is pretty extreme on both sides. You have some posters who will jump all over you if you say anything negative about the team, then there are the negative nancies who never have anything good to say. it reminds me of the feuding between the left and the right in politics. I thinks it stupid in politics and in this forum.

Thanks for letting me rant. As always GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

Buffalo Bills fans are the worst haters in the league. They hate so completely and blindly that they can't even acknowledge that anyone we have ever let go because they wanted to get paid were worth it. They are like whiney ex girl friends after they get dumped. I saw some post somewhere where a fan of another team was joking about putting together a great team with the people we trade away or let walk. You know what? It's 1000% true. Honestly not every player we have let go was worth the money but many of them were.

I read an article that someone in this forum provided a link to which sadly really opened my eyes. It dealt with the concept that a losing team that spent well under the cap could actually make more money than a winning team that spent to the cap. The concept was based upon every NFL team getting television revenue and selling some base percentage of their tickets which is the case. If a team annually spends 5, 10, 15 million under the cap every year that effectively is almost PURE PROFIT! Teams can up their income/reduce their expenditures and make more money than other teams that are perennial winners.

Meanwhile our fans drink the Kool Aide and argue about greedy, lazy, fat, "thug" non team players that don't deserve to be on the GREAT Bills team and enjoy the sunny warm weather, the night life and the beautiful beach body women. They even question the validity of probowl nominations saying it is a popularity contest. If it is a popularity contest how does unpopular as hell Buffalo and Buffalo Bills players ever make it????? What is really going on is that any player that becomes any good and wants fair market value for their services is shown the door. Why? Not because they aren't worth the money but because the team is more profitable by over paying for mediocre and never paying for elite.

Instead of the fan base holding the organization's feet to the fire for getting rid of the good guys we actually are DUMB enough to applaud them for not giving in to these greedy players and sing their praises for getting rid of "thug" player "X" or saying it was time to get rid of player "Y" because they have some pet practice squad or late round draft pick guy they are pulling for that should be starting.

IDIOTS!!!!!

Buffalo Bills fans are the worst haters in the league. They hate so completely and blindly that they can't even acknowledge that anyone we have ever let go because they wanted to get paid were worth it. They are like whiney ex girl friends after they get dumped. I saw some post somewhere where a fan of another team was joking about putting together a great team with the people we trade away or let walk. You know what? It's 1000% true. Honestly not every player we have let go was worth the money but many of them were.

I read an article that someone in this forum provided a link to which sadly really opened my eyes. It dealt with the concept that a losing team that spent well under the cap could actually make more money than a winning team that spent to the cap. The concept was based upon every NFL team getting television revenue and selling some base percentage of their tickets which is the case. If a team annually spends 5, 10, 15 million under the cap every year that effectively is almost PURE PROFIT! Teams can up their income/reduce their expenditures and make more money than other teams that are perennial winners.

Meanwhile our fans drink the Kool Aide and argue about greedy, lazy, fat, "thug" non team players that don't deserve to be on the GREAT Bills team and enjoy the sunny warm weather, the night life and the beautiful beach body women. They even question the validity of probowl nominations saying it is a popularity contest. If it is a popularity contest how does unpopular as hell Buffalo and Buffalo Bills players ever make it????? What is really going on is that any player that becomes any good and wants fair market value for their services is shown the door. Why? Not because they aren't worth the money but because the team is more profitable by over paying for mediocre and never paying for elite.

Instead of the fan base holding the organization's feet to the fire for getting rid of the good guys we actually are DUMB enough to applaud them for not giving in to these greedy players and sing their praises for getting rid of "thug" player "X" or saying it was time to get rid of player "Y" because they have some pet practice squad or late round draft pick guy they are pulling for that should be starting.

IDIOTS!!!!!

dude, lay off the peppermint schnapps.

shouldn't the "system" be designed around the abilities of the team's top performers? i think we get too mired down in "systems." a good football player is a good football player. a good coach should create "systems" that best employ the talents of their top players.

it's clear that the front office thought lee's abilities weren't up to snuff. if he sucks, then they were right. if not, it's on them. we won't know who was right until january. or, if lee lights it up, maybe september.

Right but if you are building and 9-10 guys fit the scheme your hoping to employ it makes sense to get value out of the one. Not a crazy concept.

Might not be the case here though. I just don't know he's the type of player at his age and skillset that you change the course for unless you can't get anything. I've been torn on this one.

Nah that makes too much sense. It's best to pass on good football players in the draft who may not fit your almighty system and instead pick crappy players who supposedly do. See 2006!

It's not really apt to say it's badmouthing Lee Evans to say that he doesn't fit the system. His numbers kind of bear that out over the last few seasons. I love Lee Evans and hope he does well with the Ravens, but at this point, frankly, I'm more excited to see the young receivers -- as a UB alum am happy to see Namaan likely make the team (and he looked good in the games he played and from what i've heard in pre-season). Ok, maybe I'll regret these words if SJ is double-teamed and we're 3 and out most drives, but Jones, Nelson, and Roosevelt were all exciting to watch and helped make last year's 4-12 season more watchable and hopeful than that dreadful array of moribund 7-9/6-10 Jauron teams.

The Bills have a system??