Raiders take Pryor in the 3rd round

Got_Wood

Via Schefter...

@AdamSchefter The official language: The Oakland Raiders selected Terrelle Pryor, QB, Ohio State, in the 18th position of Round 3.

Not shocking and it goes with what I said in my original Pryor post down the page; some team with no brain in their head would take him in the 3rd. It's funny when stereotypes come true. Of course the Raiders wanted him, he runs fast :w00t:

I kinda wish Davis had put in his claim in the 4th. I'd have been interested to see if Buffalo would have tried to put in a claim after acquiring a 2nd 4th rounder for Evans....

Not shocking and it goes with what I said in my original Pryor post down the page; some team with no brain in their head would take him in the 3rd. It's funny when stereotypes come true. Of course the Raiders wanted him, he runs fast :w00t:

I kinda wish Davis had put in his claim in the 4th. I'd have been interested to see if Buffalo would have tried to put in a claim after acquiring a 2nd 4th rounder for Evans....

That may very well be exactly why they put a claim in the 3rd figuring the 4th is where multiple teams would have given serious consideration.

Even though I thought there was virtually no chance of the Bills drafting Pryor, because of the new 3rd QB rules, his talent makes him a lot more valuable to his team, and he could be put in packages and play right away, even though he can't throw all that great, the same way Gailey is going to use Brad Smith. Tebow, even though I think will never be a legitimate QB in this league, will probably be used the same way, and good for his team. Not sure I would have used a third, but that's probably a good pick for the Raiders.

Raiders :lol:

Boy, if that isn't proof this guy has no future I don't what what is!

Ouch. Getting drafted by the Raiders. They will ruin any chance he had at having a good NFL carrear. Glad to see the bills didn't try to get him in the 3rd. I bet if he lasted to the 4th we would have got him.

Anyone know if any of the other supp. players got drafted?

I'm shocked he went as high as the 3rd round. Does Drew Rosenhaus have a soul? Sure Drew, Prior is a 1st round QB. And you were also on the phone with multiple GM's right before the Bills drafted Willis McGahee. <_<

That may very well be exactly why they put a claim in the 3rd figuring the 4th is where multiple teams would have given serious consideration.

they traded thier 2nd and 4th round picks in the 2012 draft last year. so it was pick him in the 3rd and get him or put in a 5th and maybe get him

Raiders dont have a 4th round pick in next years draft. They had to either pick him in 3rd or hope still was there in 5th.

It may be - but more likely it's because Jason Campbell took a knee to the head on Saturday, and they got a good look at backup Trent Edwards and his 29.2 QB rating B-)