Hurricane Irene

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no. People had to wait 5 days (more like 2-3) for rescue after not leaving when warned and getting hit by an unprecedented disaster. Boo. Hoo.

The rescuers worked miracles. The rescued were mostly idiots who should have been left to Darwin.

The single good thing about Irene hitting the Tidewater area is that the rain should put out the fire that's been burning in the Great Dismal Swamp for almost two months.

That and the fact it gives partisan idiots something sort of but not really different to bicker about.

The single good thing about Irene hitting the Tidewater area is that the rain should put out the fire that's been burning in the Great Dismal Swamp for almost two months.

+1

I just bought a house in Suffolk and it's been smokey all month

That and the fact it gives partisan idiots something sort of but not really different to bicker about.

+~

All politics aside. Stay safe my friends.

Well, Christie is already smarter than the Governor of LA when Kristina hit. He already called out the National Guard. Probably already notified FEMA.

Heck... I work for the Corps of Engineers and they were already taking names on a list for possible deployment (with FEMA) to the East Coast... This was being done on Thursday. If my supervisor lets me, I will go... But it can't be too many of the operators here seeing that we work a 24/7/365 schedule and there would be nobody to fill in for the essential personnel.

To its credit... The chain with FEMA was also started early with Katrina... Many days early. If I remember corretly my district was point for ice and water. How did that turn out? :lol: Yet.. the distribution network was in place well before the storm.

You realize Dems blamed bush for katrina

I always blamed trees on the levees and bad pumps... Even before Katrina... :P

In case you haven't noticed, the big difference between the two is that the state & local governments are a lot more involved now. If you want to blame anybody for the thousands of lives in Katrina (was it thousands?) look at the locals & states in LA, AL, MS. By the time feds come in, it's too late.

Yet.. The system was in place well before Katrina. State and local governments were innvolved with Katrina... Just the way the storm took place, shot to hell all the logistics. If you remember w/ Katrina... Nola looked like it was fairing well and would ride out the storm... Them whamo, in the last minute of the game, all hell broke loose... IMO, the system in place let their guard down.

Never pass up an opportunity to be a douchebag?

the truth bursts your neocon myths doesn't it?

anyways looks like Hurrican Barry (as the teabagger movement refers to it as) has already caused 10 deaths and 3 million households to lose power. Should be intersting to hear all the con criticism tomorrow. I'll post my favorite examples here in the coming days.

Oh no. People had to wait 5 days (more like 2-3) for rescue after not leaving when warned and getting hit by an unprecedented disaster. Boo. Hoo.

The rescuers worked miracles. The rescued were mostly idiots who should have been left to Darwin.

Racist.

the truth bursts your neocon myths doesn't it?

anyways looks like Hurrican Barry (as the teabagger movement refers to it as) has already caused 10 deaths and 3 million households to lose power. Should be intersting to hear all the con criticism tomorrow. I'll post my favorite examples here in the coming days.

everyone knows that Obama himself generated this storm to kill off all the evil rich people Hedd. You just won't admit it is all...

+2

people also forget the scope of katrina and how much destruction there was . Due to so much wind damage , debris and flooding on a massive scale the logistical infrastructure was severely effected .

:lol: Most of those were a reach...and you had to go to the Village Voice to find them.

The extents you'll go to, to justify yourself to yourself.

I got about three-quarters of the way through the article before I realized the really surprising part was the realization that the Village Voice still exists.

:lol: Most of those were a reach...and you had to go to the Village Voice to find them.

The extents you'll go to, to justify yourself to yourself.

ha I knew teabag Tom would object to the source although the Voice hasn't been remotely considered alternative since the Raygun era. Anyways all the bagger links are in the article.

ha I knew teabag Tom would object to the source although the Voice hasn't been remotely considered alternative since the Raygun era.

Maybe not to someone left of you who considers MSNBC conservative...but the rest of the world is well aware that the Voice is farther left of center than...I dunno, someone really far left of center.

But that's not the point. The point is...

Anyways all the bagger links are in the article.

And the only place you'll find anyone paying any attention to them is outlets like the Village Voice...because only idiots like you take them seriously, and then only to justify your own little idiot world-view (because there's no other justification you can provide for the retarded consideration of an analogy comparing Obama's economic policies to a hurricane as criticism of Obama's handling of a hurricane. :wallbash:)