There's an interesting word coming out of Bills camp

eball

If they win some games and look better this year, we will have a lot to talk this year. If they lose a lot of games this year we still have a lot to talk about in which one of the top 3 QBs in the draft will be available when we pick.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we will always talk about franchise qb probably. Even if we won the SB this year. Because fitz is getting up in years or something or another.

Imho Spiller is not going to be a starter. Even i can see he needs space. but his second gear is stupid. You guys have watched film i bet and wow.

We just were not able to use him last year. We tryed to force him to run inside and the o line really couldnt get around for screens or gettin to edge etc well. I Expect him to be much better, not much different in his abilities besides some patience and strength. i expect much better implementation of better play calling for him though

how a bout a double reverse option with Smith at qb and spiller and parrish?

I'm not an optimist at all, but it became pretty clear to me last year that Gailey can coach offense. When the offense clicked last year, it was actually pretty impressive. And they have a qb who doesn't get down or go into a shell after bad plays. That's huge, especially given the ebb and flow of a full game.

I am with you man. I think this team has the potential to be very effective. But it is predicated on a few different variables.

-Can Fitz be more consistent, and cut down on the untimely poor decisions?

-Can the Oline stay healthy and come together as a unit?

If those two things happen i do believe we as fans will finally get a pro offense that will keep us on the edge of our seats.

I'm w/ you on both points, especially your 2nd one.

It is good to hear that they are confident in their own abilities.

But when have you heard the players on any team make statements in camp that they are going to suck this year?

This is the same offense as last year. What is going to make them more "explosive" this year than last, a years experience?

Hope it's true, but sounds like ordinary sound byte chest thumping stuff to me. B-)

I think it's ordinary sound byte chest thumping too, but I would say that the likely improvement of CJ Spiller, Fitz with the offense from the beginning, Brad Smith, a healthy O-Line with Wood at center, and as you said, that one more year's experience (particularly for a young team), there are reasons to believe this offense (which wasn't terrible last year), could indeed be more "explosive"

The issue is being able to finish. We had a huge problem under Jauron and we saw it last year. It feels like it is turning around if that makes sense. They just have to learn to finish teams off. We know we can come back alla the cincy game. We are a better team than we as fans and the media gives credit for, but you are what your record is. The ship has been "righted" let's see of there is anything left in the sails.

You lose all credibility when you start praising the Spiller pick. A top pick RB needs to be good right away. At 24 years old, the CJ Spiller show is now probably a 5 year show at this point, even if he pans out. This team desperately needed help at a positon like OT, where you can expect a top prospect to give you about a decade of good service.

As for Nix, he has the look of a confident man right now. If this team struggles to 6-10 we will see what the look in his eye is then. Two years of losing tends to put the stink of accountability on GM's and coaches. We saw this with Donahoe. He went from confident to desperate to paranoid. I think Buddy would sooner quit. I hope we don't get to see that.

Maybe the CJ pick was more of a reach by the Bills on draft day than the other way around. I think this was the case w/ the Whitner pick.

Optimism is common this time of year.

After the first two preseason games we'll have a good feel.

The offense really struggled the last few preseasons but for much of the regular season it looked like a fairly coherent and competent offense out there.

Now they're entering the 2nd year in the system.

I think the Bills offense will be better but I'm not so sure about "explosive."

Looking forward to Friday night at the Bears.

It's a good test and there's been league-wide talk that regulars will play more this preseason.

I remember everyone saying our offense was going to be explosive when they were bringing back the no huddle a few years ago.. Then they went on to fire Turk Schonert right before the season started..

That is true but again, the offense never performed well that preseason.

There was also buzz last year when Gailey was hired because of his good track record as an offensive coach.

But the Bills offense did not perform well last preseason (in the first year of Gailey's system).

That's why it's important how the offense performs in the preseason games this year.

Their performance in the exhibition games should be a strong indicator of how competent the offense is this year.

I'm sick and tired of the "my team sucks" people

When asked why they feel that way most of them start by saying "well last year"

This is exactly the wrong thing to say about this years team.

This year we will have 7-10, new players on our team,and yes it is a team sport.

If you have a better player next to you,it frees you to be better.

Last year Fitz didn't get first team reps in OTAs and training camp.

Merriman was injured.Poz couldn't cover recivers.Whitner couldn't cover.

This year's yeam will be filled with new and better players.

To that list,add Dareus,Jasper and Heard.

Spiller and Parish have yet to make many plays in space. Gailey's offense was anything but unpredictable. See play calling in all 3 OT losses.

Completely agree...This team needs to consistently run the ball and run effectively. Unless they can run the ball and take pressure of the OL, this offense is going nowhere.

The potential is there for sure and unlike a lot of season that hasn't been the case.

Stevie is a true number one guy that commands attention. Evans is a veteran WR who can take advantage of the attention Stevie gets and keep teams honest on Stevie. Parrish, Nelson, Easley and Roosevelt are some nice options at WR that can add a threat from the slot.

Brad Smith is a nice wildcard type weapon that Gailey can use in a lot of looks. Freddie is a reliable back who you know can produce. Spiller has potential to be a game changer although he remains to be seen if he can reach it. Bell, Levitre, and Wood are looking like they can be one hell of a base for an offensive line.

Fitz comes with both a lot to like and be worried about. He is a leader with a good work ethic and he elevates the teams play. He has a strong arm and works decently under pressure. But he has accuracy concerns and has made some bad turnovers.

The offense can be very good but it also has concerns.

I'm not an optimist at all, but it became pretty clear to me last year that Gailey can coach offense. When the offense clicked last year, it was actually pretty impressive. And they have a qb who doesn't get down or go into a shell after bad plays. That's huge, especially given the ebb and flow of a full game.

Well put.

Looking forward to Friday night at the Bears.

It's a good test and there's been league-wide talk that regulars will play more this preseason.

Saturday, my man.

I would love to see more screen passes from the Bills just like Thurman used to get from Kelly. I also want to see the Counter trey we used to run, when the Guards would pull and lead the way. Those were great plays.

I just spent a week in WNY and yes parts of Buffalo are run down and looking pretty crappy, but some of you people who live there are so negative, you force people away !!!

Have a little faith - go to church on Sunday, maybe God will open your heart!

:thumbsup: WHAT HE SAID!

Spiller and Parish have yet to make many plays in space. Gailey's offense was anything but unpredictable. See play calling in all 3 OT losses.

Being held up and having a ball stripped away from you has nothing to do with play calling.

Stevie dropping a game winning TD pass has nothing to do with play calling.

Say what you want about the plays, there were still chances to win those games that were missed for other reasons.

This is the same offense as last year. What is going to make them more "explosive" this year than last, a years experience?

Starting the season with Fitz under center instead of Edwards?

...And a full preseason with the first string for Fitz to get the timing right?

That is true but again, the offense never performed well that preseason.

There was also buzz last year when Gailey was hired because of his good track record as an offensive coach.

But the Bills offense did not perform well last preseason (in the first year of Gailey's system).

That's why it's important how the offense performs in the preseason games this year.

Their performance in the exhibition games should be a strong indicator of how competent the offense is this year.

Didn't Spiller look great and Maybin get a sack in last year's preseason? Well...u know the rest.