Bills Game Day Rituals/Traditions

Just trying to think of all the things that make the Bills stand out from other teams. What makes our game day experience unique?

Been a while since I lived in WNY so curious if there is anything new that has become part of the culture.

A few thoughts to kick it off:

• Shout Song

• 12th Man (enough love to put us on the wall)

I put on my Hamdan shirt and go and set behind my laptop... then again i live in the Netherlands. From my Admirals days I remember being anxious the day before the game and the entire day leading up to the game, couldnt get there early enough.... Ow boy do I miss that feeling.

I put on my Hamdan shirt and go and set behind my laptop... then again i live in the Netherlands. From my Admirals days I remember being anxious the day before the game and the entire day leading up to the game, couldnt get there early enough.... Ow boy do I miss that feeling.

They don't have the game on in the Amsterdam Coffee shops? ;)

I have a Bills hat collection. If they lose while I wear a hat, that hat is never worn again that season. And if the Bills win while I'm wearing a specific hat, I immediately take it off & save it for the next week. Can't be using up all the good karma in that hat.

I have a Bills hat collection. If they lose while I wear a hat, that hat is never worn again that season. And if the Bills win while I'm wearing a specific hat, I immediately take it off & save it for the next week. Can't be using up all the good karma in that hat.

You must have alot of different bills hats.

I make a sacrifice at exactly 8:23am to our Lord Nyarlathotep, guard and protector of our Lord Cthulhu and servant of our Master Azathoth. May his form walk this Earth for endless æons! :worthy:

Perhaps collectively every Bills fan should do the opposite from the good luck rituals they've done in the past 11 years...

During Bills games everybody who watches has to sit in the same spot all game and they can not get up for anything. If the Bills lose, everybody sits in a new spot next week. Also, if the Bills win, I will wear exactly what I wore on Gameday, if they lose I change everything I wore.

Normally we start off the tailgate with our game day tradition of bobbing-for-Sahlens, which is just like bobbing for apples but with a big tub of hot dogs floating in their natural factory sealed in juices. Not only is this delicious and healthy but it provides great sustenance for a long day. The winner is declared Sausage King, and gets to wear the coveted meat helmet for the day.

The Sausage King then performs the keg ceremony and the drinking period commences. Games also begin, like battery tag (whoever gets hit is IT), cabbage fights, and grab ass. At the two hour warning before kickoff, everyone switches clothes with the person next to them. One hour before kickoff the opposing teams mascot is burned in effigy and a sacrifice, usually porcupine, is made to whatever higher power may be interested. 30 minutes before kickoff we surround a portable toilet and sing show tunes before pushing it over. Next is potato sack race to the front gate. Not the empty sacks like dumb kids play, but full potato sacks. The loser runs the gauntlet and is pelted with potatoes. Then we enjoy the game!

This is usually only for away games. I go down to my basement right at game time put the game on & about 10 minutes into the game I turn the channel to another game(I have the ticket) in which I have money on or find more interesting since I soon realize the Bills stink & will probably lose.

edit: It usually only takes the first 5 minutes when they are playing the Patriots.

I live in Alaska, so the game starts here at 9 in the AM. I wake my son up at about 7:30 and make him the breakfast of his choice (mom's still sleeping). I pour myself a cup of coffee with Baileys and then watch cartoons with my boy while he eats his breakfast (this keeps me calm until game time). After my wife wakes up, it's off to the garage for a few bong hits of the Matanuska Thunderf**k. The family then suits up in Bills gear, and we retire to the couch for the game.

My wife and I always drink Labatt's Blue and Grand Marnier during the game.

I live in Alaska, so the game starts here at 9 in the AM. I wake my son up at about 7:30 and make him the breakfast of his choice (mom's still sleeping). I pour myself a cup of coffee with Baileys and then watch cartoons with my boy while he eats his breakfast (this keeps me calm until game time). After my wife wakes up, it's off to the garage for a few bong hits of the Matanuska Thunderf**k. The family then suits up in Bills gear, and we retire to the couch for the game.

My wife and I always drink Labatt's Blue and Grand Marnier during the game.

I envy you Alaskans. I'd like to wake up at 9 and just watch the game.