How to watch football online this year

saundena

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure that I'll be proactive this time around and not try finding a link 10 minutes before a game starts :) SO, how do we go about watching streamed NFL games this year? I remember that ATDNE.net got shut down last year; I had the best luck with them. Are there any newer alternatives out there? I spent 80% of the time outside the US of A, therefore any suggestions will have to work internationally!

Part of the whole point of the system is you find a link 10 mins before the game starts so the NFL doesn't shut it down.

If you're out of the US you can actually pay to watch the games through NFL.com.

If I were out of the States I would just fork up the cash and not have to deal with the hassle.

This link gives you the live streaming game options if you're coming from outside the US:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nflgamepass

Edited by Why So Serious?

FYI - $250. (ouch)

If you're out of the US you can actually pay to watch the games through NFL.com.

If I were out of the States I would just fork up the cash and not have to deal with the hassle.

This link gives you the live streaming game options if you're coming from outside the US:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nflgamepass

Ouch indeed! I swear it was like $40 a couple years ago.

You know what I'd do? I'd call up and immediately ask for the Customer Retention department, then say [insert DTV spiel here].... :D

both yahoo and nfl are run by a company called neulion, i suffered through quite a bit of issues on their end causing me to miss 4 games in 2009 season (well the live coverage of it then), then they autorenewed my account for 2010 even though i never gave them permission to do so. I couldnt get a single dollar off for renewing this year.

The FBI has stepped up enforcement against these sites so I wonder how many of them will be operating this year. Me I got Sunday Ticket To Go so I'm legit.

PTR

FINALLY, someone mentions NFL To Go through Directv. I don't think you have to be a subscriber to a Directv tv package to get it, right? I believe you can subscribe to NFL To Go a la carte.

It astounds me how many people don't have any issues with "stealing" video, music, etc off the internet when there are legitimate ways to subscribe. You wouldn't go into a Target store and walk out with a handful of electronic goods without paying, would you?

FINALLY, someone mentions NFL To Go through Directv. I don't think you have to be a subscriber to a Directv tv package to get it, right? I believe you can subscribe to NFL To Go a la carte.

It astounds me how many people don't have any issues with "stealing" video, music, etc off the internet when there are legitimate ways to subscribe. You wouldn't go into a Target store and walk out with a handful of electronic goods without paying, would you?

I would if I was in London :devil::ph34r: but no in general it would be more reliable so I would pay if THEY HAD THAT OPTION HERE!

:oops:

Here we go with this.. its the same as the knockoff jerseys. No one cares about stealing video, music and the like. I am more than happy to pay for it but the NFL obviouly needs to ifnd a better way to offer games to people. I do subscribe to the NHL online services because it has much more value than the NFL and i can deal with watching other games and keeping up with the bills online or checking on my phone/ going to a bar with the game on. As for stealing look at what Spotify has done for music when everyone is pirating music spotify revoloutionized how record companies get their music to customers and made it affordable. That is the middle ground and something that the NFL has to figure out. They need to make money off of their streaming but not make it so rediculous that it isnt affordable.

NFL Rewind is the option for 40$. I believe it's also available in other parts of the world, but don't hold me to that. To get Sunday ticket to go, you're supposed to either already have Direct TV, or not be able to get it (not sure how stringent they are about that.)

My wife and I have been without any cable / satellite for the past 2 years, I finally bit the bullet and ordered satellite and the ticket this year.

I live in Florida so getting a Bills game is limited to when the Bills play the Dolphins 2x a year and usually I get 1 of the 2 Jets games.

That's it other than that I am relegated to online stuff or going to a local sports bar and watch on TV with No volume.

And usually being the only Bills fan in a room full of Dolphin fans and having to listen to a bunch of crap from others, but I give it right back to them.

That is a fuzzy question. From what I've heard you do have to be a DTV subscriber, but if you have a DTV tech come to your house and verify you can't get DTV (because of trees, buildings, etc obstructing the southwest sky) then they will let you buy it without DTV. Still costs as much as with DTV.

PTR

I gave up my Sat dish 2 years ago and now watch all my TV shows on-line (HDMI hook up to my living room TV). When it comes to the games, I'll stream more than one at a time. I turn the sound down and minimize all but the one I'm currently watching, this way if it goes down I have a back-up ready. The picture quality is not HD, but it is watchable. Note that I do pay for very fast internet service.

I gave up my Sat dish 2 years ago and now watch all my TV shows on-line (HDMI hook up to my living room TV). When it comes to the games, I'll stream more than one at a time. I turn the sound down and minimize all but the one I'm currently watching, this way if it goes down I have a back-up ready. The picture quality is not HD, but it is watchable. Note that I do pay for very fast internet service.

Gamepass gives you that but then in HD.