The official Get 'R Done Thread (OL)

Billsnutt

He is from the south and was the teams "man of the year" in 2008. We will sign him within the next 3 days. These are the type of guys Chan/Buddy are known for loving and will throw more money at him than the bears and ravens. Just like Barnett he has already won a Super Bowl. Im sure he just wants to get paid and a chance to start. Mark my words.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me jump in ...

1. I heard of him so he must be good.

2. Git'er done Buddy.

3. Ralph is cheap.

Thanks, :beer:

I hear what your saying, but what about the opposite? We haven't really been bringing any people in to just check them out. I know, the FO has a bunch more info on these released players than we will ever know, but I sit here and read about all the free agents that the Patsies and the Jets bring in and it kinda makes you wonder!!!

I don't like those "let's sign every player released" threads. But this is one guy we should have on a plane to Buffalo now. Our OL needs help. Nix's failure to address the line in FA is a serious problem.

While his health appears to be somewhat of a concern, let's have our doctors check him out and see for ourselves. He's only one season removed from a Pro Bowl. And at age 31, he's got gas left in the tank too.

I think this cut is more about going with a youth movement than injury concerns. Nix better show an interest. We need help on the line, specifically at RT, and Stinchcomb fits the bill.

Buddy must disagree with you since he made a solid effort to sign Clabo.

You bring him in and let the trainers work him over. Then get on the horn with his agent. Simple as that.

And yes this could be the break. We shall see.

If we can sign a healthy pro bowl player like Clabo who is an obvious upgrade then we do it but my question is whether Stinchcomb has recovered from his injury.

I do not put Pears in the category of a Clabo yet (probably never but one never knows) but I do think that Pears is better than a one legged right tackle waived early in the preseason unless Stinchcomb was released to give him a chance to start elsewhere!

If he is pro bowl caliber then definitely sign him ... but let's not get all excited again about another team's reject until we know whether the car is still driveable! :pirate:

He is from the south and was the teams "man of the year" in 2008. We will sign him within the next 3 days. These are the type of guys Chan/Buddy are known for loving and will throw more money at him than the bears and ravens. Just like Barnett he has already won a Super Bowl. Im sure he just wants to get paid and a chance to start. Mark my words.

wow, those are strong words my friend.

A followup post from ESPN's NFC South blog and John Clayton regarding Stinchcomb's cap implications... it doesn't sound like there were any, as far as keeping him on the roster for 2011 and 2012 is concerned. He's going to be paid and count against the cap with the same figures whether or not he's on the roster.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/23748/more-on-stinchcombs-cap-implications

I agree he is worth a look but was injured last year

So was merriman and Barnett and McGee and Edwards and Davis and you get the picture. They play football and get hurt. Most recover, some don't. Our depth is trash, we need to improve it. He would improve kt

I'm in favor of this, so as long his torn left quad muscle is healed or close to it. We need depth in the worst way. Here's what Drew Brees said about him:

Drew Brees called Stinchcomb “one of the greatest teammates I’ve ever had. He’s a true pro,” Brees said. “He’s everything you want in a teammate, in a football player, in a man, in a leader ... He’s been a mainstay for this team, for this offensive line for a long time, especially during our time here. I’ve had five great years with him. He’ll always be one of my great friends, close friends. I wish him the best and his family. I’m not sure what’s next for him but I’ll always love that man.”

I'm in favor of this, so as long his torn left quad muscle is healed or close to it. We need depth in the worst way. Here's what Drew Brees said about him:

Drew Brees called Stinchcomb one of the greatest teammates Ive ever had. Hes a true pro, Brees said. Hes everything you want in a teammate, in a football player, in a man, in a leader ... Hes been a mainstay for this team, for this offensive line for a long time, especially during our time here. Ive had five great years with him. Hell always be one of my great friends, close friends. I wish him the best and his family. Im not sure whats next for him but Ill always love that man.

If was anywhere near healed I doubt the Saints let him go. As from his Rotoworld profile:

The procedure was originally labeled arthroscopic, but later clarified as reattaching the quadricep muscle to the knee. That explains the recovery timetable of six months.
which was dated June 16, 2011. http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/1069/jon-stinchcomb Edited by The Jokeman

has everyone forgot that Buddy said we had cuts as a means of upgrading the roster? Without a doubt expect them to check out Sitchcomb. Buddy already has a track record of waiver wire guys who were high draft picks (Urbik, Pears, etc.) He's right up there alley.

Just pure speculation of my behalf but with two roster spots open and our depth on the O-line seemingly weak, I think we might see the Bills bring in a veteran like Trai Essex formerly of the Steelers. Just some food for thought as here's his career stats: http://boston.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=7269&team=23

Trai Essex was a career backup in Pittsburgh and had conditioning issues. The fact that Jonathan Scott who was horrible here in Buffalo beat him to the LT spot says everything. I would rather have Max Starks who started for the Steelers at both LT and RT.

Stinchcomb was a good pass blocker but not the greatest at run blocking. He overachieved on the field, which is alright with me. I'll take that. Give me that over guys who are lazy and eat their way out of the league any day.

He's a good football player who's injured. Time is money and the NFL is a game for the youth, especially when you are the Saints and have young talent to work with.

On the Bills at RT, he's outstanding in comparison to what we've got and should he pass a physical, I'd be happy if we signed him. Unfortunately though, I get the feeling that the reattachment didn't take 100% and there are issues with it. For anybody that has had this done, whether it's a muscle or tendon reattachment, it's a very detailed and delicate surgery with a delicate recovery. It's got to be reattached *perfectly*.