favorite nut-bustin song

the bartender's been pouring some strong one tonight at this suburban Rochester hotel, and this season already seems doomed before it begins, when suddenly my unofficial all-time favorite, nut-bustin, rock and roll song comes banging on my ipod headphones:

"Tumbling Dice": The Rolling Stones.

so what's yers?

jw

(second: "Bastards of Young": The Replacements.

...(second: "Bastards of Young": The Replacements.

Those are both great ones. Hard to pick a favorite. These are a few that come to mind...

Stooges – “Search and Destroy” (“I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm”)

Ramones – “Got No Place in the 9 to 5 World” (I know it’s not from their classic era, but it’s one of my favorites)

Beastie Boys – “Sabotage”

Butthole Surfers – “I Shot the Bar-B-Q Pope”

1,000 Homo DJ’s – “Supernaut”

When I feel the need to kill a few brain cells and do some damage to my speakers, my standbys over the years have included:

Led Zeppelin - Communication Breakdown

NIN - March of the Pigs

The White Stripes - Fell In Love With A Girl

and currently

Janes Addiction - Whores

Interesting topic.

I don't know about "favorites," but these are a few that came to mind (I like the "killing brain cells" qualifier):

Transplants - "Diamonds and Guns"

Dropkick Murphys - "The State of Massachusetts"

The Clash - "Clash City Rockers" and "London's Burning"

Captain Beyond - "Raging River of Fear"

Rage Against The Machine - "Testify"

interesting submissions.

and no answer is wrong, unless it's the beeber (and hey, are his 15 minutes finally up?)

like the AC/DC mention, though for me, i prefer "Beating Around the Bush." it's an under-rated song because it didn't get a whole bunch of airplay, and gets my head a'banging every time i hear it.

as for the Clash, it's a bit of a tie for me: "Clampdown" and "Death or Glory."

again, i'm not putting down your preferences, just thought i'd further the discussion.

jw

interesting submissions.

and no answer is wrong, unless it's the beeber (and hey, are his 15 minutes finally up?)

like the AC/DC mention, though for me, i prefer "Beating Around the Bush." it's an under-rated song because it didn't get a whole bunch of airplay, and gets my head a'banging every time i hear it.

as for the Clash, it's a bit of a tie for me: "Clampdown" and "Death or Glory."

again, i'm not putting down your preferences, just thought i'd further the discussion.

jw

"Clampdown" is a great song, but I just didn't think it was eardrum-busting enough for this thread. :)

Some more:

The Darkness - "Black Shuck"

Electric Six - "Don't Be Afraid of the Robot"

Nine Inch Nails - "The Great Destroyer"

the bartender's been pouring some strong one tonight at this suburban Rochester hotel, and this season already seems doomed before it begins, when suddenly my unofficial all-time favorite, nut-bustin, rock and roll song comes banging on my ipod headphones:

so what's yers?

jw

(second: "Bastards of Young": The Replacements.

JW a westerberg fan? I've always liked you, but I definitely have a new found respect for you now.

Those are both great choices, JW. I can't pick a favorite. A few that come to mind:

Stones: All down the line

Ramones: Poison Heart

NiN: We're in this together

The Raconteurs: Rich kid blues

Great pick. We're in this together, march of the pigs, wish and Mr. Self Destruct have been mainstays on my workout mix for years.