Gailey/Nix Credit

BillsLux

I give Gailey and Nix credit for one thing, guts. They decided to sacrifice the year early last year with the Lynch tactics; playing an inferior player to Jackson to entice a stronger trade position (we got nothing in the end).

Are they doing the same thing this year? I'm not a season ticket holder to watch us give up games for 4th and 5th round picks.

If we don't produce offensively this year, considering we just gave up one of our premier players for a 4th round pick, they should be crucified by fans and rightfully so. We didn't get a first round pick, we got a fourth round pick. I don't care how old Evans is, what are the odds we get something of more value than him. That's ignoring the fact that he was a Bill and someone I enjoyed cheering for.

I don't want to hear about salary cap. We've been talking about salary cap room for years and we've done nothing with it. For some reason, every new GM that comes in has to clear out everything from the past, clearing out the baby with the bath water (or whatever that saying is).

I give Gailey and Nix credit for one thing, guts. They decided to sacrifice the year early last year with the Lynch tactics; playing an inferior player to Jackson to entice a stronger trade position (we got nothing in the end).

Are they doing the same thing this year? I'm not a season ticket holder to watch us give up games for 4th and 5th round picks.

If we don't produce offensively this year, considering we just gave up one of our premier players for a 4th round pick, they should be crucified by fans and rightfully so. We didn't get a first round pick, we got a fourth round pick. I don't care how old Evans is, what are the odds we get something of more value than him. That's ignoring the fact that he was a Bill and someone I enjoyed cheering for.

I don't want to hear about salary cap. We've been talking about salary cap room for years and we've done nothing with it. For some reason, every new GM that comes in has to clear out everything from the past, clearing out the baby with the bath water (or whatever that saying is).

32 catches or whatever is premeire now?

I shouldnt but I'll bite

- This team wasn't doing jack @hit last year with new coaches.....new offensive and defensive strategies....not having the right players to run the 3-4.....having players that were TOO OLD like Marcus Stroud to lean on......a QB contiversy till Edwards got canned......a multitude of players on ir that just kept growing by the week.......giving up over 150 yards on the ground.....SHOULD I GO ON

- Playing lynch to showcase him for a trade was the RIGHT MOVE.....unless you just plan on releasing him for nothing. We were lucky to get what whe got for him.

- Fast forward to this year.....to keep Lee Evans on this team means that we would have to cut a player that the bills coaches probably liked a lot that better fit this offense.....what if say that player ended up being Namon Roosevelt who is catching everything thrown at him and is just having a great camp. We are going to keep Lee so he can run deep on every play instead of keeping a guy that actually fits the offense...LEE WAS NOT GETTING BETTER AS A ROUTE RUNNER.....and that is what Buddy Nix covets.....so what do you do? You either cut him or you get something for him....which the bills did.

- ITS NOT ABOUT THE PICK.....that is what seems to be a hangup with you here.....its not about drafting a player and trying to get a lesser pick...a 4th round pick is worth next to nothing.....but it is BETTER THEN CUTTING THEM OUTRIGHT.

The team knows what they want to look like.....they are working towards that agenda.....offensive threats that are big...willing blockers......guys that run sharp routes and not necessary speed burners. Leave that offense to the Raiders.

And another thing.....cheering for the player and not the team is a precarius thing....because there is a business aspect involved to all of this.

Buddy and Chan mix the Kool-Aid, and I drink it. These guys know what they are doing, and I prefer the youth movement over the big free agent spending. I am curious as to how KW makes out on his extension. Giving him a righteous payday will speak volumes to the young up and coming players we have.

I don't post much, but I've been around for a while. The bottom line for me being a season ticket holder and die hard Buffalo fan is I need to have faith. I've had my tickets in Sec. 333 for 9 years now. I have made the best of friends with my neighbors. I've watched children grow-up and others like myself get older. The bottom line is Win, Lose, or Draw, As long as I can make it, I'll be in 333. A Sunday during football season without the Buffalo Bills would not be right. I live in Holbrook N.Y., when I don't fly it takes me 6.30 Hrs to drive. But in the words of the great Marv Levy, "where else would you rather be". We may all be in for a surprise. By the way Rocco, how's your twin brother -Richie

Edited by Billsbacker88

No decent GM is coming until Ralph is gone and long term ownership is in place. It'll be Gailey/Nix until Ralph passes, IMO

Ochocinco went for a 5th and a 6th round pick, 31 years old 6 probowls......

Buddy Nix, have you been taking those "how to" computer night classes at the public library again?

The problem is that running 9 routes isn't part of this offense, nor can it be. From Chan Gailey's own lips: the Bills don't have enough talent up front and he knows he has problems there. Despite what some might post here, Fitzgibbons is not John Elway Jr. either. Evans was a poor fit in this offense and the rest of his game was of a quality that Gailey decided it was time to roll the dice and see if some of the kids could do better.

The problem is that running 9 routes isn't part of this offense, nor can it be. From Chan Gailey's own lips: the Bills don't have enough talent up front and he knows he has problems there. Despite what some might post here, Fitzgibbons is not John Elway Jr. either. Evans was a poor fit in this offense and the rest of his game was of a quality that Gailey decided it was time to roll the dice and see if some of the kids could do better.

Running 9 routes is part of every team's offense, if only to try eliminating a Safety from the rest of the coverage. There isn't a team in the NFL that (barring nasty weather) doesn't try to go deep on a streak route at least once or twice per game, just to keep the defense honest. If Donald Jones (our new fastest receiver) can't consistently get a step on his CB, the team will suffer from losing Evans.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Running 9 routes is part of every team's offense, if only to try eliminating a Safety from the rest of the coverage. If Donald Jones (our new fastest receiver) can't consistently get a step on his CB, the team will suffer from losing Evans.

Sorry if that wasn't clear. Of course, every offense runs deep routes. That's, of course, not what I meant.

Gailey wants his receivers to be big bodies and big versatile route runners. He wants to be able to run a number of plays out of the same formations. Evans didn't give him that.

PS: Evans wasn't double covered every single play either.

Sorry if that wasn't clear. Of course, every offense runs deep routes. That's, of course, not what I meant.

Gailey wants his receivers to be big bodies and big versatile route runners. He wants to be able to run a number of plays out of the same formations. Evans didn't give him that.

PS: Evans wasn't double covered every single play either.

Ok, I get what you're saying now. I definitely wasn't impressed by Evans' last two seasons, but I think he still had an intrinsic value to the offense that now has to be replaced. He wasn't double covered on every single play, but he was a big distraction in the secondary even when not producing numbers. Is there a player on the roster that can fill that role? We'll see. If there's no drop-off in our vertical capabilities, then I officially applaud the trade.