Hurricane Irene

and just as I had predicted the baggers are up in arms over Obamals handling of the storm.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/08/rightbloggers_t_2.php

I have the distinct impression that Obama handled the storm about like he handled Libya. Not that there was necessarily anything wrong with the way he made the winds calm down and kept the storm on its predictable path.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, he handled it much better than Libya. He golfed and made a pretty speech.

So sarcastic. Give him a break. The guy cut short his vacation to be "hands on" for the hurricane. I'm sure it had nothing to do with Martha's Vineyard being right in the path of it.

storm is barely five minutes over yet one had to know this was coming from the future republican nominee for president:

http://thinkprogress.org/green/2011/08/29/306436/bachamnn-hurricane-message-god/

She really is a bit off. Having her on the Republican ticket in any capacity is really Obama's best hope. Well that or the economy rebounds. So essentially, his best hope. I think Perry can win, but he really shouldn't have Palin or Bachmann as the VP candidate. Palin because she is too polarizing and Bachmann because she WILL say something stupid that will cost him the election.

She really is a bit off. Having her on the Republican ticket in any capacity is really Obama's best hope. Well that or the economy rebounds. So essentially, his best hope. I think Perry can win, but he really shouldn't have Palin or Bachmann as the VP candidate. Palin because she is too polarizing and Bachmann because she WILL say something stupid that will cost him the election.

By the looks of things, he very well may end up winning the GOP nomination. Could the American public vote for another Texan?

However the big difference between him and Bush is that Perry really is a rootin tootin cowboy. On one hand he as an accomplished record and is a take charge kinda guy which of course is the anithesis of Obama, on the other he's your stereotypical Texan, who just has a knack for saying the dumbest ****.

Edited by Magox

the truth bursts your neocon myths doesn't it?

anyways looks like Hurrican Barry (as the teabagger movement refers to it as) has already caused 10 deaths and 3 million households to lose power. Should be intersting to hear all the con criticism tomorrow. I'll post my favorite examples here in the coming days.

Keep looking for the news douchebag. Maybe you can focus on the local rags up NYS Thruway from Catskills to the Adirondacks through to the Green Mountains. How's that devastation for you? Where the 'f is FEMA? Better yet, where are the TV cameras with millions of people displaced and out of power, and no restoration in sight?

Oh wait, these communities should fend for themselves because that's how they've been raised. But keep searching out wacked out blogs & comments that prove irrefutably that Obama hates white people in rural America. You & Dave in Elma should start a TV show, it would be a hoot.

..... Bachmann because she WILL say something stupid that will cost him the election.

Like this?

"I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?'" Bachmann said at a campaign event in Sarasota on Sunday.

"Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending," she said.

Keep looking for the news douchebag.

The whole beauty of this entire thread is that Hedd, like the president, somehow feels that by looking as if he did a better job than Bush in the face of a hurricane, that it will somehow elevate the current POTUS to some status that is even remotely electable.

The simple truth is that any effort spent criticizing Obama for anything Irene-related is like criticizing BP right after the oil spill for not keeping fresh donuts at the BP gas stations.

The president has bigger problems than how he's perceived standing next to Irene. Much bigger. And as he has repeatedly stated, he can not and will not rest until he is able to take out every ATM machine standing in the way of job growth. Because this time, when he says he's going to pivot like a laser on jobs, he might actually mean it.

Edited by LABillzFan

The whole beauty of this entire thread is that Hedd, like the president, somehow feels that by looking as if he did a better job than Bush in the face of a hurricane, that it will somehow elevate the current POTUS to some status that is even remotely electable.

The simple truth is that any effort spent criticizing Obama for anything Irene-related is like criticizing BP right after the oil spill for not keeping fresh donuts at the BP gas stations.

The president has bigger problems than how he's perceived standing next to Irene. Much bigger. And as he has repeatedly stated, he can not and will not rest until he is able to take out every ATM machine standing in the way of job growth. Because this time, when he says he's going to pivot like a laser on jobs, he might actually mean it.

Dude, I am glad you are back. I have missed the wit you throw out in your posts :thumbsup:

sad when NJ governor Chris "I'm very bloated" Christie is asking his own party to stop with the politics to get some FEMA aid for his state.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/62445.html

That's what it comes down to... people being human beings first and poisonous politicians an extremely distant second.

Edited by BmoreBills

sad when NJ governor Chris "I'm very bloated" Christie is asking his own party to stop with the politics to get some FEMA aid for his state.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/62445.html

What has to be understood about the bagger mindset is that this is not a big deal or hypocritical in the least. Afterall there has been a thread started here about the need for a Christie or Ryan to run for president.

Remember it is a small and moronic group...but that hypocritical mindset is still there amongst the baggers.

Let it steep.