Am I the only one who thinks Fred Jackson is being a huge baby?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is underpaid. Please address that issue. Thanks.

He is very underpaid, when you compare him to what they pay for production at other spots on this team(Kelsay for one). However he is a Rb they discovered and used and he signed the contract nobody held a gun to his head. If he wants to be traded because they are giving a Rb they used theyre 1st rd pick on last year to see if he was worth the pick and he has a problem with it then he is very naive(sp). They have to see if Spiller can be the back they used that pick on. I doubt he is and I think Jackson is a much better back than Spiller but they do need to find out. He should keep his mouth quiet till he actually loses the job..

Let's see...

In 2007, the Bills trade Willis and Marv spends all winter talking about what a special player Fred Jackson, who hails from his alma matre is. Then the team turns around and drafts Marshawn Lynch in the first round.

In 2008, Jackson clearly outplays Lynch. Then Jauron inexplicably hands the starting job to Lynch after coming off his suspension in 2009. After Jauron is fired, Perry Fewell has the good sense to reinstate Freddy as the feature back. Fred has a career year.

In 2010, the new regime comes is -- eschews trade possibilities for Lynch and drafts Spiller. Spiller isn't ready for prime time, and the Bills do everything they can to showcase Lynch for a trade. When they finally trade Lynch to Seattle, Fred finally gets the carries he deserves -- and produces.

Now entering 2011, he faces the possibility of losing his starting job again to Spiller, who still hasn't proven anything.

So, no, he is not being a baby.

+1. Anyone in his situation would be pissed off.

Read Sullivan this morning and then read the comment by Chris Krueger below the article. Absolutely destroys Sullivan and he's 100% right. What does Fred Jackson think? That he's gonna go to another team and get 300 carries? Every team in the league uses a platoon system. Of course he's gonna end up with more carries than Spiller this year. They're going to try to win, which means they're gonna give carries to the back that is producing. But of course Spiller needs the touches in the preseason. I have the organization's back 100% on this one. Just as long as they don't trade him.

I agree with you 1000% percent. The NFL is a cut throat business and if you don't have the balls with it to deal then go find a different line of work. All I have to say to Freddie is to suck it up and take like a man. The NFL is a mans league so deal with it. no kitty's are excepted .

Edited by shadowcat10

I agree with you 1000% percent. The NFL is a cut throat business and if you don't have the balls with it to deal then go find a different line of work. All I have to say to Freddie is to suck it up and take like a man. The NFL is a mans league so deal with it. no kitty's are excepted .

Who knew that Fred Jackson of all people was a diva. Next time he's asked about playing time, he needs to say "that's a question to ask the head coach, I don't make those decisions."

Dumbest controversy ever, since in today's NFL you need two backs and to spread the carries around.

Read Sullivan this morning and then read the comment by Chris Krueger below the article. Absolutely destroys Sullivan and he's 100% right. What does Fred Jackson think? That he's gonna go to another team and get 300 carries? Every team in the league uses a platoon system. Of course he's gonna end up with more carries than Spiller this year. They're going to try to win, which means they're gonna give carries to the back that is producing. But of course Spiller needs the touches in the preseason. I have the organization's back 100% on this one. Just as long as they don't trade him.

Fred is most certainly being a baby about this.