Shannon Sharpe isn't hall worthy

major

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can easily name 10 NFL greats that belong in the Hall of Fame before Shannon Sharpe. I'm still perplexed as to how he make it in. Oh well, here's hoping Andre Reed gets in within the next few years.

But he had a hell of a speech.

Oh, come on! Maybe you dislike him, but he was a dominant player for many years, winning three rings and setting all TE records before retiring. I used to hate him when he was an active player, but that does not take away from any of these accomplishments. He clearly deserves it and I'm even happier because Sterling got, in a way, his induction through Shannon.

Edited by TKO

I can easily name 10 NFL greats that belong in the Hall of Fame before Shannon Sharpe. I'm still perplexed as to how he make it in. Oh well, here's hoping Andre Reed gets in within the next few years.

I don't know if this statement deserves a response. But here I go ... I understand that there are many players deserving to get in i.e. Andre Reed, but to say Shannon Sharpe doesn't is ridiculous. He was a huge part of that offense, and he reinvented the tight-end position.

If Shannon Sharpe doesn't deserve being in the HOF then nobody does. His career in the era that he played dictates that. Period.

The fact that others have wrongfully been ignored has absolutely nothing to do with Sharpe. We can't denigrate his accomplishments by bemoaning the fact that others should be there, too.

GO BILLS!!!

Sharpe is a Hall of Famer. All I want to know is how does Marshall Faulk get in as a first ballot HOF and Thurman Thomas doesn't?

Listening on the radio, ESPN, on the way home from work...for the second time this week, some ESPN clown drools over Marshall Faulk, saying "he revolutionized the runnnig back position, never had a running back been such a big part of the passing game, as well as the running game..." Apparently, he never heard of Thurman Thomas or Roger Craig...

btw- Shannon Sharpe belongs in the HOF...major, you are an island on this one...but hey, I wouldn't put Marino in there either! :P

Edited by Buftex

Sharpe is a Hall of Famer. All I want to know is how does Marshall Faulk get in as a first ballot HOF and Thurman Thomas doesn't?

Isn't it obvious? He won a Super Bowl. There is also the fact that only 2 guys (Faulk and Warner) from that team are going to the HoF as opposed to the Bills, who had a bunch of guys splitting up the credit (so to speak).

Isn't it obvious? He won a Super Bowl. There is also the fact that only 2 guys (Faulk and Warner) from that team are going to the HoF as opposed to the Bills, who had a bunch of guys splitting up the credit (so to speak).

Pretty sure you can add Bruce to that and maybe holt

Normally I don't care that much to respond but my god man, are you nuts? Sharpe may be the best TE of all time although I would have loved to see Ozzie Newsome in his prime in Sharpe's era.

Reed isn't going to make it fair or not. They will put in Chris Carter before Reed and with Marvin Harrison, Isaac Bruce, TO, Moss and others in the near future he doesn't stand a chance. It's a shame because I think he was so much better than Art Monk and equally as good as Michael Irvin.

i can maybe name 10.....and andre reed isnt one of them.shannon sharpe belongs in the hall.

Pretty sure you can add Bruce to that and maybe holt

Maybe even Orlando Pace. He was ok. :oops:

Utterly ridiculous to say he is not HOF worthy. He's Tony Gonzalez with Super Bowl rings. Please don't tell me Gonzalez isn't worthy either, you've embarrassed yourself enough already.

Can't take anything away from Marshall, he was definitely a 1st ballot HOFer, but in my eyes I always thought Thurman should have been, too. ESPN just had a list of guys who could make it next year, about 8 names of first year eligible guys and 8 names of guys who have been passed up...Andre Reed's name nowhere to be found. I really hope he gets in one day.